Author Topic: Sarevok's Sword  (Read 2747 times)

Althernai

Sarevok's Sword
« on: November 20, 2002, 12:30:42 AM »
After around 11 reloads of Ascension final, I've noticed something about Sarevok - he is completely and utterly ineffective except maybe as a distraction to summons. I think somebody brought this up before, but why isn't he using a weapon that can actually hit something - say, the Sword of Chaos?. Maybe at least give him the +3 Sword he starts with in ToB? As it is, he can't hit me, he can't hit Balthazar and he can't hit planetars. If you are trying to counteract Prot. from Magic Weapons by giving him a normal sword, it is not necessary. Ascension creatures cast Breach and Remove Magic like crazy - and it runs out pretty fast anyway.

For consistency of the story, he should have the +4 version of the Sword of Chaos - if she gives him back his armor, then why not his sword?                    

Kish

Sarevok's Sword
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 12:46:48 AM »
Because you have the sword.

And any suggestion for changes to the deliberate design of the Ascension mod should be directed to David Gaider, whose email address I believe is in the ReadMe for the mod.  He doesn't, to my knowledge, read these boards.                    

Althernai

Sarevok's Sword
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 01:43:31 AM »
Because you have the sword.

Ah. That is the most obvious BG2-related concept I've missed for a long time. Still, I'm curious - why not the generic +3 sword?

I wanted to ask what the reason for this was before bothering people about changes - Quitch and Cuv do come here every once in a while, they may know what was the idea behind him having a normal sword. I was also wondering if this was intentional or not - for all I know, it could fall into the same class as Irenicus's illegal Horrid Wilting contingency.                    

Kish

Sarevok's Sword
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 01:45:54 AM »
Truly, I suspect the nonmagical sword is Mel's way of quietly red-shirting him.  She doesn't want him to survive the battle, or he'd be as dangerous to her as you could be.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: