Author Topic: Solaufein: Bellybutton of my Universe  (Read 14228 times)

Renmauzo

Solaufein: Bellybutton of my Universe
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2003, 02:48:45 AM »
Too late.  Renmauzo already posted about his "sword."   :P
You know, I almost prefaced my original statement with a (not that kind of sword, you sicko) but I figured this crowd was too high brow for that :)                    

[!--EDIT|Renmauzo|Jan 3 2003, 11:45 AM--]

Tsuru

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2003, 04:08:07 AM »
You know, I almost prefaced my original statement with a (not that kind of sword, you sicko) but I figured this crowd was too high brow for that :)
                   You forget who you're dealing with here, dear heart ;)                    

Renmauzo

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2003, 04:31:39 AM »
You forget who you're dealing with here, dear heart ;)
Ah yes... plebeians.  Do not touch me, for I am chaste.. :blink:                    

[!--EDIT|Renmauzo|Jan 3 2003, 12:34 PM--]

Tsuru

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2003, 04:34:20 AM »
I do believe I'll leave that one for Lisa and Kiki to deal with in the morning  :D                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2003, 10:50:30 AM »
Now what have I told you about having parties without me? As your punishment, I expect to see a new Sola lovetalk from each of you on my desk first thing in the morning.

Sorry baby.  After two weeks of Christmas vacation I doubt I could write a grocery list with any flair.  Must get back on track... Monday.  Mmmm...  More coffee...

But I should thank Lisa for starting this topic and getting me back to my proper board.

You're welcome.  And we shall look the other way with regard to your loitering on other boards.  This time.  

B)                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2003, 10:56:43 AM »
Ah yes... plebeians. Do not touch me, for I am chaste..

Chaste?  HERE!?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*ahem*

Kiki

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2003, 11:02:54 AM »
You're welcome.  And we shall look the other way with regard to your loitering on other boards.  This time.
If it hadn't been so eerily quiet over here, I never would have strayed. Although real slumming would have involved posting on The Fridge. I shall never sink to such depths.

Do not touch me, for I am chaste.
Not another snooty paladin, please. :)                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2003, 11:13:38 AM »
Careful now, not all Paladins are arrogant, delusional and fixated on their own supposed purity.

Some of us who run/write Paladins feel that it is completely possible to be rightous and randy.

B)                    

Kiki

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2003, 11:15:57 AM »
That's why the adjective "snooty" is in there--it wasn't intended as a redundancy. :) (Originally it was "paladin wanna-be" but then I reconsidered in deference to you.)                    

Hendryk

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2003, 12:24:39 PM »
Anyone else here a James Branch Cabell fan?  (Can't think why that particular fantasy author should come to mind so often on these Sola threads.)                    

Tsuru

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2003, 12:49:26 PM »
I thought we WW's were the only ones allowed to hijack threads here... ;)

Now where were we? *goes back to pondering the delicious drow*                    

Kiki

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2003, 12:50:19 PM »
An Amazon reader says:
Cabell was witty, erudite and scandalous...by far the finest, widely unknown fantasist ever produced in America. Only for those who relish dense language and wisdom that is inevitable.
Sounds like he could be a good one. I shall put him on my to-read list.                    

Kiki

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2003, 12:57:13 PM »
Ever since I noticed the similarity between Sola and Yul Brynner, I haven't been able to get the theme music from The Magnificent Seven out of my head. I'll have to Photoshop a picture of Yul Brynner for a new Solaufein portrait.

New topic: What would you like to talk to Solaufein about?                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2003, 01:01:01 PM »
That's why the adjective "snooty" is in there--it wasn't intended as a redundancy. :) (Originally it was "paladin wanna-be" but then I reconsidered in deference to you.)
                   Thankee kindly ma'am.   B)                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2003, 01:04:52 PM »
New topic: What would you like to talk to Solaufein about?

Literature most likely, of the prose variety.                    

Hendryk

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2003, 01:07:11 PM »
Tsuru, if you think I'm changing directions here, you've obviously never read the gentleman.

Kiki, I don't know who perpetrated that quote but it makes him sound more like Henry James Joyces or someone, rather than the William Powell-Myrna Loy byplay in the Thin Man.  Allowing for the difference in genres, the latter is much closer to his usual tone as for instance, a nobleman recounts of his father:  "He cared nothing for such fripperies as jeweled garter belts.  His mind was given entirely to higher things."

The context implies the question: "Indeed?  Higher by how much?"                    

[!--EDIT|Hendryk|Jan 3 2003, 09:08 PM--]

Kiki

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2003, 01:21:19 PM »
"He cared nothing for such fripperies as jeweled garter belts.  His mind was given entirely to higher things." ... "Indeed? Higher by how much?"
I snicker in your general direction.

I always get The Thin Man mixed up with The Third Man. Into the rental queue it goes.

Literature most likely, of the prose variety.
Any particular book?                    

Michel

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2003, 01:40:44 PM »
Me lord! This is what’s happened in the past few days I’ve been gone!?

Days?  Naaaa... This is what's happened in the last hour or so.  I got fed up with the lack of Sola talk and decided it was time to stir the pot a little.  

B)
Meh, you're no good. Hehe. Do what I did; Call Solaufein a wuss and a bard.
 His ego is as big as his sword. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That'll stir the fangirls and fan..erm there are no fanboys. :blink:                    

[!--EDIT|Michel|Jan 3 2003, 11:41 PM--]

Tsuru

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2003, 01:46:10 PM »
C'mere, Michel, dear...                    

Michel

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2003, 01:48:13 PM »
C'mere, Michel, dear...
                   See? :lol:

Kish

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2003, 02:28:44 PM »
But I have no qualms about summoning devils/demons. They try to kill me!
                   If you yanked me out of bed, into another world, and threw me at a lich, I'd probably try to kill you too.                    

Sphira

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2003, 02:44:16 PM »
That'll stir the fangirls and fan..erm there are no fanboys. :blink:
Only Kish happens to make me cranky. :D  But I do mean that in a good Kish-sama! *offers a peace cookie*
If you yanked me out of bed, into another world, and threw me at a lich, I'd probably try to kill you too.

Point.                      

Tsuru

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2003, 04:03:01 PM »
What to talk about with Sola... music would be nice. Or prose as Lisa said. And I'd really like to know why he became different from the other Drow. What happened to change him? I may have missed something, but I don't think I did.                    

Sphira

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2003, 04:51:35 PM »
What to talk about with Sola... music would be nice. Or prose as Lisa said. And I'd really like to know why he became different from the other Drow. What happened to change him? I may have missed something, but I don't think I did.
                   I semi-hinted at the idea Phaere might of been a major cause in the easily forgotten history based post nookie chat I wrote. It was supposed to be pre-nookie but I think when I sent it to Wes-sama I said it was 'post-nookie' so the dialouge is now post nookie. He made it fit that area well. :) But I had written it slightly impersonal compared to what Wes changed it to. And he said he can't do romantic stuff. ^_^                    

Tsuru

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2003, 04:58:52 PM »
I semi-hinted at the idea Phaere might of been a major cause in the easily forgotten history based post nookie chat I wrote. It was supposed to be pre-nookie but I think when I sent it to Wes-sama I said it was 'post-nookie' so the dialouge is now post nookie. He made it fit that area well. :) But I had written it slightly impersonal compared to what Wes changed it to. And he said he can't do romantic stuff. ^_^
                   I've been so busy writing and learning Weidu that I haven't played much lately (Ok, so I played the new Kelsey). So I haven't really seen all that many of the new dialgoues yet.

Phaere is probably part of the reason, but I bet there's more. And I bet this thread is gonna turn into a dialogue writing one..LOL!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: