Author Topic: TOB - Wraith Master dialogue?  (Read 3175 times)

Kaylord

TOB - Wraith Master dialogue?
« on: December 17, 2002, 06:35:45 AM »
Well, I wondered why nothing happened in ToB when you face the Wraith master (or whatever itis called) at Nyalee´s temple. There should be, it calls for, a dialogue between Soula/Phaere!!!!! Really!!!!                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 06:59:58 AM »
Strange but true, no. Maybe because it's part of the "standard" romances? Or maybe because Wes didn't add TOB-specific content until fairly recently?

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Kaylord

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 10:44:52 AM »
Awww, damn. I want a master wraith dialogue!!!   :(                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 10:48:20 AM »
And I'll just toss this out as well: I can think of few sequences of the game _more_ reliant on having some voicing to be effective. At least for Aerie and Jaheira, and I think even the other two Bioware romances as well, the experience added by the voicing was among the more significant in the whole game.

(and you can argue whether you thought it was effective in K-TOB or not. I thought it was, though.)                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Kiki

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2002, 12:03:01 PM »
There should be, it calls for, a dialogue between Soula/Phaere!!!!! Really!!!
People have been on Weimer's case for months about this. But be at peace, tormented soul. Weimer will find a belated holiday gift in his mailbox in January.

And I'll just toss this out as well: I can think of few sequences of the game _more_ reliant on having some voicing to be effective.
Yes, it was very effective with the Anomen romance, too. I also thought the Tree of Life and the pre-godhood-decision dialogues were considerably enhanced by voicing. And the proposal, natch.                    

Kiki

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2002, 03:39:08 PM »
Addendum: Tsuru has also been contemplating some Master Wraith ideas, so it may be a joint gift.                    

Kaylord

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2002, 02:36:51 AM »
Kiki, Tsuru: GREAT!!!!!  

And, I agree about the voicing.

BTW, could anyone spoil me about the themes of the master-wraith dialogues of Jaheira, Aerie? I just can´t convince any of my pcs to romance one of those two...  :(                    

Hendryk

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2002, 02:40:43 AM »
Khalid accuses Jaheira of murdering him & for good measure accuses her of having been in love with the PC even before his death.

Aerie's mother accuses Aerie of killing her (kinda weak, this) by getting herself captured by slavers without letting Mommy know where she was.  Mommy went looking for her & met some tragic, untimely end or other.                    

Kaylord

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2002, 02:43:37 AM »
Thnx. Seems as if Aerie is weak in every aspect...   :(

Jaheira sounds even more interesting on that point than Viconia. Perhaps I can convince my current archer-pc...                    

Hendryk

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2002, 02:49:57 AM »
Jaheira's romance is a pain to get through - it's long and you should have the Baldurdash patch or it might never finish.  OTOH, she's the only one of the official four concerned with the PC's "Bhaal-spawn-ness" rather than her own pawky little personal problems, so I find her romance the most rewarding if I'm going to go through all of Chapter 2 anyway.                    

Kiki

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2002, 11:45:47 AM »
The official TOB patch also includes the Jaheira romance fix.

Wow, the Jaheira-Master Wraith dialogue sounds great. I'll have to cheat her romance in and take a look.                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2002, 01:11:03 PM »
The Aerie scenario is a little weak but I've always gathered that the Master Wraith is putting a spell on everyone above and beyond the simple illusion, that makes them more compelling than they should seem. That's why you can't even TELL the lover that it's a fake unless you have high WIS (or is it INT? I forget, don't feel like looking at the moment)

Regardless of what you think of the scenario, I think it's acted very effectively.

And the Master Wraith encounter is one of the few redeeming aspects of the Jaheira-TOB romance. (Well, until you add her flirt pack, that is!)

[!--EDIT|jcompton|Dec 18 2002, 03:11 PM--]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: