Author Topic: Drizzts  (Read 14740 times)

Brannin Vael

Drizzts
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2003, 08:59:03 PM »
(Iirc)Just a side note on Drizzt's scimitars. I am not sure if it is Twinkle or Frostbrand. But one of them should indeed give immunity to fire.

At least after reading "The Crystal Shard" and Drizzt's fight with the demon. One of those swords protected him from the fire that the demon summoned (or that was present in the fight anyway...).                    

Caedwyr

Drizzts
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2003, 11:02:33 PM »
The frostbrand "Icingdeath" is the anti-demon scimitar which gives protection from fire.                    

Brannin Vael

Drizzts
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2003, 12:46:42 AM »
Thanks Caedwyr.

It then makes some sense that "Icingdeath" ought to grant the 'user' immunity to fire. I was always curious why Drizzt's scimitars did not do this from the beginning.                    

Tyrus

Drizzts
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2003, 02:52:05 AM »
Brannin Vael:

I have already improved both of Drizzt's swords.                    

mitchmc

Drizzts
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2003, 10:12:15 AM »

I have already improved both of Drizzt's swords.

cool  B)

I'm looking forward to trying out the mod

______
Cheers
MitchMc                    

[!--EDIT|mitchmc|Feb 26 2003, 06:13 PM--]

Caedwyr

Drizzts
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2003, 02:56:28 PM »
Slightly off topic question, but will the improved Drizzt and friends also show up in the assault on Bodhi?  Personally I think it'd be nice, as there would be an advantage to not attacking them.                    

Brannin Vael

Drizzts
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2003, 09:59:46 PM »
@ Tyrus. Great!

Like mitchmc, I also look forward to giving your mod a try. :)

Moonfruit

Drizzts
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2003, 12:27:14 PM »
I'm sure that Moonfruit will host the Mod but I can't get hold of him

Thanx for the automatic assumption that I will host it for you. I feel privilaged.

On a more serious note. I will in fact host it, but I will only do so once you send me the official release version 1 (ie. no betas). Unfortunately I am a bit too busy to test the mod, so I will have to rely on the comments of those that did.                    

Moonfruit

Drizzts
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2003, 02:45:49 PM »
Well, fortunately I did in fact find the time to test the mod, and I found three small bugs:

1 - The panther becomes visible for long periods of time if you don't attack him.

2 - The bow that Catti-Brie drops has no name or description

3 - The unidentified version of Aegis Fang displays it's name as "Aegis Fang", instead of just "Hammer" (although Tyrus assured me that this mistake is present in the original game)

Other than that I find the mod to be quite good, and a definite improvement to the original Drizzt encounter.

Congratulations on your hard work, Tyrus, and please send me the mod after you fixed those few mistakes.
BTW the version I tested was version 2.                    

Tyrus

Drizzts
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2003, 02:41:23 PM »
Well...

I have just mailed v5 of the Mod to Moonfruit so it should be up soon.

I have added the Improved Drizzt to Bodhi's Lair but I don't know if it has worked etc.

I hope that everyone enjoys this Mod.                    

Moonfruit

Drizzts
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2003, 04:07:32 PM »
Version 5 works great, and I will upload it as soon as I the Angelfire web server in online again.

Until then, you guys will have to hold out.

Sorry.                    

Assassin

Drizzts
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2003, 09:50:07 PM »
Couple of questions (sorry about not being active as a tester- I was busy with schoolwork, and I was holding out for the AI from Kensai Ryu)

Can you put something in there that talks about Improved Drizzt being too powerful in the vampire lair if Improved Bodhi isn't installed?  Personally, even with the beta version, he looked able to kill the unimproved Bodhi singlehandedly, provided he was protected from the negative plane.

Tyrus

Drizzts
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2003, 04:23:34 AM »
I have sent Drizzt-v6 to Moonfruit and should be up soon.

As for Improved Drizzt in Bodhi's lair he used to have a undroppable version of the Amulet of Power but I didn't have time to do that so I gave him permanent level-drain protection.

Improved Drizzt should make a mess of Non-Improved Bodhi.

Enjoy.                    

Moonfruit

Drizzts
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2003, 05:36:19 AM »
And I've finally got it uploaded. Damn Angelfire web server is very finicky.

Oh well, hope everyone enjoys it.

Improved Drizzt v6                    

[!--EDIT|Moonfruit|Mar 2 2003, 01:47 PM--]

Assassin

Drizzts
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2003, 12:46:30 PM »
Tried it out.  My comments:

I sometimes was battling 3 Guens at once.  I believe that's not supposed to happen.  

The backlines are completely unprotected in my tries, but no one, except for Catti, seemed disposed to attack the Mages.  

Maybe implement Drizzt's Magic Resistance a bit more?  I affected him with 2 Slows, without a single Lower Resistance.                    

Tyrus

Drizzts
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2003, 11:54:42 AM »
@ Assassin:

I have no idea why you were "battling 3 Guens at once" it certainly hasn't happened to me.
Guen gets summoned from the dialog - c6drizz1, and I did not change the dialog so I have no idea why you battled 3 of them.

As for your other comments I have changed Drizzt's cre a bit and could always give him free-action if too many people use slow.

I'm trying to add a twist to the encounter and hopefully I'll be done soon.                    

Assassin

Drizzts
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2003, 06:13:37 PM »
Then he'd be immune to an Oil of Speed :(                    

adam_2112

Drizzts
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2003, 10:07:06 AM »
I installed the the mod and just did a test fight to see how good he was and i am very impressed but when i reloaded my game and he joined me in the fight against bodhi. When I encounter him in the crypt everything is going normal except guen is attacking me and Drizzt is hostile, now i made sure they were not charmed od dominated so I think it must be a bug. After I kill the vampires in the everybody leaves exept for drizzt who goes down stairs and guen who either keeps attacking me or leaves with bruenor, catti-brie, and the rest. When I go down stairs drizzt is friendly again.                    

[!--EDIT|adam_2112|Mar 4 2003, 12:19 PM--]

adam_2112

Drizzts
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2003, 11:35:16 AM »
Now i defeated bodhi and drizzt turned hostile the second combat started and he was not charmed or dominated.                    

Tyrus

Drizzts
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2003, 01:18:36 PM »
@ adam_2112:

Thanks for pointing these things out because I didn't test them.
I pretty sure I know what the problem is and it should be solved soon.                    

[!--EDIT|Tyrus|Mar 7 2003, 09:23 PM--]

mitchmc

Drizzts
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2003, 10:50:43 AM »
Now i defeated bodhi and drizzt turned hostile the second combat started and he was not charmed or dominated.

@ adam_2112:

Or perhaps not….. :blink:

1)Stay in alignment (if one is good) plus you get to fight Drizzt,
(Should be a good one especially after finishing off Bodhi)

2) Get all that great new Drizzt stuff (enough to make one interested/put
proficiency points into in scimitars)

drizzt turned hostile the second combat started and he was not charmed or dominated.

perhaps it was a blow to the head that confused old Drizzt,

Great battle by the way, love your  (SPOILER to follow)

Immune to time stop Guenhwyvar, could you make it go after the character that Cast the time stop?? Other wise I kill off a couple of the party (2-3) for the loss of an NPC ………………… B)

Super addition should be part of tactics :D

Cheers
MitchMc

ps so sorry it took so long to play it and get back to you, my computer didn't know know what a .rar file was, and by the time a tec took it home and unzipped it for me v6 was posted by moonfruit  :angry:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Michel

Drizzts
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2003, 11:32:25 AM »
Hey Tyrus, do you want another website to host your Imp Drizzt mod?

Rpgtalk / DangerZone

Kish

Drizzts
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2003, 12:06:58 PM »

@ adam_2112:

Or perhaps not….. :blink:

1)Stay in alignment (if one is good) plus you get to fight Drizzt,
(Should be a good one especially after finishing off Bodhi)
                   And what if you don't want to fight Drizzt--if that's not why you installed the mod?

Definitely, fix the bug.  It makes no sense.                    

Tyrus

Drizzts
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2003, 12:36:14 PM »
@ Kish & mitchmc:

I didn't ever intend for Drizzt to turn hostile, it most definitely is a bug and shouldn't be like that.

I have changed a few scripts, items, bugs etc. and added a surprise to update it to v7 but I must still make the final touches for release.                    

[!--EDIT|Tyrus|Mar 11 2003, 08:22 PM--]

Tyrus

Drizzts
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2003, 12:27:50 PM »
Michel, why don't you just link Moonfruit's webpage because if I recall you also wanted to host one of his Mods.

You'd obviously have to ask Moonfruit : )

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: