Author Topic: Extracting Dialogues  (Read 1680 times)

cirerrek

Extracting Dialogues
« on: November 13, 2002, 01:27:16 PM »
I was thinking of creating a mini-mod for BG2:SOA/TOB that brings back Dynaheir and introduces another NPC.   I can write scripts, create items and spells.  I figured the next step would be to learn how to write dialogues.  A mini-mod seems like a large leap, but it could potentially fill a plot hole/glossing I find annoying, considering Dynaheir was my mage of choice in BG1.  

I'm not familiar with WeiDU, just having downloaded the documentation and tutorial for it and I was wondering how to utilize it to extract Minsc and Dynaheir's dialogue from BG1 and also Minsc's dialogue from BG2.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cirerrek  

japheth

Extracting Dialogues
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2002, 01:57:34 PM »
Open up the zip file that WeiDU is located in and extract WeiDU.exe.

Copy WeiDU.exe to your root BG2 directory.  (Usually it's c:\program files\black isle\bgii - soa)

Go to Start-]Run-]and type command, and then click OK.  Type this exact line at the command prompt with the quotes:

cd "c:\program files\black isle\bgii - soa"

And then type this:

weidu minsc.dlg minscj.dlg minscp.dlg bminsc.dlg

This will extract all of Minsc's dialog to .d format and place them in your root BG2 directory.  You can then use a normal text editor to view the .d files.

I'm not sure what Dynaheir's dialogue names are (I don't own BG1), but you would repeat pretty much the same process to extract her dialogues from BG1.

cirerrek

Extracting Dialogues
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 02:20:10 PM »
I'll have to re-load BG1 and TOTSC to get at Dynaheir's dialogues.  Hopefully NI or InfExp can be used to figure what her dialogues are.

Thanks for the instructions, Japheth.

Cirerrek                    

[!--EDIT|cirerrek|Nov 14 2002, 12:14 AM--]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: