Author Topic: Backing up your WeiDu mods  (Read 1481 times)

Michel

Backing up your WeiDu mods
« on: November 17, 2002, 08:28:52 PM »
#   1. Why I made this      #

Quite simple actually. I install lots of mods for my BG2 game. I like them alot but after installing so many mods my BG2 main folder is somewhat *cough* full *cough* with files I hardy read/use. Of course i could just delete them or move them manually to a backup folder. Knowing that I am terribly lazy I wanted something that could do that for me. So I started writing this batch file.
I know, this file looks like it is made by an amateur....and thats true. So if someone can write this better then me then go right ahead.

#   2. How do I use it?     #

Simply unzip it and copy WeiDumod-backup.bat and WeiDumod-backup-Readme.txt into your BG2 folder and start the .bat file.

#   3. What does it do?     #

It will create a folder in your main BG directory called "Weidumod-backup" and will copy ALL your Setup*.exe / *.tp2 and *.debug files to that folder.
Then it will COPY the following folders to the weidumod-backup folder:

c2
ascension
ease
Kelsey
kelsey104
KelseyToB
npcflirt
solarom
tactics
Tashia
valen

It doesnt delete the mod folders from your BG2 main folder yet because I dont know if you want that.
If you dont have every mod listed here then ignore the messages in the DOS box. I have absolutly no idea how to let this batch file search for the mods you have or dont have installed.

link: Clicky clicky!!!                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: