Author Topic: Imp Abazigal won't die  (Read 2023 times)

Daniel

Imp Abazigal won't die
« on: January 06, 2003, 06:07:03 AM »
Ok, so first of all I take out all the wyverns and salamanders, and the other dragon. Then kick abazigal's ass so he turns into a dragon. I havent lost a party member and theyre all pretty much full health, so I HAMMER abazigal with 3 imp hasted fighters (PC lvl 30 bezerker, sola, and valygar with cf +5) they all have 10 or close to 10 attacks per round. Pretty soon he's near death, i hit him for a while and he wont die, then he buffets me away, i keep shooting him with my arrows and sling, so he doesnt get a chance to heal himself, then come back, beat him some more, he's still near death. I did this for a long time before finally giving up. EXTREMELY frustrating since it was such a good battle.
I have the following mods installed, all latest releases
Solaufien
Tactics
Tashia
Ease of Use
Valen
Ascension
Flirt Pack
Item Upgrade

Offline Quitch

• Perfection
  • Planewalker
  • Making the world a better place for evil
Imp Abazigal won't die
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 06:33:12 AM »
This is an issue with the Infinity Engine itself and the way it executes scripts.  Abazigal is wearing a ring which prevents him from dying until he's turned into a dragon, or spoken his dying words (I forget which), however if he is taking too much damage, his script isn't executing, the ring isn't destroyed, and he lives forever.

The only thing to do is reload.  Trolls suffered the same problem.                    
Past: Ascension
Present: Return to Windspear
Future: Imoen Relationship
"Perfection has no deadline"

Daniel

Imp Abazigal won't die
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 08:36:39 PM »
Yeah, I tried it again and he went down without a problem second time. I've had the invincible trolls a couple of times as well.                    

Brannin Vael

Imp Abazigal won't die
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2003, 11:28:40 PM »
This happened to me before also. I agree, it is VERY frustrating. Especially when you have a battle that goes so well. I never did try "cntrl Y", but if it happens next time then I'll use it...                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: