Author Topic: Improved Kitthix  (Read 13644 times)

Eocine

Improved Kitthix
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2002, 04:10:06 PM »
which ones are more powerful, the Cleric or Mage version of the Solar/Planetar/Deva?                    

Userunfriendly

Improved Kitthix
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2002, 04:51:52 PM »
"But Kuro has SI: abjuration right? That's what makes it either a fight of endurance (wait the SI out) or power (ruby ray contigencies or stuff like that) or luck (remove magic/dispel magic)."

kuro does indeed have si abby...but breach is not stopped by anything except invalid target, (impr invisibility), and spell shield...

in fact, the latest undead sola, wes added with fiendish cunning aforethought, spell shield to sola...hahhahahhh.....

si abby will stop khelbens, pierce magic, pierce shield, secret word and other useless spells...it will however stop remove magic....thats the whole secret of my kuro tactic...taking advantage of the ai not recasting prot from energy and using unmagical bolts to deliever elemental damage thru his stoneskin and prot from magic weapons...

the more wes comes up with fiendish tricks, i cheese my way out..hhhahahahhahhah...i love tactics mod, especially smarter mages...

avatar, planetars have silver sword, vorpal +3 weapon,,,,,,,

eocine, devas have mace of disruption and planetars have silver sword, so devas are better fighting undead and planetars for everything else...both dispell with hit, and the general opinion is devas are slightly better combat wise....

Assassin

Improved Kitthix
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2002, 04:34:42 PM »
avatar, planetars have silver sword, vorpal +3 weapon,,,,,,,

eocine, devas have mace of disruption and planetars have silver sword, so devas are better fighting undead and planetars for everything else...both dispell with hit, and the general opinion is devas are slightly better combat wise....
                   Um, the reason why the Planetar has a 'Mace' design instead of a sword is because the Planetar is a Cleric.  Yet, it has 3 attacks, and is permanently Hasted, making it 4 attacks, which is why it is also a darn good fighter.  The Planetar has a Mace that does the same thing as the Vorpal Sword.  In fact, besides the design, in case you CTRL-Q it, you'll see it shows up as 'Silver Sword'.

Devas are better?  Devas, IIRC, get 2 attacks per round.  Planetars get 4, because they're Hasted.  Planetars also, at least for me, hit more often.  Planetars have better movement speed because they're Hasted, and they have a better selection of spells.  Please tell me how Devas are better -_-;;  Also, Planetars are a level 25, or such Cleric, with the Turn Undead ability.  Pretty much just as good as the Mace of Disruption.  Now, if only I could just stop that darn Planetar from attacking stuff and focusing on Turning Undead :(                    

Kish

Improved Kitthix
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2002, 07:02:01 PM »
Yes.  The "general opinion" that devas are better combat wise has somehow completely eluded me.  Planetars are stronger across the board.                    

Userunfriendly

Improved Kitthix
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2002, 12:27:39 AM »
i peersonally use planetars all the time, i was quoting someone on the banshee boards....i never use devas, myself, and thus have no opinion...

one thing you can do with devas is chain contingency them....

if you have a cleric mage...                    

Assassin

Improved Kitthix
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2002, 08:58:47 AM »
According to this site: http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm , you can also cast triple PRoject Images in a Chain Contingency.  Can you say cheese? :)

SixOfSpades

Improved Kitthix
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2002, 05:11:21 PM »
SixOfSpades here, quietly lurking.......

Weimer said:
] IK should be weaker than a Planetar but stronger than average SoA
] summons. Comparisons: planetar, mordy, wand of summoning with 5
] charges, skeleton warrior, etc.
     It's all about TIME. The summons you just mentioned were not only absolutely top-notch allies, but all require a LOT of time invested in order to reaach a required level (except for the Wand of Summoning, which is only easy to getdue to the fact that shoplifting is so damn easy in SoA.)
Improved Kitthix, on the other hand, can be easily won by ANY character who's saved a Potion of Invisibility, Potion of Explosions (or whatever) and an Antidote. After that, it's just a quick round of shopping to get some dirt-cheap components, and BAM, your solo character has a summon (who has been described as being only a little less powerful than a Planetar) the day after escaping Jon's Dungeon.

] In three out of three situations, IK was *less useful* than a wand of
] cloudkill and two castings of Web. WoC and Web are both available in
] the promenade right after the Irenicus Dungeon.
     Web requires a Wizard (or Bard), and the Wand requires a Thief (or Bard). Kitthix, however, can be used by anyone except Wizard Slayers. The only other worthy Fighter-summons are from Vhailor's Helm, the Bottle of Djinni Summoning, and the Wyvern Call from the Book of Infinite Spells.

] Can anyone who things IK is the bomb describe some *actual situation*
] in which he saves the world?
     Given the fact that any player who thinks IK is overpowered will NOT use IK, and therefore won't send in battle reports, expect that the submissions sent in will be leaning toward the "IK is perfectly balanced" side.

Just from looking at IK's description, I'd say that A) The original Kitthix was decent (for me, anyway) already, and B) IK has too many enhancements, all at the same time. Perhaps you might break it into TWO upgrades, so so can't get things like the Mirror Image, Physical Resistances, etc., until Chapter 6.

Having a Holy Symbol of Lolth be a required component for an upgrade would seem like a good idea at first glance, but given the probability that you just slaughtered the entire population of a Drow city, the odds of winning Lolth's favor would be pretty slim. Perhaps one could design a different type of Spider-summoning item (to be the new component), probably carried by the Slave Master who supervises the Spider Pits on the east side of Ust Natha.                    

foogla

Improved Kitthix
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2002, 06:07:33 PM »
Or one of the drows could upgrade kitthix or give an item like it, not cromwell. Maybe make the duelmaster in the inn actually offer to fight charname and after that offer to give IK or something like that? I sense some potenial for a new Kuro-like encounter. ;)

Userunfriendly

Improved Kitthix
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2002, 09:20:58 PM »
"you can also cast triple PRoject Images in a Chain Contingency. Can you say cheese?"

for items, like one shot items like the rift device each clone in a project image chain contingency super cheese, it works fine, each clone has a rift device that will work and you thus get 4 shots...

but according to people who have used this, each clone taps into the same "pool" of spells, so if you cast cloudkill, and your original has 3 cloudkills memorized, each clone can only cast two more cloudkills...

in actuality, in true combat, super cheesing multigeneration image casts simmy super cheese seems to work better, due to some very exploitable mathmatical issues...

for example, a simmy casting a image, and the image casting a simmy...the simmy, due to the math involved, will be of much higher level than the original simmy.....

check here...
http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm                    

Kish

Improved Kitthix
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2002, 09:23:34 PM »
but according to people who have used this, each clone taps into the same "pool" of spells, so if you cast cloudkill, and your original has 3 cloudkills memorized, each clone can only cast two more cloudkills...
                   No.

At least, not in my games.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: