Author Topic: Progress Report - Updated 12/12/06  (Read 202475 times)

Offline Shadowhawke

• Planewalker
Re: Progress Report - Updated 10/1/04
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2004, 11:10:04 PM »
Hey guys... it looks like you're doing great here.  ;). Keep up the good work!  ;D

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2004, 02:02:59 PM »
will caliean try to kill anomen *prays: please say he will kill anomen* (looks innocent)

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2004, 02:41:36 PM »
No, there will be no killing of Anomen.  There will be some verbal arguments but no physical ones.
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
  • The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2004, 02:43:29 PM »
We could have another "duel-to-the-death" situation a la Kelsey but it just wouldn't be consistent with Cailean's character and his background.  Cailean isn't going to roll over and die during his romance conflict but he's not going to fight Anomen either just because Charname asks him to (especially if she asks him to.) Expect a different kind of conflict.    ;)
Cailean: An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2004, 08:07:19 PM »
We could have another "duel-to-the-death" situation a la Kelsey but it just wouldn't be consistent with Cailean's character and his background.  Cailean isn't going to roll over and die during his romance conflict but he's not going to fight Anomen either just because Charname asks him to (especially if she asks him to.) Expect a different kind of conflict.    ;)
Jelly Wrestling? Or insult sword fighting!
Shiny things, shiny things, shiny shiny shiny things!

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2004, 08:26:17 PM »
Jelly Wrestling? Or insult sword fighting!

Feathers at 40 paces. :) 
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2004, 05:55:26 AM »
No, there will be no killing of Anomen.  There will be some verbal arguments but no physical ones.
awww. your no fun.... i suppose i will have to arange an "accident" then

Offline masterofswords

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2004, 11:22:12 PM »
Hey! I'm new here, though I've been downloading the mods here and looking at the forums for quite some time. I just have a quick question, will Cailean have any banters with Kelsey, Keto, or any other modded characters? I'm not sure if this had been asked but it just popped into my mind, thanks!  :)
"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered; those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight; while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2004, 11:40:01 PM »
Well, we've signed Cailean up for G3's Crossmod Banter Pack so there will definitely be some banters with mod NPCs.  Kelsey will have, at the very least, a romance conflict.  As for the rest, we will have to discuss any banter opportunities with the authors of each individual mod as Cailean comes closer to completion.   :)

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline masterofswords

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2004, 11:59:30 PM »
Well, we've signed Cailean up for G3's Crossmod Banter Pack so there will definitely be some banters with mod NPCs.  Kelsey will have, at the very least, a romance conflict.  As for the rest, we will have to discuss any banter opportunities with the authors of each individual mod as Cailean comes closer to completion.   :)

Cool, I'd like to see sparks fly between two mod characters! ;) Even though I won't be doing any romancing with another guy :P. Maybe I should download the Crossmod Banter Pack too, it will remove that feeling of the mod characters being a bit distant from the other NPCs, or maybe it's just me.
"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered; those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight; while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2004, 11:05:56 AM »

Cool, I'd like to see sparks fly between two mod characters! ;) Even though I won't be doing any romancing with another guy :P.

Well, Cailean will come fully equipped with a non-romance track.   :)

Atonement

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2004, 07:15:39 PM »
Why not? Give us some male/male lovin'!
Anomen and Cailean can go dutch. Ano would so be the sub, though.
Okay, maybe not. Ano can go ahead and die. But let the male PCs have some fun with it.

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2004, 09:27:44 AM »
I believe you mean let the male PC have some fun with HIM ;) Now personally, while I think there's not enough homoeroticism in most games*, I'd rather have the mod released sometime before the next ice age :)

* of the male-male kind. these days it's hard to go 5ft in a game without running into a Lesbian character. Apparently it's to demostrate their tolerance of homosexual lifestyles or something. personally I think it's just an excuse to increase the breast count in the game.

Atonement

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2004, 01:04:46 PM »
Haha... XDDD
That's true. It's just so kyoot. Aww, male/male love story.
Eh, it'll happen... someday. I can settle for Solaufein until then. ;]

As for the lesbian thing, that's sort of true. There are those ambigously lesbian couples, though, I do so love. Like Asellus and White Rose in SaGa Frontier. It's like they are lovin' on each other off-screen, away from the player's eyes. But nothing ever seems to come out. It's never even implied, but it's so... so... obvious!

On that note, White Rose had very dainty boobies... it was so cute. <3 White Rose <3.
Some male characters just seem gay, though. Like Carth. He seemed so... resistant to it.

ANYWAYS... looking forward to the mod. :3

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2004, 10:02:37 PM »
Why not? Give us some male/male lovin'!
Anomen and Cailean can go dutch. Ano would so be the sub, though.
Okay, maybe not. Ano can go ahead and die. But let the male PCs have some fun with it.

Sorry, Cailean likes girls. Yes, Masalina treated him like dirt, but I don't think that's enough to turn him from being attracted to women to being attracted to men. 

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Progress Report - Updated 12/22/04
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2004, 08:18:31 AM »
Okay, since my boss recently unchained me from my desk and allowed me to lift my nose from the grindstone I thought I'd let you know what we've been up to recently.  Even though it looks like we've done not much for months, we have been plugging away.  Mainly we've been working on voicing.  I never realized how *long* it took to listen to clips, to decide if they sound like what you want and if not, what *should* they sound like.  Not to mention any back and forth between St. Jo and myself if we disagree. :)  And that doesn't count any editing that may have to happen after we get final takes. 

Operadragon has been diligently voicing the lines as we give them to him.  St. Jo has been editing Cailean's spoken lines (and some of his unspoken lines too).  In some cases his lines weren't written with how they would sound spoken in mind and in others we decided that the line didn't really convey what we wanted it to convey.  I've been editing the voicing and adding the clips to the mod (they do sound awesome in game, btw) and implementing any changes in dialog and fixing some god awful coding mistakes (I don't know what the heck I was thinking when I wrote some of that quest code.)

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2004, 12:52:30 PM »
Re: writing quest code; my guess is you weren't thinking. :)

And I just have to ask the awful question: How close are we to having Caileanic goodness on our very own hard drives?

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2004, 01:20:30 PM »
Re: writing quest code; my guess is you weren't thinking. :)

More than likely.

And I just have to ask the awful question: How close are we to having Caileanic goodness on our very own hard drives?

Well, we *do* have a timetable in mind, but we'd rather not share it at present in the event that we totally blow it. :)

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2004, 04:26:49 PM »
will he react to valen?

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2004, 07:24:59 PM »
will he react to valen?

He has something to say about her message to meet Bodhi in the graveyard.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2004, 06:36:08 AM »
sohe wont be anoyed about a vampie joining?

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2004, 07:44:35 AM »
Oh, you meant the Valen *mod*.  No, we haven't written any content that deals with other mods yet, but I imagine he wouldn't be happy being in the same party as a vampire.

Offline Morgan

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2004, 03:05:07 PM »
keep up the good work!  looking forward to it :)

Offline celticrose

• Planewalker
  • Beware, There Be Dragons!
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2005, 10:48:19 PM »
Looking forward to your Cailean Mod/story! Thank-you in advance for all your hard work.

Celtic Rose ;D

Offline Operadragon

• The Thundering Voice of Ages
  • Planewalker
  • The voice is a truly powerful tool...use it well.
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2005, 11:30:49 AM »
You're quite welcome in advance...not speaking for the girls, of course, but I've a total blast voicing it!
Keep the compliments coming...It helps to keep my ego stroked! :P

Opera
Operadragon

Voice For Hire, LLC

<Operadragon> I think you're cute.
<St. Josephine> I think you're drunk.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: