Author Topic: Solaufein: Bellybutton of my Universe  (Read 14211 times)

L_Jonté

Solaufein: Bellybutton of my Universe
« on: January 02, 2003, 10:11:47 PM »
Allright people, the holidays are pretty much over.  Time to put the decorations away, clean the onion dip off the carpet and get back to posting about your favorite Drow and mine...

Driz...  er...  Solaufein!

So speak up!  What is it about Sola that just makes your heart go pitty-pat?  Is it his boyish good looks?  His rapier-like wit?  His ability to make a world-class  party out of nothing but a pack of cheese doodles and some stale beer?

Speak!

Renmauzo

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 10:21:01 PM »
His uber sword-- the powergamers delight!                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 10:28:59 PM »
So speak up!  What is it about Sola that just makes your heart go pitty-pat?  Is it his boyish good looks?  His rapier-like wit?  His ability to make a world-class  party out of nothing but a pack of cheese doodles and some stale beer?

Speak!
                   Yeah, I knew Solaufein was in trouble when Kiki started slumming in the Tashia room. :)                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

L_Jonté

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2003, 11:09:16 PM »
His uber sword-- the powergamers delight!

Yes, many of us find Sola's sword to be his most outstanding attribute.  B)

Yeah, I knew Solaufein was in trouble when Kiki started slumming in the Tashia room.

Tashia!?  Kiki noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!   :blink:                    

Tsuru

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2003, 11:11:10 PM »
Yikes.. I'm not sure I can post in public what it is about him. ;)

Kiki, get your behind back here, woman!

L_Jonté

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2003, 11:15:20 PM »
Too late.  Renmauzo already posted about his "sword."   :P                    

Tsuru

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2003, 11:17:27 PM »
Too late.  Renmauzo already posted about his "sword."   :P
                   Get thy mind to a cleansing stream, woman *snicker*                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2003, 11:21:14 PM »
Never!

Back to the subject at hand... *snort*

Solaufein is a snappy dresser.  No really!  It's not easy to find fabric that doesn't clash with that remarkable skintone/hair combo of his.                      

Tsuru

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2003, 11:25:17 PM »
Didn't think so, those things are only good for the body and .. other things anyways, not the mind ;)

But it's more fun undressing him, Lisa...  :P                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2003, 11:37:43 PM »
Hmmm...  Kiki had best make her appearance soon, otherwise all the good puns will be gone.                    

Tsuru

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2003, 11:39:15 PM »
Not to mention yelling at us for starting a party without her                    

Sphira

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2003, 11:40:00 PM »
Me lord! This is what’s happened in the past few days I’ve been gone!? :blink:
*sobs at the state of the cult of solaufien*
Anyhoo, back to the subject. What caught my interest when I read the read me file was fact he didn’t need to be babysat. The second intrest was the fact I had a choice for my PCs other than Anomen (I didn't know about Kelesy until I started going to this message forum).

What I really liked about him was the fact he was more interested on the state of his soul, not his personality vanity. Compared to the other NPCs, he didn’t want much from the ill suffering PC. He just wanted your character’s ear and your time. You didn’t have to suffer egotism, telling the ‘truth’, flattery, or get ‘abused’. The only thing that could chase him away (much the moaning of the non-appreciative romance types) is to flat out say ’Go away’.

That, and his sword.  [_[                    

[!--EDIT|Sphira|Jan 3 2003, 07:41 AM--]

Tsuru

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2003, 11:43:01 PM »
Me lord! This is what’s happened in the past few days I’ve been gone!? :blink:
*sobs at the state of the cult of solaufien*
                   There you are! Missed ya, sweetie :)

This is what happens when Wes leaves us to our own devices. That'll teach him to desert us ;)

L_Jonté

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2003, 11:48:48 PM »
Me lord! This is what’s happened in the past few days I’ve been gone!?

Days?  Naaaa... This is what's happened in the last hour or so.  I got fed up with the lack of Sola talk and decided it was time to stir the pot a little.  

B)                    

Tsuru

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2003, 11:56:54 PM »
A new drawing coulda stirred things up too ... *ducks*                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2003, 12:04:54 AM »
[img]http://hven.swarthmore.edu/~burns/images/argh.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image']
      ARGH!                    

Tsuru

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2003, 12:08:27 AM »
Now how did I know she'd do that? ;)

Hmmmm .. let's see... how about the lovely way he shuts up and kisses you when you tell him to? :D

Kiki

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2003, 12:32:59 AM »
Now what have I told you about having parties without me? As your punishment, I expect to see a new Sola lovetalk from each of you on my desk first thing in the morning.

And it wasn't slumming ... it was trying to provide help to someone who'd been ignored for several days by people more knowledgeable than myself, so I finally offered some advice that promptly got picked apart by a certain individual who ignored this poor poster's plight but didn't hesitate one nanosecond to get out the hairsplitter for me. Hmph! :)

(But I should thank Lisa for starting this topic and getting me back to my proper board.)

Now, on to the main course, delicious drow --

I like how Solaufein reminds me of Yul Brynner's character in The Magnificent Seven, one of the few westerns I like and the only one I love. (It would be tough choosing between his character and Steve McQueen's. If only I had such problems.) I like how he actually makes me feel guilty for how I play the game--I have a hard time with summoning certain creatures now. He must have picked up some tips from some Jewish mothers that I know ...                    

[!--EDIT|Kiki|Jan 3 2003, 12:44 AM--]

Tsuru

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2003, 12:39:32 AM »
Now what have I told you about having parties without me? As your punishment, I expect to see a new Sola lovetalk from each of you on my desk first thing in the morning.
                   Look under that pile of paper over there. Oh... you said *lovetalks*. ;)                    

Kiki

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2003, 12:45:53 AM »
Hey, I cleaned my desk before I left for Christmas--it's not *that* messy. Give me a few days to get it back to its usual state. You can leave the lovetalks on my chair, instead.                    

Kiki

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2003, 12:49:35 AM »
His ability to make a world-class  party out of nothing but a pack of cheese doodles and some stale beer?
                   And it's the way he squeezes the lime before he drops it into my gin and tonic. Gives me a little shiver every time.                    

Tsuru

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2003, 12:53:06 AM »
And it's the way he squeezes the lime before he drops it into my gin and tonic. Gives me a little shiver every time.
And of course we're not going to say *what* he squeezes it with...

Of course I'd rather have champagne and strawberries... now there's some interesting ways he pours that bubbly. Or I should say *where* it gets poured.                    

[!--EDIT|Tsuru|Jan 2 2003, 11:55 PM--]

Sphira

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2003, 12:58:51 AM »
                   Nooooo! I can't write romance!   :blink:

I like how he actually makes me feel guilty for how I play the game--I have a hard time with summoning certain creatures now.

:lol: You too? I'm a cheater so in BGI I created tons of Summon Monster III scrolls to use all the time. After that talk I stared to keep away from them. But I have no qualms about summoning devils/demons. They try to kill me!  [_[

Tsuru

Thanks! ^_^ Been spending time away from the compy for my own good. *nods*                    

Kiki

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2003, 01:06:06 AM »
And of course we're not going to say *what* he squeezes it with...
                   You'd like to know, wouldn't you?                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2003, 01:26:21 AM »
so I finally offered some advice that promptly got picked apart by a certain individual who ignored this poor poster's plight but didn't hesitate one nanosecond to get out the hairsplitter for me. Hmph! :)
                   Now, now. I wasn't arguing the advice, I was just clarifying what's really going on behind the scenes. Good for everyone to know.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: