Author Topic: Auto Buff help  (Read 2678 times)

Torne

Auto Buff help
« on: November 12, 2002, 06:09:07 PM »
I can't seem to find any documentation on what keys trigger the buffs. I tried pressing every key on the keyboard (that was annoying) and only found one key to work, f. Are there more? Or does that key hit all of the spells the auto-buff scripts use? Also, what's the difference between the two?

Only reason I'm asking is there aren't any descriptions in game either. :D                    

Caswallon

Auto Buff help
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2002, 06:26:00 PM »
Party Auto-Buff (keys apply to Solo as well):
This script will allow any spellcaster to buff the entire party rapidly when no enemies are present. Press "S" for Slow, Long-Lasting buffs (typically spells that last for a long time and should be cast whenever you wake up), "F" for Fast, Combat buffs (typically spells that last just a few rounds, use before the big fights), "D" for Free-Action (which lasts a short time and messes up haste) and "N" for Melf's Meteors. Buffs will be cast on the PC first and then all other party members. Memorize six copies of any spell you want to affect everyone. This script also automatically drinks healing potions, detects traps, and attacks enemies (spellcasters, then mundanes).

You should be able to read this description (from Westley himself:)) when choosing the script for your character.                    

[!--EDIT|Caswallon|Nov 13 2002, 03:29 AM--]

Torne

Auto Buff help
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 06:39:57 PM »
Ty, couldn't find that anywhere. Not on the description either, which is odd because I had to reinstall windows and before I could read the description in game. Thanks though :)                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Auto Buff help
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2002, 10:07:34 PM »
There is a description *in the game* -- the one that Falk quoted. If you didn't get it, there may be other problems with your installation. Does Sola talk at all?

Auto Buff help
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2002, 03:51:36 PM »
I've just started a fresh installation and haven't even gotten to spellhold yet. If I run into any other issues, I'll let you know. I couldn't find that description *in the game* either is what I was trying to say :D                    

Kish

Auto Buff help
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2002, 04:05:51 PM »
You found the script, but not the description?  :blink:

I'd suggest running Setup-Solaufein again, and see if it offers to install Solaufein this time.  If it offers to Install (instead of Uninstalling or Reinstalling), then it likely didn't get installed properly.                    

Torne

Auto Buff help
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2002, 03:46:59 AM »
Bleh, I'm never going to get used to this being able to post without signing in.

Hmmm, good point-but I'll admit my experience with mods isn't all that great. Do I need to uninstall the few other mods I have first, or just install over again?                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Auto Buff help
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2002, 11:51:33 AM »
If all of the mods after Solaufein were WeiDU mods, you can just re-run Setup-Solaufein.exe and say "yes" or "reinstall" everywhere.

Do you have the most recent version of Sola? May as well upgrade while you're at it. Download the most recent version and extract it on top of (yes, overwrite) your existing one, then re-run Setup-Solaufein as above.                    

Torne

Auto Buff help
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2002, 01:26:56 AM »
I think I've got non-Weidu tashia and kelsey (could be mistaken though) installed. Yes, I am at the current version of Sola as well.                    

Kish

Auto Buff help
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2002, 01:42:12 AM »
There is no such thing as non-WeiDU Tashia and Kelsey; those two mods have only WeiDU versions.                    

Torne

Auto Buff help
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2002, 02:43:13 AM »
:P

Like I said I could be mistaken. I openly admit I don't know a lot about mods for BG2.                    

Kish

Auto Buff help
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2002, 09:29:10 PM »
Trust me--if you have non-WeiDU versions of Kelsey and Tashia installed, you wrote them yourself.  :blink:                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: