Author Topic: Sola and flirts  (Read 57340 times)

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« on: January 27, 2003, 08:41:40 PM »
Since this pretty much got lost in our nonsense (Yes, I take my fair share of blame for that) over in the other thread, let's try to focus on keeping this one on the topic of flirting with the delicious drow, eh? :)

Wes, if we can come up with something that would work, would you be willing to implement it? :)

------------

Sola Flirt FAQ and updates will be going here too :)

2/7/03

The Solaufein flirt pack will let us finally flirt with our delicious drow. As of this date, it's still in the very early stages and I'm open to any thoughts, inspirations or suggestions posted in the thread or PM'd to me.  If you want to contribute but don't know if something has yet been written, please PM me as I don't want to spoil the surprise for those who'd rather not see every flirt :) I'll be updating this message as necessary if things are revised.

The flirts will be on at least two levels, possibly three. The first level is what we've been calling the "teaching" level, where Solaufein is learning what flirting is. While he may know intellectually from his reading, he can't have had much physical experience in Ust Natha. A little clumsiness would be natural in this situation, but we don't want to make our Sola look like a fool.

The second level will be with Sola being more confident, perhaps surprising the PC with his responses to the flirting. The third, well, I'm not really sure if there will be one, but I would think we might sneak in a few more detailed flirts into area, for towards the end of the game.

As for gender specific flirts, I can code those easily enough. If you can come up with one that works, I'll gladly put it in. If we do go that route, I'd like to keep them roughly even in number.  I believe I could also do class specific flirts, though I'm not sure we want to go crazy with those :)

How explicit.. well, let's try to keep it about at PG for now. I haven't heard from Wes on what he wants in this direction, so better safe than sorry.

If you want to write a flirt, you can PM it to me, or post ideas or thoughts in this thread. At the moment I'm doing what I call the more "common" ones myself (i.e. hand holding, the ones in about every flirt pack) but I'm more than happy to replace what I've written for them if someone comes up with something better.

If you have any questions, please post in the thread, and as I said, this FAQ will be revised as necessary.

Tsuru

[!--EDIT|Tsuru|Feb 7 2003, 09:45 PM--]

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 01:06:51 AM »
Someone mentioned Sola's elf ears awhile ago, though I don't remember who. Maybe a conversatin with the PC asking Sola if it's true elf ears are sensitive to touch. Though I'm going to stop my line of thought since knowing me they'll turn naughty. :P

PC: Tell me Sola, is it true that an elf's ears are sensitive to touch? I already know that elves hear better than most, so I wanted to know if touch is also a sensitivity.

Any idea of how you wouldn't mind Sola responding to this Tsuru?                    

[!--EDIT|Amazor'dra|Jan 28 2003, 01:15 AM--]

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 01:22:28 AM »
*shy little look around* ..... Should I?                    

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 01:23:23 AM »
*shy little look around* ..... Should I?
                   Go for it.  :P                    

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2003, 01:32:13 AM »

This is written under the assumution that the *hopeful* flirt options show up only as a post nookie thing. If not well... you get an irrate and frustraed Sola. Hopefully this is a gender and short people equal flirt. :) And you get to manhandle him, too! *flees from Wes-sama's wraith*

==

-PC Flirt Option for Solaufien-

-(Feeling curious about rumors that you’ve heard about elves, you sneak up behind Solaufien, running your tounge on the pointed tip of his ear giving it a slow and gentle lick.)

-Solaufien-

(You feel him shiver and he turns around to face you. His look isn't quite angry but it's one of the fiercest looks you've ever seen on him.) W-why did you do that? (Solaufien's voice is huskier than usual with his burning gaze focused on you.)

-PC-

- I-I'm sorry, I don't what came over me. I didn‘t mean to make you upset... {A}
- Trying to relax you, I guess I startled you. {B}
- A little bird said you might enjoy that. (Wicked smile.) {C}
- (You return his smoldering look with an 'innocent' smile.) {D}

-Solaufien-

A] No... just don't do that in -public- again, {CharName}. (Warily smiles.) I enjoyed that a little *too* much...
B] Let's just say it doesn't relax me, my dear, but the result of your experiment might be a good thing for *both* of us.
C] Your little bird was was correct.
D] (He slowly smiles back.) Infuriating little {girl/boy}, aren't you? (He uses the purring like tone that the others *never* hear from him.)

-
E] However, perhaps we'll bring up this subject into more depth when we don't have so many prying eyes...

-PC-

-I look forward to it *very* much.
-(You just smile sweetly.)

{End}

==

Wasn't too awful, was it?  :ph34r:                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2003, 01:38:50 AM »
Good girl, I knew you could do it :)

I guess some could be unisex, and others specific for gender, like Kish (I think) suggested.                    

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2003, 02:11:33 AM »
Oh, I like! Good job Sphira!  B)                    

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2003, 02:15:48 AM »
Thank you! ^_^

Oh yeah! My emails sphira@hotmail.com There was a url you were going to send me, hopefully?                    

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2003, 02:18:09 AM »
Yes, there is a url. Though if I start talking about what kind of portrait attachment I was going to send Tsuru will hit me in the head again.  :P

Url heading your way in a seconds. ;)                    

Kismet

Sola and flirts
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2003, 11:48:27 AM »
Speaking as someone who has a large number on her Kelsey flirt counter, I tend to enjoy the action/reaction flirts a lot more than the conversational flirts.  For me, it's more fun to do a specific action and get a random response than it is to have the same (similar) conversation over and over again.

Just my 2 cents.

~Kismet                    

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2003, 12:31:06 PM »
You're right Kismet though it's nice to have some flirts that are longer than 2 sentences.  Then again I never romanced Kelsey so I have no idea what those flirts are like...  My experience with BG flirts begins and ends with Tashia and flirtpacks *hides in shame*                    

Kismet

Sola and flirts
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2003, 01:00:01 PM »
You're right Kismet though it's nice to have some flirts that are longer than 2 sentences.  Then again I never romanced Kelsey so I have no idea what those flirts are like...  My experience with BG flirts begins and ends with Tashia and flirtpacks *hides in shame*
                   Oh, I agree.  Variety is good!  I was just stating my preference for flirts to be more action oriented rather than conversation oriented.  Most of Kelsey's flirts are action/reaction, but they can go on for a while...namely the bathing flirts which go on for 6 or so continues.  And even in the ones where there is PC interaction I tend to pick the "action" option rather than the "conversation" option.                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2003, 01:08:37 PM »
I still like what Sphira wrote :) It might be expanded to include different options, or as I told her, it might also make a nice post-nookie banter.

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2003, 01:28:56 PM »
Guess we'll have to redirect our sweet smiles to Sphira then for her to make us such options.  *beams a smile at Sphira*                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Sola and flirts
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2003, 03:00:22 PM »
Everybody has different taste, but in all objective candor I think you haven't seen flirting until you've seen the original Compton Patented Flirt Technology. Kelsey, Aerie, Jaheira, and soon Viconia and Anomen.

(meaning if your only perspective on flirting in completed form is Tashia. I'm not passing judgement on scattered experimental Solaufein flirts here and there.)

[!--EDIT|jcompton|Jan 28 2003, 03:17 PM--]
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Hendryk

Sola and flirts
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2003, 03:34:03 PM »
Everybody has different taste, but in all objective candor I think you haven't seen flirting until you've seen the original Compton Patented Flirt Technology. Kelsey, Aerie, Jaheira, and soon Viconia and Anomen.
I second that.  The most important thing that JC does very well in all the flirts is that, whatever stage the romance is at and whatever option the PC chooses, the character being flirted with is always sharply delineated.  That, IMO, would be a very important point for developing Sola flirts as well.  The developer would have to have a very strong sense of how a "romantic" drow would think, feel and act in a variety of situations and stick with it.  That's what I like about Sphira's text;  she emphasizes a recognizable "Sola" reaction.                    

[!--EDIT|Hendryk|Jan 29 2003, 02:12 AM--]

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2003, 03:40:40 PM »
I second that.  The most important thing that JC does very well in all the flirst is that, whatever stage the romance is at and whatever option the PC chooses, the character being flirted with is always sharply delineated.  That, IMO, would be a very important point for developing Sola flirts as well.  The developer would have to have a very strong sense of how a "romantic" drow would think, feel and act in a variety of situations and stick with it.  That's what I like about Sphira's text;  she emphasizes a recognizable "Sola" reaction.
                   Absolutely. Different levels for different levels of committment. I believe it can be done, I really do. It's just a matter of getting them written and coded.

As for romantic drow... well, considering that most of what I read about them doesn't seem to have much romance, aren't we kind of in a new area here? But I think we all know Sola well enough to at least make an educated guess how *he* would act and react to certain things. A lot of the earlier ones would probably have him confused as to how to react, and later become more confident as he grows to understand flirting. And somehow I suspect the delicious drow will become *very* good at it ;)

Hendryk

Sola and flirts
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2003, 04:03:02 PM »
As for romantic drow... well, considering that most of what I read about them doesn't seem to have much romance, aren't we kind of in a new area here? But I think we all know Sola well enough to at least make an educated guess how *he* would act and react to certain things. A lot of the earlier ones would probably have him confused as to how to react, and later become more confident as he grows to understand flirting. And somehow I suspect the delicious drow will become *very* good at it ;)
                   Right.  The drow might not be "romantic" per se but they certainly have an elaborate set of customs and taboos governing relations between the sexes.  So the first question for Sola would be, "How much of this baggage is he still lugging around in the form of unquestioned assumption?"  Even given his earlier involvement with Phaere, I'd guess quite a lot - and flirts could be a fun way of untangling much of it.                    

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2003, 04:23:18 PM »

First I’d like to thank people again for the compliment. It was merely just a cute suggestion more than anything. :)

The noted flirt is more for it happens in a more public area rather than the PC and Sola being alone. Technically this is one or more ‘innocent’ flirts if someone wrote more. It's my opinion that Solaufien isn't an open person about his affections in public. As Hendryk said, Sola's society frowns on male sexuality as many culture do with female sexuality. I don't know if this holds true for second edition but in one issue of Dragon magazine (I think December‘s) they had an issue on drow and In one of the articles said while female drow could sleep with nearly whomever they wanted including people from other races, male drow could *not* or be severely punished.  The relationship with the PC is fully against what Solaufien’s used to. That's why it's hard and unfair to compare Kesley (and the other chars) and Solaufien on terms of affection or flirting.

The flirt I posted had a set time frame in mind despite not mentioning what time specifically. Notably it’s a post nookie flirt and that’s after dealing with Aychlessa and the revenge spiders as well as getting Eilistraee’s blessing. He’s now at a comfort level with the PC that the PC can flirt with out Solaufien getting an under dark relapse of how things might of been for him. If the PC dared to try that before hand, I would safely say it would freak out Sola too much and he wouldn‘t trust the PC enough. I guess it’s like sleeping with Viccy too soon, the PC isn’t much different from any other person Viccy (or Sola) has meet in the under dark. Also, Sola has the problem of being bisexual/gender equal. He can't do much to the PC with out making the mod more complex.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Sola and flirts
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2003, 05:51:09 PM »
Wes, if we can come up with something that would work, would you be willing to implement it? :)
                   Yes. For example, the ear flirt seems fine.                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2003, 05:52:09 PM »
                   Thank you, Wes :)

Ok, let's really get going here! :D

Kiki

Sola and flirts
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2003, 06:11:58 PM »
Wow, Sola's actually going to get a smu--er, flirt pack! Will wonders never cease.                    

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2003, 08:04:49 PM »
                   It is? *beams* Thank you!                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2003, 08:18:43 PM »
So the first question for Sola would be, "How much of this baggage is he still lugging around in the form of unquestioned assumption?"  Even given his earlier involvement with Phaere, I'd guess quite a lot - and flirts could be a fun way of untangling much of it.
                   Good point. Two levels of flirts are usual, the pre-committed ones and the commited ones. I'm not sure if we shouldn't go for three, having one be the "get Sola over whatever baggage is there". Thoughts?

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2003, 08:30:00 PM »
Hmmm......maybe this could be the point where the PC can ask about Sola's family, then an option could be a way to comfort him. (Hey, who knows?) It probably wont bring the the PC and Sola together 'physically', but emotionally it can.

Or even ask him about his experience bedside with the drow perhaps, and how little it had to do with any actual love? Or even how different the love of a surfacer is compaired to it....?

But it may be just me rambling again.  :ph34r:                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: