Author Topic: Muahaha!  (Read 65410 times)

Catalyst

Muahaha!
« Reply #400 on: January 17, 2003, 12:45:32 PM »
As for the driving, well, the most frightening drivers I've seen were Californian tourists. Weather, place time, NOTHING keeps these people from endangering everyone on the sidewalk!
Hey, here in the San Francisco Bay Area some of our freeways have 5 lanes, and they're still not enough to keep things flowing nicely...you send us to places with non-California (read: non-sunny) weather, take 3-4 of those lanes away from us...

What are we supposed to do??                    

Kismet

Muahaha!
« Reply #401 on: January 17, 2003, 12:47:58 PM »
No way. Boston streets evolved from cowpaths, and it's all been downhill from there. Plus the drivers (and parkers) are insane. The last time I visited my parents at Christmas, I went into Boston for some last minute shopping and found people parked on the off ramp near Govt Center.
Oh, well the Boston streets themselves certainly win the random weirdness award.  I just meant that I'd never thought to see a city with street and highway signs that were more vague (or just more absent).
Did you go to a restaurant in Pacific Grove named the Fishwife, Kismet? That is the best seafood restaurant on the planet, bar none. I meet people in the most random places who have eaten there.

As for the Fishwife, I belive we talked about going there but decided against it in the end.                    

Muahaha!
« Reply #402 on: January 17, 2003, 01:30:31 PM »
*smiles sweetly* Not my fault your from California, Jonte. How you can live there is beyond me. I spent Independence day weekend in Redding, and it was the nastiest, hottest, and overall most miserable experience in any state I've ever been. Even the heat of Las Vegas didn't hold a candle to it.                    

L_Jonté

Muahaha!
« Reply #403 on: January 17, 2003, 04:00:45 PM »
*smiles sweetly* Not my fault your from California, Jonte. How you can live there is beyond me. I spent Independence day weekend in Redding, and it was the nastiest, hottest, and overall most miserable experience in any state I've ever been. Even the heat of Las Vegas didn't hold a candle to it.
I live her because I love it here.  I spent three hellish years in Georgia and could not get home fast enough.  

And for your information, nobody lives in Redding.  Bleh!                    

Muahaha!
« Reply #404 on: January 18, 2003, 03:33:17 AM »
Hellish is synonimous with Las Vegas. 5 years spent hoping that my shirt was the right color for this block, that the bench I was about to sit on hadn't been vomited upon by transients too recently, and that there was air conditioning somewhere within the next block or so. The only redeeming factor was the bus system. Nothing beats public transit as a place to freak people out by talking to spoons and shouting invectives at the monkey in your backpack. Try it, it's fun :)                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Muahaha!
« Reply #405 on: January 20, 2003, 10:25:19 AM »
OK, I should have known this would be taken the worst possible way.
                   Not at all, it's all in good fun here.

I regret any other inadvertent conclusions that might be drawn from my off-the-cuff comment.

If I were a WW I wouldn't be getting this kind of bowing and scraping. :-) Seriously now, friendly banter is rarely misconstrued.

I will buy you lunch the next time I'm in the Bay Area

Trust me, if you ever show up I'll be sure to TAKE YOU OUT TO LUNCH.

and will allow you to charm me in person.

It seems more likely that our roles would be reversed -- I seem to have lost all inklings of being suave and debonair when I became a grad student.

Jonte, when's that convention? I want to mark it on my calendar to make sure that I don't accidentally schedule something else that day.                    

L_Jonté

Muahaha!
« Reply #406 on: January 20, 2003, 11:06:39 AM »
Jonte, when's that convention? I want to mark it on my calendar to make sure that I don't accidentally schedule something else that day.

February 1st and 2nd, at the Concourse Exhibition Center in SF.                    

Kiki

Muahaha!
« Reply #407 on: January 20, 2003, 03:38:42 PM »
If I were a WW I wouldn't be getting this kind of bowing and scraping. :-) Seriously now, friendly banter is rarely misconstrued.
That's good. :) I tend to over-apologize rather than under-apologize; note how I even apologized to Jason in this very thread. :) Better to be unnecessarily sorry than not sorry enough. Plus I was having a stinker of a day at work, so I just assumed the worst.

Trust me, if you ever show up I'll be sure to TAKE YOU OUT TO LUNCH.
That sort of sounds like a threat rather than a promise ...

It seems more likely that our roles would be reversed -- I seem to have lost all inklings of being suave and debonair when I became a grad student.
I will try to not sweep you off your feet.

Has anyone read War for the Oaks by Emma Bull? The phouka sort of reminds me of Solaufein.                    

[!--EDIT|Kiki|Jan 20 2003, 03:43 PM--]

Tsuru

Muahaha!
« Reply #408 on: January 20, 2003, 03:50:54 PM »
Okay, now that I've stopped laughing... biologically impossible. We're considering a WW-auxiliary though   :lol:                    

Kiki

Muahaha!
« Reply #409 on: January 20, 2003, 03:57:44 PM »
You mean, it's biologically impossible for him to be a WW? He's not saying that he is one, he's using the subjunctive so he knows that he isn't one.                    

Tsuru

Muahaha!
« Reply #410 on: January 20, 2003, 04:01:31 PM »
You mean, it's biologically impossible for him to be a WW? He's not saying that he is one, he's using the subjunctive so he knows that he isn't one.
                   Now who's being too serious? :P Bah, I'm going back to work.                    

Offline discharger12

• Truth?
  • Planewalker
  • k
Re: Muahaha!
« Reply #411 on: June 11, 2004, 09:45:10 PM »
Hey.. what's with the link in the first post? I mean.. hmm.. it must have used to work, because it made 17 pages of post!

Offline Awake

• Enigma
  • Planewalker
  • The Raven
    • Black Wyrm Lair Forums
« Reply #412 on: October 17, 2004, 09:44:34 PM »
hey, will someone answer the quesion? it's bothering the heck out of me

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #413 on: October 17, 2004, 09:51:57 PM »
I believe the link was actually to some L. Jonte art that JC later reposted here.
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: