Author Topic: A picture is worth 1,000 words  (Read 8365 times)

Sphira

A picture is worth 1,000 words
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2002, 11:31:52 PM »
Mostly because it matches
the other portraits, but I also find it appealing.
                   That's true. While the picture is pretty and Keanu Reeve's is always a cutie, it's hard for me to use a portrait like that because I know it's an actor (the photomaniuplator's picture of Danny DeVito as a dwarf scarred me for life).
I can't think of Mr. Broody-Pants-Phillosper as Keanu "Duuuuuh" Reeves!
-_-

Another I also dislike it because of one major thing and that's why I despise Viccy's portrait. DROWS DON'T HAVE BLUE SKIN! ]_[ I know the 'real' reason for blue skin is because pretty ebon skin doesn't show up too well but I still twitch over it. [_[                    

Sphira

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2002, 11:35:18 PM »
(I'm glad I'm writing this, by the way; I wouldn't want to *pronounce* "Drizzt's"). :-)

I have trouble with his last name. -_- That's why I always call Drizzt 'Drunken-Irish-Lastname'. Then I get yelled at. *sniff* *gives cookies to any Irish people she might offend*  :unsure:                      

Kaylord

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2002, 01:39:28 AM »
- Where are those pics which are actually phtomaipulated actors? That does sound very interesting!

- I know drow are supposed to be black, but I happen to like that violet-bluish shade of Viccy and that one Soula pic. Perhaps its because there is some sunlight on the face which makes the actual black rather "sickly bluish" (in a drow´s view...)?

- @Sphira: BTW, your pic gives me the impression of a very sad young elf..?                    

Tsuru

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2002, 03:32:07 AM »
I'm rather fond of the one Aubrey uses myself, along with the other hooded one with the two scimitars (?). Trouble is, at one point his pic could get rather covered up, so it's hard to say *what* he looks like! LOL!

Oh gee, I musta been kind talkative lately..I just saw that I'm a Zillalin rather than a Zillaette... whatever either of those are :)                    

[!--EDIT|Tsuru|Nov 22 2002, 02:33 AM--]

Rassadihn

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2002, 06:13:53 AM »
That's true. While the picture is pretty and Keanu Reeve's is always a cutie, it's hard for me to use a portrait like that because I know it's an actor (the photomaniuplator's picture of Danny DeVito as a dwarf scarred me for life).
I can't think of Mr. Broody-Pants-Phillosper as Keanu "Duuuuuh" Reeves!
-_-

Don't *go* there...

Solaufein:
"I know dual-wielding."
"A most *excellent* critical! (plays air lute)"
"My name... is Sola."
"I do what I must, when I must. Know this well."

Oops, that last one didn't belong there... Though Keanu could probably give a ripping delivery of that line. :-)

Sphira

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2002, 02:01:09 AM »
- Where are those pics which are actually phtomaipulated actors? That does sound very interesting!

- I know drow are supposed to be black, but I happen to like that violet-bluish shade of Viccy and that one Soula pic. Perhaps its because there is some sunlight on the face which makes the actual black rather "sickly bluish" (in a drow´s view...)?

- @Sphira: BTW, your pic gives me the impression of a very sad young elf..?
                   I'll hunt for that site ASAP. I shouldn't be up this late *for me* posting. ^_^ But as for my picture, it is an elf and it's sad. I know, I drew it. :3 I was goofing around with adobe and this is what turned up.                    

Gorrister

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2002, 12:31:26 AM »
If your worried about portraits then riddle me this....

When you look at your portrait of Solaufein and a romance conversation appears and his 'theme song' plays, doesn't it feel a tad... lacking?

It plays the same music as if you were inside the house of a noble.  I think Sola needs his own theme music for his 'lovetalks' as everyone has one instead of using a song already in the game.  Sure it may increase download size for Sola custom theme music but it may be worth it to intensify his mod altogether.

But... it's a mere humble suggestion.  B)                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2002, 08:46:34 AM »
I never had any trouble with the romance music myself.  But then, I turn most of the sounds down so that I can hear the dialogue.                      

Gorrister

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2002, 07:13:32 PM »
So you can hear Sola's dialog!?  I don't think he says a whole lot other than "I do what I must, when I must.  Know this well." Every other time you click on him.  Good thing you can change his voice set, now he darts around the screen sounding like a grumpy old man.

I just thought he could use his own theme song.  Guess I was alone on that one.  :huh:                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2002, 08:01:54 PM »
So you can hear Sola's dialog!?

Actually, so I can hear dialogue in general.                    

FlatulentOne

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2002, 03:12:54 AM »
I usually use the portrait of Gorynel Desse from Melanie Rawn's Mageborn Traitor. To be honest my main reason for using it is because it is Michael Whelan's work. For those who haven't the foggiest idea what I'm referring to (thou benighted, blighted, under-read cads) it's the drowish looking one with the golden sword hilt in his hand, brownish robes, on a golden background. I found it amusing that it was in the alternate portraits despite the fact the Desse isn't the focus of that picture (not to mention the fact that he is human). What is not, however, amusing is that the trilogy apparently after the second book! Infuriating!                    

domi

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2002, 10:47:12 AM »
well, I am trying to learn photoshop, so to make it more fun I started with the favorite subject. After cursing for a couple of days the infamous Elven almond-shaped eyes, the particularities of drow coloring, software, total inaptitude to clicking, and (undeservingly) a (extremely good) manual plus many other unrelated things, I ended up with my very own image of Solaufein (or Zaknafein, since I lump the two together). It sucks big time, but it's pretty much the answer to the questin, lol.

Solaufein's image                    

Lump

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2002, 12:47:40 PM »
For me its the "main picture": http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate/p...s/18/DM041L.bmp

At the beginning I dit not liked it sooo mutch. But NOW - I just love it.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: