Author Topic: MAJOR spoilers, edwin spoilers...wtf....  (Read 2159 times)

Userunfriendly

MAJOR spoilers, edwin spoilers...wtf....
« on: December 08, 2002, 02:35:09 AM »
ok, got the second edwin dialog, and he got dimention door ability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the f**k!!!!

this was not in the faq, ok, i know if you got minsc and jan, and force dialog, you can get boo2, and now i found out edwin can get d door, which for a mage is pretty nifty, especially with staff of magi cheese....

so do any other npcs get special stuff?????

pls tell me, i might even take cernd along next time,  NNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!  no frigging way, him or veggy....vaygar, i mean....                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 02:45:14 AM »
this was not in the faq,
                   I try not to spoil *everything*. Boo2 is only in the FAQ because she's hard to control.

so do any other npcs get special stuff?????

No, not really. Actually, I caught a minor amount of flak for Boo2 and the Edwin spell swap when the banter first came out. Fortunately, my jacket absorbed it. I was never a big believer in the "just because BG2 never featured spell sharing, you shouldn't either" line of reasonign. :-)

Userunfriendly

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 06:16:27 AM »
i love it!!!!

oh the fun things you can do with d door....

urm...forgot to test if inv via staff of magi remains after a d door jump..hehhehehhehe.....

thanks wes!! :D  :lol:  ;)  :P  B)                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2002, 10:00:58 AM »
I was never a big believer in the "just because BG2 never featured spell sharing, you shouldn't either" line of reasonign. :-)
                   Also known as the "if it tweaks Compton, I'm probably on the right track" principle. :)                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Kish

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2002, 03:40:01 PM »
Of course, there is the little details of making Edwin more powerful being an act of criminal irresponsibility...but hey, CharName has much more to feel guilty about there than Solaufein does.   :rolleyes:                    

[!--EDIT|Kish|Dec 8 2002, 11:40 PM--]

foogla

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2002, 08:02:49 AM »
Personally I think the idea is great, I wonder why no other mages are able to swap spells with Solo (*hrm* *cough* CharName? :D ).

As for being a criminal for making Edwin more powerful: Edwin doesn't do a single crime while with CharName (I think), for all I know he he could be chaotic neutral (and a little condescending, selfish and angry heh).

Kish

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2002, 01:33:36 PM »
You mean other than when he introduces himself to CharName in BG1 by offering to pay him to murder an innocent?  Or when he attacks Keldorn, Valygar, and Minsc?  Or the crimes CharName must commit to keep him around?  Or when he attacks poor Nevaziah?  Or when he thanks the man who turns him back into himself by attacking him?  Or his constant encouragement to deal with everything the most evil possible way?  Or when "he" casts a Magic Missile at innocent Salvanas for no good reason?

Yes, I see what you mean.  Edwin might be Chaotic Neutral, if he wasn't so thoroughly and disgustingly evil.                    

foogla

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2002, 09:27:28 PM »
Actually I haven't played that much to encounter all these situations, the only "evil" acts I saw were when you first encounter him in the thieves guild. Since I consider the Cowled Wizards evil too I chalked the proposed murder up to his chaotic side.

Also I haven't seen him choose the "most evil" solutions to a problem.

But I guess you are right, if he does do all that he is evil.

Guess I am a PS:T kinda man, heh.

[!--EDIT|foogla|Dec 10 2002, 05:28 AM--]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: