Author Topic: Muahaha!  (Read 65423 times)

Kiki

Muahaha!
« Reply #375 on: January 16, 2003, 02:45:15 PM »
No. I fear that instead, Wes will TAKE YOU OUT TO LUNCH.
                   Is this another WWF reference?                    

Muahaha!
« Reply #376 on: January 16, 2003, 02:51:10 PM »
Heh, Dworkin was a raving nutter in the earlier books, I never finished the series much to my shame, but there were so many other I wanted to read at the time...Just re-read the Coldfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman, and I still think they are some of the best written sci-fan books I've ever read. I know it's a good book when I start wondering about the characters and the place while I'm working. Re-reading the Song of Fire and Ice again in anticipation of the 4th book. Also picked up Michael Crichton's Eaters of the Dead out of curiousity. The 13th Warrior is one of the best movies I've ever seen, and the fact that the book isn't so much a work of fiction as a re-translation of the fragments of the journal of Achmed ibn Fadlan is fascinating. Also read the first book in Weiss and Hickmans Dragon Disciples series. It promises to be a good read. I've always had a certain fondness for contemporary fantasy involving dragons. The book is called Dark Heart I think (it's been awhile) and quite interesting. In the magazine rack next to my chair are Elmister: the Making of a Mage, and Salvatore's latest, Transcendence, book 2 in the Second Demonwars Saga. Well, that's my book propaganda for the day, I'm gonna finish A Game of Thrones now,

Hasta                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Muahaha!
« Reply #377 on: January 16, 2003, 02:52:33 PM »
Not deliberately/originally, but if you imagine it delivered in that manner you get the idea.

"TAKE YOU OUT TO LUNCH" is how we threaten one another on the IE modding scene. At least, so I learned when I was the inaugural recipient of the threat.                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

L_Jonté

Muahaha!
« Reply #378 on: January 16, 2003, 03:08:15 PM »
Witness the Brothers Grimm in the original on that one *shudder* And that just put lovely images in my mind to start the day :)
Nothing the Brothers Grimm did was original.                    

Tsuru

Muahaha!
« Reply #379 on: January 16, 2003, 03:14:36 PM »
Nothing the Brothers Grimm did was original.
                   I meant original as in the unsantized version of those fairy tales :P                    

Kismet

Muahaha!
« Reply #380 on: January 16, 2003, 03:18:01 PM »
Not deliberately/originally, but if you imagine it delivered in that manner you get the idea.

"TAKE YOU OUT TO LUNCH" is how we threaten one another on the IE modding scene. At least, so I learned when I was the inaugural recipient of the threat.
How did that get to be a threat?  Did it use to end with "AND STIFF YOU WITH THE BILL!"?  Or do all IE modders have really gross eating habits, chew with your mouth open, etc. ?                    

[!--EDIT|Kismet|Jan 16 2003, 04:21 PM--]

Kish

Muahaha!
« Reply #381 on: January 16, 2003, 03:21:41 PM »
...while I was always personally partial to the disciplines of Dominate and Thaumaturgy...
                   ACK!  Tremere!  Gah!                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Muahaha!
« Reply #382 on: January 16, 2003, 03:53:58 PM »
How did that get to be a threat?  Did it use to end with "AND STIFF YOU WITH THE BILL!"?  Or do all IE modders have really gross eating habits, chew with your mouth open, etc. ?
Well, it wouldn't surprise me.

Trust me, it was a threat. He threatened to expose the "truth" about my "tool." Offered "private lessons." There was even mention of doing all of this "pubically."

No sane person could NOT feel threatened by such things. When one is invited to lunch under such circumstances.

[!--EDIT|jcompton|Jan 16 2003, 05:54 PM--]
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Kismet

Muahaha!
« Reply #383 on: January 16, 2003, 04:01:29 PM »
There was even mention of doing all of this "pubically."

"pubically"...was that deliberate or a freudian slip?                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Muahaha!
« Reply #384 on: January 16, 2003, 04:09:32 PM »
I don't know, Kismet.

I just don't know.

Catalyst

Muahaha!
« Reply #385 on: January 16, 2003, 04:43:43 PM »
And so the crazy tale of this thread...

Full of laughter, tears, and sarcasm, reaching the heights of exegetical literary discussion and plunging to the dark forbidden depths of Solaufein's sexual endeavours, all started so long ago because of JC...

...is now disturbed to stillness once again, by JC.

(And today I learned Jason lives in San Francisco, or at least has fans there. W00t!)                    

Kismet

Muahaha!
« Reply #386 on: January 16, 2003, 04:47:01 PM »
Wow.  No wonder lunch suddenly became a threatening thing. :)                    

Tsuru

Muahaha!
« Reply #387 on: January 16, 2003, 04:47:50 PM »
No, they just take a breather once in a while as we regroup :P                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Muahaha!
« Reply #388 on: January 16, 2003, 05:27:51 PM »
...is now disturbed to stillness once again, by JC.

I seem to have a chilling effect on topics, yeah.

(And today I learned Jason lives in San Francisco, or at least has fans there. W00t!)

Just outside Chicago, actually. But who are these fans? :)

Kish

Muahaha!
« Reply #389 on: January 16, 2003, 05:31:41 PM »
If he lived in San Francisco, he would long since have TAKEN WES AND ME TO LUNCH.                    

L_Jonté

Muahaha!
« Reply #390 on: January 16, 2003, 05:42:28 PM »
If he lived in San Francisco, he would long since have TAKEN WES AND ME TO LUNCH.
Me too.  No doubt he would also have STIFFED ME WITH THE BILL!  And all in pubLic.                    

Catalyst

Muahaha!
« Reply #391 on: January 16, 2003, 05:44:31 PM »
Just outside Chicago, actually. But who are these fans? :)
I don't know, Jason.

I just don't know.

(Chicago, eh? I was driven through the city once on a business trip, and it was the single most terrifying driving experience of my life...two cabs hurtling the wrong way down one-way streets towards our car! Frankly, I'd rather be asked to lunch by someone with vague disturbing sexual innuendos, than drive in Chicago).                    

L_Jonté

Muahaha!
« Reply #392 on: January 16, 2003, 05:48:01 PM »
Frankly, I'd rather be asked to lunch by someone with vague disturbing sexual innuendos, than drive in Chicago).
                   Hell!  Who wouldn't?                      

Kiki

Muahaha!
« Reply #393 on: January 17, 2003, 12:17:24 AM »
Trust me, it was a threat. He threatened to expose the "truth" about my "tool." Offered "private lessons." There was even mention of doing all of this "pubically."
Dear God.

Having gotten roped into a mere cup of coffee with a memorably creepy guy named Barry once, who threatened to become stalker material, I have to say that I would rather drive anywhere, in any city, than go to lunch with anyone who might even possibly be creepy. Yech. One of his major selling points (in his eyes) was that he'd worked on Democratic presidential campaigns since McGovern. I was scarcely even born when McGovern was running, for crying out loud. Though I wouldn't have minded that if he hadn't been creepy in other ways--calling relentlessly (I was young and foolish and gave him my phone number), clinging to my car door when I tried to drive away, etc.                    

[!--EDIT|Kiki|Jan 17 2003, 12:47 AM--]

Kismet

Muahaha!
« Reply #394 on: January 17, 2003, 01:44:02 AM »
(Chicago, eh? I was driven through the city once on a business trip, and it was the single most terrifying driving experience of my life...two cabs hurtling the wrong way down one-way streets towards our car!
Heheh.  Sounds like driving in Boston...going the correct way down a one-way street is for tourists!                    

Tsuru

Muahaha!
« Reply #395 on: January 17, 2003, 01:45:49 AM »
Try driving in the rare rain in Phoenix :) People here have either forgotten how or never knew how to drive in rain. I wasn't as scared driving in DC in rush hour as I am of the other guy here in the rain!                    

Muahaha!
« Reply #396 on: January 17, 2003, 03:15:05 AM »
Hey! I used to be a memorably creepy guy who hung out around apartment complexes at strange hours of the night! Of course I was a security guard at the time with no stalker-like proclavities. I have sat near rather strange people at coffee shops who I wouldn't have gone to lunch with had they payed me, sexual innuendoes or no. As for the driving, well, the most frightening drivers I've seen were Californian tourists. Weather, place time, NOTHING keeps these people from endangering everyone on the sidewalk!                    

Kismet

Muahaha!
« Reply #397 on: January 17, 2003, 06:49:29 AM »
As for the driving, well, the most frightening drivers I've seen were Californian tourists. Weather, place time, NOTHING keeps these people from endangering everyone on the sidewalk!
Hey!  I resemble that remark.  Although, in my defense, the reason I was driving so recklessly was that the street/highway signage was so poor.  I'd never thought I'd come across a place with worse street/highway signage than Boston, but the Monterey area won hands down.                    

L_Jonté

Muahaha!
« Reply #398 on: January 17, 2003, 08:38:21 AM »
As for the driving, well, the most frightening drivers I've seen were Californian tourists. Weather, place time, NOTHING keeps these people from endangering everyone on the sidewalk!

1. Them's fightin' words.

2. You have obviously never driven in the metro Atlanta area.                    

Kiki

Muahaha!
« Reply #399 on: January 17, 2003, 09:41:38 AM »
I'd never thought I'd come across a place with worse street/highway signage than Boston, but the Monterey area won hands down.
                   No way. Boston streets evolved from cowpaths, and it's all been downhill from there. Plus the drivers (and parkers) are insane. The last time I visited my parents at Christmas, I went into Boston for some last minute shopping and found people parked on the off ramp near Govt Center.

Any Chinese city of six million and up takes the cake for traffic. They only paint lines on the street there to keep people employed. The same goes for the installation of traffic lights.

Did you go to a restaurant in Pacific Grove named the Fishwife, Kismet? That is the best seafood restaurant on the planet, bar none. I meet people in the most random places who have eaten there.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: