Author Topic: IWD2 Level 50ish characters  (Read 2550 times)

esabulao

IWD2 Level 50ish characters
« on: December 16, 2002, 06:47:47 AM »
I'm not exactly sure that this belongs here but I've seen people here take a look at some problems. So here goes:

Order of Installation:
IWD2
Patch 2.01 - with Animate Undead fix removed
Bonus Merchant
Bottomless Ammo Belts and Bags of Holding
Ease of Use v8
Feats and Skills Mod (from www.sorcerers.net)

Feats and Skills Mod: gives all classes at least 4 skill pts before any modifiers and 2 feats per level. It's a matter of preference but I don't see much difference. I still have a hard time in melee with monsters in HoF and usually have around 1-3 Apocalyptic Boneguards and Festering Drowned Dead around killing every hostile creature. I don't see any differences in spells as to whether they are resisted less and so on. Enough with the justification.

I'm now at the Black Raven monastery, 1st chamber. I sent my monk in. After getting the first lever right, I quicksaved. Now for some reason, all my other characters have just leveled up by leaps and bounds. I usually level squat by 1 lvl (e.g. Exp enough for lvl 2, I lvl up just before I reach lvl 3) but this is ridiculous. My pal 8/ ftr 14 just became a pal 20/ ftr 26. All the others went up the same manner. All their stats went up into the 20s. The ones which have been modified already went up into the 30s. My monk remains normal. Quitting and then reloading does not help.

I got out of the chamber and try to level those 5 characters up. There were some weird changes, sometimes even levels of classes previously taken could be changed. My rogue 13/ ftr 4/ ranger 5 sometimes changed into a rogue 5/ ftr 17/ ranger 17 on the class leveling screen. My pal 1 / bard 1/ wizard 19 gor 236 rogue levels, resulting in getting Evasion and all the Uncanny Dodge abilities. There was no skill point, ability point and feat selection screen again. For those characters whom I tried to give sorcerer and bard levels, they got their spell slots but none of the spell selections. I gave my pal/bard/wiz wizard levels but no new spell slots came. All my characters with paladin levels (pal/ftr, pal/bard/wiz, pal/clr, got enhanced in terms of their paladin spell levels, allowing them to cast up to lvl 4 spells at that point, even without choosing the paladin class for leveling up.

After leveling everybody up, I went upstairs to memorize and rest. All new memorized spells were there. Everybody but the monk now had Godhood as their next level. They had at least 880 HP, at most 1230 HP. Their BABs were in the 40's and 50's, one reached 71. However, their EXP levels were at most ~300000, which is not enough for lvl 30.

Needless to say, it's kind of a double-edged blade. I like seeing my characters like that, such super high HP and BAB, spells and levels. I wouldn't need to rely on summons much more. However, I want to find out about this and it obviously ruins the game. I can't contact the designer of the Feats and Skills Mod since there was no contact information in his Readme. I would really like to ask help from people on this board. If anybody is interested, please say so. I can email the saved game along with screenshots if need be. It's a good thing that I have a undamaged saved game (same mods) just before taking on the 8 chambers.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: