Author Topic: Ease of use mod  (Read 1127 times)

Brannin Vael

Ease of use mod
« on: January 10, 2003, 11:50:43 PM »
Would it be possible to make 'like charge' wands stackable? Perhaps also showing the number of charges as well on the inventory screen? Thanks                    

Kish

Ease of use mod
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2003, 12:06:25 AM »
Considering wands can be recharged, this strikes me as a component with far more of a negative effect than a positive one.  (Oh no!  I put another Wand of Cloudkill in my inventory and now I only have one!)                    

Brannin Vael

Ease of use mod
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2003, 11:23:55 AM »
I am not sure that I understand what you mean Kish. Stacking wands with like charges would not reduce your number of wands at all. It already happens in the Bag of Holding. Where "like" charged items are stacked. This would simply be a convenience issue for the inventory screen. Also it would really help out before obtaining the BoH.

For example, the number of wands stacked could be displayed in the lower half and charges in the upper half. Ten fully charged wands of Lightning with 100 charges each would then not take up ten slots. Now they would take up only 1 slot with 100 showing in the upper half and 10 showing in the lower half, etc.

Ahhh...it just occured to me that you might have thought I meant a merging effect rather than a stacking one. No, I agree with you that would be quite detrimental  :o .  :)                    

evildevil

Ease of use mod
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2003, 02:44:24 PM »
I think Crom or Cesp should be able to combine like wands charges for a small fee...                    

Kish

Ease of use mod
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2003, 04:20:40 PM »
Ahhh...it just occured to me that you might have thought I meant a merging effect rather than a stacking one. No, I agree with you that would be quite detrimental  :o .  :)
                   Ah, yes, that was what I thought.  Someone proposed it a while ago.  Sorry about the misunderstanding.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: