Author Topic: Compability Soula-Kelsey  (Read 4119 times)

Kaylord

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« on: November 19, 2002, 05:42:13 AM »
Here´s the record:

BG2, TOB, patch.

First MOD-try: Soula, Kelsey, Imoen -] Imoen ok, Soula shows incoherent Kelsey dialogue, (Kelsey unknown since not in the group)

Second MOD-try: Imoen, Kelsey, Soula -] Imoen ok, Soula ok, Kelsey shows Soula biography lines and incoherent mess.

Does anyone experience that, too? It was told that Kelsey and Soula are compatible, so perhaps Imoen is acting as a wrong reagent for Soula/Kelsey?                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 10:35:46 AM »
Make sure you're running the Kelsey-SOA 1.0.4 patch, select Kelsey, and press K. That should fix the garble.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Kaylord

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 12:30:32 PM »
Thanks, I´ll try it out asap (most prob the weekend)!  :)                    

[!--EDIT|Kaylord|Nov 19 2002, 08:30 PM--]

Renegade ++RIP++

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2002, 04:48:54 PM »
I have done imoen, solaufein then kelsey but stil get messed up kelsey

His name is some description, and his name always says something about imoen. When he casts something I always get the what he is casting(for example : casts stoneskin ...), followed bye i don't know why I'm casting it , but i never know

But maybe this is because i have a lot of mods used , ease of use , item upgrade , tactics, rov , the other one off the shard and DoS and forethat i install these i have Tortured Souls installed (v1.21 and v 2.0)                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2002, 05:34:39 PM »
I bet you haven't done what I told Kaylord to do: make sure you have the Kelsey 1.0.4 patch installed, select Kelsey, press K.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Renegade ++RIP++

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2002, 05:57:06 PM »
what i exactly did was:
Full install SoA-ToB, latest patch,
TS1.21 , TS2.0 ,ease of usev14, Imoenv13, Solaufeinv85,ascensionv1.4.13, Kelsey1.3 , kelsey 1.4, kelseyToBv1, tacticsv4,item upgrade ,fr , RoV , DoS

So I do have it installed , only not the banter about not accepting multiple sweethearts. But it had the problem also withouth the fr , rov and dos addons , these i added later ,because I can still play and his dialogues are good just little bit irritating when the text in the box is always 2/3 moved to the right of the box so you get this:

[me jzhzkjzhkjzvzjkvhzjkvzhvkjzhv says]         me this you yhat , blabla
                                                                            blalblablablablablablabla
                                                                            blablablablablablablabla

the jzhzkjzhkjzvzjkvhzjkvzhvkjzhv is naturally a description but didn't remember what exactly , and didn't know what typing in its place

I tried to let it work with fr , rov and dos first installed but run into problems , and now it works except for that problem with kelsey

but wondered if I could get exnems addon to , and when would be best to install

But am waiting until hoover or something like this is ready with his ubermoddingidea (TS-TDD-SOS and all the weidu mods + nalia, +tashia + kelsey) and has made a simple faq or some changed files for download for some very dumbie in modding like me

But hope you have an idea , thx in advance
greetz                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2002, 06:00:23 PM »
You still haven't said if you're doing what I'm saying:

Click on Kelsey

Press the K key on your computer.

The menu bars should briefly disappear, and then Kelsey should be fixed.

If you haven't tried this, try it.

If you have and it didn't work, let us know.

Gorrister

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2002, 11:23:03 PM »
I have a Kelsey/Solaufein question that is unrelated.  Kelsey says:

"Solaufein, I don't get you." (or something similar...)

Solaufein turns around and asks to join the party again as a response.  I found that a bit odd.  I said that he could join but I'm not really sure that was supposed to be the banter I got.  

:unsure:                    

[!--EDIT|Gorrister|Nov 25 2002, 02:23 AM--]

Kish

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2002, 11:25:51 PM »
Which did you install first...Solaufein, or Kelsey?                    

Kish

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2002, 11:26:41 PM »
Argh                    

[!--EDIT|Kish|Nov 25 2002, 07:27 AM--]

Gorrister

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2002, 11:39:51 PM »
Kelsey is much further ahead then Sola.  Sola gets updated alot so I keep his installation towards the back of the WeiDU install chain.

Like this...

Tashia
Kelsey (patches and all)
Ease of use
Item upgrade
Tactics
Valen
Sola
Filrts                    

[!--EDIT|Gorrister|Nov 25 2002, 02:41 AM--]

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2002, 11:49:47 PM »
Yeah, that's a consequence of the (ill-advised) way we have their banter in 1.0.3. It'll be a separate install-time option in 1.0.5 and avoid that problem. If Kelsey's in first, you get that sort of weirdness. Sorry.

its_me

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2002, 05:02:40 AM »
Hey I got a question that is off topic. What is the Imoen mod that is mentioned in this thread and where can I it?                    

Kaylord

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2002, 05:13:04 AM »
The Imoen MOD:

http://imoenromance.teambg.net/

It makes Imoen a much more active party member and opens up the possibility to romance her.

Good discussions about it:

http://www.teambg.net/forum/?c=group2

its_me

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2002, 05:26:54 AM »
Thanks a bunch Kaylord                    

Kaylord

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2002, 05:32:30 AM »
No prob.

Just to give an update und finish the reason for this topic:

I patched Kelsey, selected him and pressed "K", and everything is perfect!

Thanx! Good work!                    

Renegade ++RIP++

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2002, 06:22:54 AM »
just pressed k, but firstly i thought that I had to do pressing the k button during install .
Didn't help  , so i then realised , maybe reading the readme entirely could prove usefull :D .
And do you now what stood in there , you had to select kelsey in game and press k ,and now everything works
anyhow thx for the advice you guys (and for the occasionally women that visits this site you women ;))  :D :D                    

Gorrister

Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2002, 06:22:47 PM »
Does Solaufein have his own self fix-it option when his dialog and name get all screwed up?  Kelsey has the 'select me and press K' option.  Tashia has that option to tell her she looks funny to clear things up.  It works quite well.  Usually happens when you uninstall mods and put them back in a different order.

I checked the readme but didn't see anything regarding this.  Does Sola (or even Valen for that matter) support this?  It works rather nice and both Kelsey and Tashia have put themselves back together more than once.                    

[!--EDIT|Gorrister|Nov 26 2002, 09:24 PM--]

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Compability Soula-Kelsey
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2002, 07:42:52 PM »
They don't, no. It's very odd, those problems don't seem to impact Solaufein of Valen even though we all use the same method for getting our CREs into the game.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: