Author Topic: Weird Valen crashes-cd 1 error  (Read 1714 times)

Aroc

Weird Valen crashes-cd 1 error
« on: November 28, 2002, 06:21:30 PM »
Diana at last the solution to the CD-1 error finally emerged.
After many installs- reinstalls from the cd rom I have copied all 4 cd's on the hard disk and install directly from it , into a new directory(after Bioware's moderator Kevin Lynch direction).
Everything up to now work flawlesly, the only incompatibility found is the Desecration of Souls mod which kept crashing to the desktop every time I attacked the Cowled wizards.
The installation order is SoA+ToB+latest patch+Baldurash(non weidu)+Tortured Souls+Freedom's reign+reign of Virtue+Ease(all)+Ascension+ExpThfStronghold+Solafein+Tactics(all)+ItemUpgrade.
Thanks god all the frustration is gone and I am again a very happy BG player!                    

Diana

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2002, 09:32:44 AM »
My thanks to you.  I'm printing this and keeping it as a reference guide so I can continue enjoying Valen.  Like I've said elsewhere, Mr. Weimer really outdid himself when he created this character - she's just so full of surprises.

Wishful thinking - too bad he didn't have her take out Nalia's snooty aunt.  I would have loved to have seen that.  Or even Mr. Compton's Kelsey change her into something 'unnatural'.
 :lol:                    

Kish

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2002, 12:52:48 PM »
...?  She does attack Nalia's aunt.  If she didn't do that in your game, something else is wrong.                    

Aroc

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2002, 08:37:41 AM »
I totally agree with Kish.
She sents  Nalia's aunt to the final death so fast that you have to kill also her guardian because he naturally becomes hostile after this sad :D  event!
Hope that your problems will be solved Diana and experience again the fantastic  Valen into action :rolleyes:                    

Diana

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 09:32:31 AM »
Thanks all!

You know, I didn't have Valen in the party when I did that so I missed out.  When I do a new game have to make sure she's in cause I will love see Auntie get hers.  I always hated it that the pc character didn't have a real nasty response as the final word.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: