Author Topic: Yet another "I'm bored" topic..  (Read 12652 times)

Tsuru

Yet another "I'm bored" topic..
« on: January 20, 2003, 02:14:22 AM »
Let's see... where else could we add dialogue for Sola?  What else do we want to see in the course of the romance?  We need some inspiration here to get our lazy muses off their collective duffs and working again!

Amazor'dra

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 02:22:19 AM »
If the Wraith conversation in Throne of Bhaal hasn't been written out yet, that might be something good to type about  B)                    

Kiki

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 02:27:36 AM »
A Master Wraith dialogue suggestion has been sent to Wes. Anything else? :)

I'd like to see myself finish writing ambition dialogue #2, but I've been sorta busy. Maybe this week.                    

Tsuru

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 02:54:57 AM »
I've thought of another one. I've always thought it odd that no one comments after that battle in the Oasis. And shouldn't he have something to say when brother dearest takes part of the PC's soul in the pocket plane?                    

Amazor'dra

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 02:55:19 AM »
Hmmm.......why not have something along the lines of Pheare appearing in the Pocket Plane like Sarevok? I believe I remember a conversation of Sola wondering of what would happen if Pheare did not have the feelings beaten out of her with tenticals.

Ex. of what could happen :

Pheare suddenly appears in the Pocket Plane but she seems different, instead of coming for revenge of her death she instead asks to make up for all the treachery she had done-especially in regards to Sola.

You group with her for awhile and she actually appears to be a nicer person. Except of course for one thing the main character wont like: Pheare is trying to win Sola back.

So now Sola is trapped between staying with the main character, or going back to Pheare, a woman he believes had died because of his part in the whole dragon egg switching--and who has forgiven him.

At least, so as it appears at first.                    

Tsuru

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2003, 03:22:26 PM »
Interesting idea but one that would require a lot of work. We'll see what Wes thinks :)                    

Kiki

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2003, 06:43:28 PM »
I was thinking it would be sort of interesting to have a romance interest, not necessarily Solaufein, who would put up with a certain amount of snippy remarks but would break things off if there were too many. You could do it by incrementing a variable every time the PC chose a snippy response, and when the variable hit a certain number, the NPC would say, "OK, that was the last straw--I'm out of here."                    

Sphira

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2003, 07:00:35 PM »
You group with her for awhile and she actually appears to be a nicer person. Except of course for one thing the main character wont like: Pheare is trying to win Sola back.

So now Sola is trapped between staying with the main character, or going back to Pheare, a woman he believes had died because of his part in the whole dragon egg switching--and who has forgiven him.

Ohhh.... the plot thickens. Tho I think the PC should have the right to say something along the lines of, "Hello! I got tortured AND I got my soul stolen from me and I saved you -TWICE!-" (First being sparing Sola's life in the Underdark, and twice from getting him back from Bodhi.)

At least, so as it appears at first.

At first? Does that mean one would have to save him again?  :blink:

I was thinking it would be sort of interesting to have a romance interest, not necessarily Solaufein, who would put up with a certain amount of snippy remarks but would break things off if there were too many. You could do it by incrementing a variable every time the PC chose a snippy response, and when the variable hit a certain number, the NPC would say, "OK, that was the last straw--I'm out of here."

Snippy as in snippy towards the relationship or snippy towards everyone else in general? I almost like that idea until you talk to Elhan or however you spell the guy's name. *le sigh*  The PC has EVERY right to be bitchy during Elhan's chorus prophets or whatever they are.                    

Tsuru

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2003, 07:12:05 PM »
Morgan does put up with a certain amount of snippiness on the PC's part, but I deliberately have it so he'll only leave if *greatly* provoked by certain events. It's an interesting idea to have "snippiness points", but I don't think I want to do it :)

Hendryk

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2003, 07:17:28 PM »
Elhan is commanding a war against drow and goes out of his way to mark Viconia.  Yet when the party returns from the second visit to Bodhi's, he has no comment on Sola and neither does anyone else in Suldanesselar - not even the drow mage (whom Sola ought to know well) outside Dermin's house.  Sola ought to have a little culture shock of his own here too, fighting with surface elves in a war begun in his home town.  Repudiation in theory is one thing; living it in fact for the first time....                    

Amazor'dra

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2003, 08:06:14 PM »

Ohhh.... the plot thickens. Tho I think the PC should have the right to say something along the lines of, "Hello! I got tortured AND I got my soul stolen from me and I saved you -TWICE!-" (First being sparing Sola's life in the Underdark, and twice from getting him back from Bodhi.)

This is how I would role play as Phaere :
After dying the way I did in Ust Natha I'd want revenge, and I'm probably getting tortured to boot while I'm in FR's version of Hell.

Plenty of time to think of a master plan on how to get back at Sola and the main character.

I see the Pocket Plane forming and enter much in the same way as Sarevok did. Then I notice that Sola and the main character are together and appear to be lovers. What better way to break even then by destroying the bond between Sola and the main character? Motivated by jealousy of not being able to remain in love with Sola while I had been alive--or just out of pure spite-- I wanted to destroy them.

So I ask for forgiveness and pretend to learn the error of my ways, hoping to weaken the bond between Sola and the main character, and then ruin them once I have them seporated.
::turn off roleplay::

The same idea of an argument the main character could have with Sola could be the beginning of the rift between the two. Depending on how you react you can push Sola towards Phaere--which would lead to Phaere trying to kill him once he's 'vulnerable' and thus you have the option to save him or letting him die. Or you can choose to try to keep Sola and prove to him that Pheare is trying to destroy the love between you and him.

Sphira

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2003, 08:31:10 PM »
While the idea is pretty intresting, one would think Sola's pretty much attached to the hip to the PC after the vampire thing if you chose to forgive him. And how would Phaere come back to life is another thing. I don't think the PC should give up their soul for this one. :/ Tho the situation afterwords could lead to problems; the PC is awfully busy, trying to decide on god hood, baby-sitting Sarevok, saving the world from other Bhaalspawn, daily quips from your comards, ect., ect., ...  And if this thing happened, it would certianly be the final nail in the anti-Sola coffin. :)                    

Amazor'dra

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2003, 09:21:28 PM »
And how would Phaere come back to life is another thing.

Well.....Phaere did worship Lloth, a goddess who's tried to pester Sola before. What is one dinky little god-hood spark to Lloth?

Tho the situation afterwords could lead to problems; the PC is awfully busy, trying to decide on god hood, baby-sitting Sarevok, saving the world from other Bhaalspawn, daily quips from your comards, ect., ect.,

Which would make the whole situation with a seemingly nice Phaere showing up all the more aggrivating to the PC...and allows Phaere to come across as more troublesome.

And if this thing happened, it would certianly be the final nail in the anti-Sola coffin.  
Ack, I wanted the idea to come across as one more test between the PC and Sola, of Lloth via Phaere. In other words, if their love for each other will outlast this 'hurdle' through what had been a big issue in Sola's life before he fell in love with the PC.

This is only just an idea though, truth to tell I'd be happy with any new Sola dialogue.   :)                    

Tsuru

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2003, 10:07:36 PM »
Elhan is commanding a war against drow and goes out of his way to mark Viconia.  Yet when the party returns from the second visit to Bodhi's, he has no comment on Sola and neither does anyone else in Suldanesselar - not even the drow mage (whom Sola ought to know well) outside Dermin's house.  Sola ought to have a little culture shock of his own here too, fighting with surface elves in a war begun in his home town.  Repudiation in theory is one thing; living it in fact for the first time....
                   Good point, Hendryk. I think this was talked about at one point, just nothing was done. There are probably several other places this could be touched on too.

Any muses stirring yet? :) Don't look at me, mine's still taking a nap *sigh*                    

Tsuru

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2003, 01:43:56 AM »
We are being far too quiet again. Surely we have more ideas, something that will light the spark? We can't let those muses stay on strike, now can we? ;)                    

Amazor'dra

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2003, 02:23:58 AM »
I was hoping to a certain extent that Wes would have posted by now  ;)

::kicks muse into high gear::                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2003, 10:49:18 AM »
We are being far too quiet again. Surely we have more ideas, something that will light the spark? We can't let those muses stay on strike, now can we? ;)
For you m'dear, I am posting.  Not that I have anything important to say, but I am posting.

Now, I am going back to work, sloughing off braincells at an alarming rate.  I expect to be fully rid of the pesky things by APE.

B)

Oh yeah, if my PC got the slightest hint that Phaere was trying to drive a wedge between herself and Sola, Paladin or not she'd be extremely tempted to let the trecherous wench "accidentally" trip over her sword about a dozen times.  Or maybe that's just the lack of caffine talking.                    

[!--EDIT|L_Jonté|Jan 22 2003, 06:49 PM--]

Michel

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2003, 11:12:40 AM »
let Lolth cast a curse on Sola, turn im into a Bard temporarly  :lol:  :lol:                    

Tsuru

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2003, 01:57:20 PM »
let Lolth cast a curse on Sola, turn im into a Bard temporarly  :lol:  :lol:
Michel, lambkins, c'mere.... ;)

Bout time you started posting here again, you :P                    

[!--EDIT|Tsuru|Jan 22 2003, 01:04 PM--]

Tsuru

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2003, 02:02:14 PM »
For you m'dear, I am posting.  Not that I have anything important to say, but I am posting.

Now, I am going back to work, sloughing off braincells at an alarming rate.  I expect to be fully rid of the pesky things by APE.

B)

Oh yeah, if my PC got the slightest hint that Phaere was trying to drive a wedge between herself and Sola, Paladin or not she'd be extremely tempted to let the trecherous wench "accidentally" trip over her sword about a dozen times.  Or maybe that's just the lack of caffine talking.
She lives!!! :D

Almost time, sweetie. And just think, you get to meet our beloved Sola's creator... maybe ;)

*snicker* You know it ain't lack of caffeine. It's an abundance of adoration for the darling drow.

Tsuru

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2003, 02:05:22 PM »
I was hoping to a certain extent that Wes would have posted by now  ;)

::kicks muse into high gear::
                   There ya go, kick the rest of 'em while you're at it ;)

We all know how busy he is but... *sighs and waits patiently* (Ok not so patiently)

Sphira

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2003, 05:53:47 PM »
Bah. We're deluding oursleves. We scared Wes-sama off loooong ago. Or I did at the least. :P                    

Tsuru

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2003, 05:58:52 PM »
Bah. We're deluding oursleves. We scared Wes-sama off loooong ago. Or I did at the least. :P
                   At least I'm not the only one who's gotten paranoid *muttergrumblegripe*                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2003, 06:33:28 PM »
[Valygar Voice] I'm still here.  [/Valygar]

I'm just very busy. :-( I will take a look at that Master Wraith dialogue in a bit, though.                    

Tsuru

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2003, 06:44:17 PM »
We weren't trying to make you feel guilty, Wes, really. Just our usual grumbling for attention ;)

(Gah, I wish I *were* bored at this point. I hate politics.)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: