Author Topic: Disloyal! I name thee!  (Read 16196 times)

Kiki

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2003, 12:00:21 AM »
Going for the NC-17 rating, are you?                    

Sphira

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2003, 12:03:17 AM »
Go Tsuru-sama!  B)                    

Tsuru

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2003, 12:15:35 AM »
*attempts an innocent look*

Blast those horns, they just insist on knocking off the halo!  :lol:                    

L_Jonté

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2003, 11:49:02 AM »
A bored trollopy wanton is a dangerous trollopy wanton  :P
Yes, some go to other boards and ummm... suggest stuff. *flees from Lisa-sama's wraith* :D
Disloyal hearts of broken oath
Repentant now come hither
And to thy liege renew thy troth
Or 'neath his gaze all wither.

B)                    

Kiki

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2003, 11:53:04 AM »
Bah.

Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, just as the wind blows out a candle and fans a fire.
(variously attributed to François de La Rouchefoucauld or Rainier Maria Rilke)                    

Tsuru

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2003, 02:48:23 PM »
Is it me or is she *really* trying to make us feel guilty here? :P                    

Kiki

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2003, 03:18:19 PM »
No, she's just procrastinating about her real work. (I speak from experience.)                    

Tsuru

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2003, 03:22:36 PM »
                   Oh how well I know that feeling. Four and a half hours to go.. ;)                    

L_Jonté

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2003, 05:48:46 PM »
                   Hey!  I resemble that remark.   :P                    

Kiki

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2003, 06:10:58 PM »
We put the "pro" in procrastinator. :)                    

Sphira

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2003, 12:11:50 AM »
Well.. on the subject of disloyalness... I don't read as many books so I feel a bit left out. Thus all the really odd posts from me. :3                    

Tsuru

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2003, 02:15:45 AM »
(Looks at stacks of books waiting to be read. Looks at umpteen pieces of dialogue yet to be written. Considers whether dishes really need to be washed at any point soon. And umpteen other household chores waiting to be done.)

Decisions, decisions. What's a wanton to do? Obviously the writing is the most important... isn't it? :P                    

L_Jonté

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2003, 08:27:09 AM »
So... where the hell is Wes?  How long can one vacation last?

C'mon Wes!  We're bored!  We're gnawing the furniture here!                    

Kiki

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2003, 10:55:53 AM »
I think we did OK the first couple of weeks by ourselves; why is it slowing down now?

(Although I do also wonder about the length of vacations that grad students get. Maybe I should become one.)                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2003, 11:12:34 AM »
Wes has actually been back for days, but he heard my Cespenar clips and ran screaming for the hills once more.                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Tsuru

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2003, 02:34:31 PM »
I think we did OK the first couple of weeks by ourselves; why is it slowing down now?
                   We can't possibly have said all there is to say, can we have?                    

Kiki

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2003, 04:40:40 PM »
Certainly not. I don't see how Wes's online presence or absence affects the development of Sola fan fluff, written or drawn. *nudges Lisa*

Yeah, yeah, deadlines, trade shows ... whatever. Take your destiny into your own hands. Only *you* can prevent board boredom.  :P

Wes has actually been back for days, but he heard my Cespenar clips and ran screaming for the hills once more.
That would certainly explain some things.                    

[!--EDIT|Kiki|Jan 9 2003, 04:41 PM--]

Tsuru

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2003, 04:47:08 PM »
(waits for Lisa to read the above and go kaboom)

L_Jonté

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2003, 09:42:24 PM »
KABOOM!

B)

And Jason, stop scaring Wes!                    

[!--EDIT|L_Jonté|Jan 10 2003, 05:42 AM--]

Tsuru

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2003, 10:02:45 PM »
See, what did I say? :D

And it's *our* job to scare Wes ;)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2003, 12:59:40 PM »
So... where the hell is Wes?  How long can one vacation last?

Not long enough, apparently. I would bore you all with a description of my vacation (skiing in west virginia, calvin-and-hobbes-style snow forts, caroling parties, surprise birthday partise), but instead I'll skip directly to my primary duty: entertaining board members.

C'mon Wes!  We're bored!  We're gnawing the furniture here!

How shall I keep thee motivated? Let me count the ways.

Has anyone here seen Monsoon Wedding? I had a chance to see it over the winter break and was quite enthralled ... and despite the fact that six kinds of love (or whatnot) are showcased, none of them are really like Solaufein (or even our-man-Kelsey). The closest in temperment seems to be the "I have my own life, but I will give you bonus points for not lying to me" main romance.

Anyway, somewhere around here I should start writing that "committment" dialogue for Solaufein that is hinted at after the end of the "change and indentity" one. Feel like helping me out by suggesting key concepts or passages?

On a similar note, many have been clamoring for a Master Wraith dialogue with Solaufien. Somehow I just can't draw myself to become interested in it ... but if someone out there has some ideas (Phaere, presumably) it might help kick-start me.

When is that mysterious convention, Lisa? Perhaps we should try to bring Kish along as well -- we could all go OUT TO LUNCH, as Jason suggests.

I had a chance to read The Boy Next Door over the break. A recommendation from someone here, IIRC. I thought it was a great book but somewhat mischarecterized -- it wins the intentional unintentional humor award but isn't really a romance (IMHO). Any comments from the peanut gallery?                    

Kiki

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2003, 01:21:08 PM »
Not long enough, apparently. I would bore you all with a description of my vacation (skiing in west virginia,
Cross-country? I'm jealous. Here, either it's been cold with no precip or raining and 50 degrees.

"I have my own life, but I will give you bonus points for not lying to me" main romance.
Gee, that's a pretty high standard to live up to.

Anyway, somewhere around here I should start writing that "committment" dialogue for Solaufein that is hinted at after the end of the "change and indentity" one. Feel like helping me out by suggesting key concepts or passages?
For someone who just got back from vacation, you certainly are lazy. ;-)

but if someone out there has some ideas (Phaere, presumably) it might help kick-start me.
I don't want to hear a word about it, Tsuru.  [_[

I had a chance to read The Boy Next Door over the break.
That recommendation wasn't really aimed at you so I'm somewhat surprised that you liked it. Not an epic romance, just a funny fast read with a nice love story. Personally I think the target audience is the single twenty-something woman living in New York (who else would know what a Manolo Blahnik is?), which I briefly was once upon a time. The Chandler spoof cracked me up. "Don't worry about Paco, baby ... I shot him."

Did you read Possession? Angle of Repose? Crossing to Safety?                    

Tsuru

Disloyal! I name thee!
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2003, 01:57:33 PM »
but if someone out there has some ideas (Phaere, presumably) it might help kick-start me.
I don't want to hear a word about it, Tsuru.  <_<
                   We're working on it, Wes, I'm starting to estimate the Fourth of July now though :) *ducks from Kiki*                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: