Author Topic: Another tune-down?  (Read 5910 times)

Kaylord

Another tune-down?
« on: November 08, 2002, 02:21:45 AM »
Hi, I am new here, but just wanted to link into discussions *before* beeing really throu with the soulafein-mod. You see, I just installed it and I have not yet reached the underdark.

First of all, let me say that the idea of Soulafein as a joinable PC is SO GOOD that bioware should have made it themselves. So i´d like to call that more a "patch" than a "mod". Thanx for you efforts Weimer!!!

But.... I have a little concern, which already came up when I installed and saw all those "improved monster" mods included. Well. It seems that Soula is so strong that you really need stronger monsters, too. (I saw a similar comment by Weimer somewhere about "3 times that-and-that and all standart enemies are dead"...)

I also noticed, when I startet ToB directly (I was curious to see Soula one first time), that he starts with incredibly high XP, to the extend that he is lvl 18 on both dualled classes, whereas all other have only lvl 18 in SINGLE class! :blink:
Hey, thats not fair compared to the rest of the troupe!!??  :(

Further, I read about various abilities Soula is able to get over time: 2 extra spells in each spell-level, immunity to undead....   :blink:
That adds - besides the standard dark-elf-boni like 65%MR - also to a single-class mage, an undead-hunter, andIdontknowwhatelse.... if that´s not POWERGAMING, then I do not know what!?  :huh:

So my quesion is: Is there a Soulafein out there who actually fits to the playing-style of a non-powergamish player such as meself?   :ph34r:
i.e.: perhaps only extra-spells for spell-lvl 4,5,6 (similar to what various standart-bg2-rings do give), same XP-SUM as the other npcs, no uber-items (but maybe upgradeable later in ToB just to hold pace...). I guess the Soulafein-specific challenges also would then also need a tune-down?

Please do not understand me wrong. I don´t want to criticise any powergamer out there; it´s simply not my style.  :)
I would like to concentrate on the role-playing aspects without the standard BG2-challenges becoming too boring and without Soulafein beeing the one and only "superman" in my party (I try to keep my pc modest, too).                    

Userunfriendly

Another tune-down?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 04:46:58 AM »
improved irenicus, ascention, eclipse, improved bodhi, kangy guards, the new lich in the docks,,

smarter mages, smarter beholders, smarter vampires,,,,you will need each and every advantage sola can give you....he basically carries the party for most parties....

except mine, but then i do a lot of kit hacking via sk myself...                    

Kiki

Another tune-down?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 09:39:43 AM »
You can always refuse to fill all his spell slots, and CTRL-Y Sola-specific enemies that you don't feel like fighting. I don't consider myself a power-gamer, and I really like Solaufein and many of the tactical add-ons. And if you treat him as a pure fighter and not use any mage protections, he suddenly loses a lot of his power. :)                    

serjeLeBlade

Another tune-down?
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2002, 11:09:36 AM »
Hello Kaylord, welcome to the forums :)

I will try to answer your question to the best of my ability....
Yes, Sola is more powerful than any Bioware npc you can pick up. This is true.

If you want him to be balanced, you can CLUAconsole in one of the lowest-level versions of him that come with the mod, before going to Ust Natha, in any moment you feel appropriate.
(Details on how to do it are in the readme iirc).
In this way, he could be the same (or lower) level of the other characters in your party.
I think that the latest version of the mod prevents the "original" Sola to appear and ask to join if you have already created him beforehands from the console.

Hope this helps
Bye

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Another tune-down?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2002, 01:23:25 PM »
(I saw a similar comment by Weimer somewhere about "3 times that-and-that and all standart enemies are dead"...)

Thanks for your comments. If you saw that message you were reading past the spoiler space before starting the mod, and thus you should not be too surprised if things are too easy. :-)

I also noticed, when I startet ToB directly (I was curious to see Soula one first time), that he starts with incredibly high XP, to the extend that he is lvl 18 on both dualled classes, whereas all other have only lvl 18 in SINGLE class! :blink:
Hey, thats not fair compared to the rest of the troupe!!??  :(

Yes, and the fault is with Bioware. Other NPCs come with 3M XP no matter how powerful you are in ToB. Solaufein matches the PC. If you want to play half of ToB and then swap out Jan for Minsc, you can't really do it because Minsc will be too weak when he arrives. If you want to swap out Jan for Sola, it works fine.

Further, I read about various abilities Soula is able to get over time: 2 extra spells in each spell-level, immunity to undead....   :blink:

Those are not guaranteed.

andIdontknowwhatelse.... if that´s not POWERGAMING, then I do not know what!?  :huh:

You are not the first person to think so. I will readily admit that Solaufein is more powerful than most other joinable NPCs. Here are some things to consider:

(1) If you are too bored to buff Sola before fights (and for a long time the auto-buff script was not available), Sola is *much weaker*. And most "average users" play like that (yes, really) because they don't have the time or don't want to be bothered or whatnot. I've had people tell me that Anomen is a stronger fighter than Solaufein. This was clearly a scenario in which mirror image, blur, spirit armor, stoneskin, pro-fire, pro-cold, pro-magic-weapons and improved haste were left by the wayside.

(2) Despite all of Sola's nifty tricks, Kelsey at the XP cap would destroy Sola at the XP cap. The AD&D rules are already sufficiently unbalanced (as implemented in BG2) that Sola doesn't really tip the scales.

(3) Throughout his history, Sola has always had two major types of fans: people who love roleplaying with poet-philosophers, and people who think the fights in the game are really boring. Sometimes these groups overlap. To some degree, Sola caters to both. Now, however, the most of the fighting bit has been split off into the Tactics mod.

(4) The entire BG2 mod community has matured over time. When Sola first came out he was just as powerful (e.g., magic resistance, dimension door, moonblade) ... and I got complaints that he died all the time. Actually, I got *quite a few* complaints about the Revenge Spiders. Revenge Spiders are now considered to be minor speed bumps by most users ... but at the time (and back then the game itself was newer) people didn't know all the tricks.

(5) Finally, I would remind you that this is a game in which the main character can become a god and in which Demogorgon can be defeated. This is not some level 1 tabletop adventure. :-) The standard for power is already quite high.

So my quesion is: Is there a Soulafein out there who actually fits to the playing-style of a non-powergamish player such as meself?   :ph34r:

Yes, Virginia, there is a Solaufein.

i.e.: perhaps only extra-spells for spell-lvl 4,5,6 (similar to

You are not guaranteed to get extra spell levels. He does not have them at the start: they come much later.

Here's the magic of user choice: if you don't want to use them, don't! Don't fill them up with spells. That sort of intentional challenge game could be fun.

I would like to concentrate on the role-playing aspects without the standard BG2-challenges becoming too boring and without Soulafein beeing the one and only "superman" in my party (I try to keep my pc modest, too).

Solaufein comes with 4 challenges: Revenge Spiders, Archryssa, Undead Solaufein, the Eclipse. The Eclipse is optional, I'll just assume that you'll skip it. The Revenge Spiders and Archryssa all have story elements associated with them, and they are not difficult fights in the game scheme of things. Undead Solaufein also has a nice story (that has spurned some debate here: some people think he should stop talking about his darker, lust for power side ... others want me to write more prose about that in particular) can be defeated with a Pro-Undead scroll (or you can skip it by dropping him from your party before talking to Bodhi, then having him rejoin).

I think you may be confusing Solaufein and the Tactics Mod. If you want tougher fights, get the Tactics mod. Solaufein himself doesn't come with that much in the way of fights.

If you think that Solaufein is going to steal the thunder from your PC, don't buff Solaufein up. Trust me, he'll die like the rest of them.

If you really want to roleplay with Sola (and you have some spare time) -- try an SoA game where you race to the underdark and pick him up as soon as possible. Solaufein has a number of interjections in SoA (e.g., he talks to Firkraag, the Shade Lord, random people in markets, that kind of thing). The Romance is the same in SoA and ToB, but I haven't had as much time to make him chatty in ToB.

Finally, I think that Solaufein does offer a number of roleplaying opportunities. However, I'm clearly a biased source. Have you tried reading the user comments on the webpage?

Perhaps Lisa Jonte or Kiki (our Chief Standard of Happines in Training) could chime in here with their take on whether Solaufein is more than just battles?                    

Kiki

Another tune-down?
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2002, 02:17:05 PM »
Well, since you asked ...

Nowadays I only play BG2 if I see a mod with an interesting, well-written storyline, which I think puts me into the roleplaying camp rather than the powergaming camp. And Solaufein is my favorite mod. If there's an opportunity to fight enemies who put more interesting things in their spell triggers than Mislead-Stoneskin-True Sight, that's all the better--but I don't tend to install mods that just add battles, like Random City Encounters, Lich in the Docks, etc. If they don't add depth to characters, I'm not particularly interested.

I will say that I feel the Solaufein mod tips a bit towards pleasing those who are more interested in a good fight than in good dialogue. Revenge Spiders, Archryssa, Undead Sola (does he only happen when Improved Bodhi is installed?), and the Eclipse are non-trivial for those who've gotten complacent from tackling Bioware enemies. You should have heard my husband cursing Weimer's name when Bodhi snatched Sola. After multitudes of reloads, I had to take over his party and kill her for him just to prove that it could be done.

Maybe that roleplaying/tactical imbalance will be cured once Wes gets around to adding more dialogue. *cough* (And you can put down that discrete mathematics textbook--that's not the kind of dialogue I'm talking about.)

As I said before, and as Wes has reiterated, if you think Solaufein is too mighty, use him poorly. My husband never buffed him, never gave him the girdle of fortitude, and just sent him into battle pretty much naked ... and then had the nerve to complain that Viconia was a better tank. So there are plenty of ways to weaken him. You just have to be creative. :)

Undead Solaufein also has a nice story (that has spurned some debate here: some people think he should stop talking about his darker, lust for power side ... others want me to write more prose about that in particular)
I think either he should elaborate more on the attraction of the Dark Side, or not talk about it all. I bet you know what my vote is. :)                    

Userunfriendly

Another tune-down?
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2002, 09:37:04 PM »
"Undead Solaufein also has a nice story (that has spurned some debate here: some people think he should stop talking about his darker, lust for power side ... others want me to write more prose about that in particular) can be defeated with a Pro-Undead scroll (or you can skip it by dropping him from your party before talking to Bodhi, then having him rejoin). "

??????????????????????????

cast protection from undead on him?  or use to spank undead sola???

been trying out a lot of prot from undead scrolls on party, via helm of cheese, and spell immunity abby against smarter mages.,...

he pulled a nasty trick on me the other day, impr inv and spell immunity div...

hey, come on, any multiclass npc is overpowering already, look how many stuff they did to aerie to keep her reasonable... :huh:  :P                    

Kaylord

Another tune-down?
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2002, 07:47:52 AM »
Hi all and thanx for the welcome!

Well, Soula offers plenty of role-playing.
@weimer: I have learned that from the spoiler-section, too... ;-)
(I wouldn´t have had the mod downloaded if it were different... and I am really looking forward to meet him!)

As a side note: I find all combats quite challenging if you do not buff your party before the point where the role-played charakters would find it necessary to prepare for combat. From that point of view, most combats do not allow buffing beforehand (those, of course, are the most difficult).

Ummm... let me summarize the answers I got:

- no, there is no tuned-down Soulafein
- the Mod has quite some great roleplay opportunities, but, yes, it currently enhances also the hack&slash part
- if I want to tune down, I shouldn´t use some of Soulas abilities
(No offence here, but this is ridiculous. Talk about supension of disbelief and all that... Since I am role-playing, so if he has those abilities, he´ll use them)

BTW @Kikis husband: How could Viccy ever be a tank??? No ironskin, only 1 attack/round, miserable THACO,... hmmm, OTOH high AC plus MR... well, anyway, MY tank always is Jaheira (ironskin, shield of harmony, cloak of reflection)! B)

Conclusion: I´ll have to get to the underdark yet, but if he really turns out superman I am going to use SK to tune him down (hey, that´s a threat...) IMO, beeing a F/M at higher levels, with the drows added MR, is more than powerful enough.

And thumbs up to Weimer: Yes, Yes, more dialogues! As I said I haven´t even been so far to meet Soula, but anyway  :D                      

Kiki

Another tune-down?
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2002, 03:34:39 PM »
- no, there is no tuned-down Soulafein

- if I want to tune down, I shouldn´t use some of Soulas abilities
(No offence here, but this is ridiculous. Talk about supension of disbelief and all that... Since I am role-playing, so if he has those abilities, he´ll use them)
What's the difference between getting a weaker version of Sola from Weimer and making him weaker yourself?

BTW @Kikis husband: How could Viccy ever be a tank???
Don't ask me. I think he uses Mauler's Arm and occasionally Draw Upon Holy Might or similar spells, but I'd have to be pretty desperate before I put her on the front line.                    

Kish

Another tune-down?
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2002, 03:41:21 PM »
What's the difference between getting a weaker version of Sola from Weimer and making him weaker yourself?
From an IC perspective, if Solaufein is weaker due to something outside of the game, then he's weaker.  If he doesn't fill all his spell slots, CharName is telling him not to fill all his spell slots, which (since this is not a game to CharName) is roleplaying only if CharName is not quite sane.  That's the difference.                    

Rassadihn

Another tune-down?
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2002, 09:24:33 AM »
BTW @Kikis husband: How could Viccy ever be a tank???
Don't ask me. I think he uses Mauler's Arm and occasionally Draw Upon Holy Might or similar spells, but I'd have to be pretty desperate before I put her on the front line.
Potion of Fortitude. Righteous Magic. Saving Grace. Girdle of Some Giant Strength. Improved Mace of Disruption/Skullcrusher.

Mind you, I'm not using Viccy as a tank, I'm just relating my experience as a cleric/mage. Now, *they* can tank, I tell you. :-) Fill a Spell Trigger with Draw Upon Holy Might, Righteous Magic and Tenser's Transformation and away you go. Drawbacks: you never get any extra attacks and you're forfeiting your spellcasting, so use in desperate times only.

Kiki

Another tune-down?
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2002, 11:30:59 AM »
Bah. Kaylord was wanting a weaker version of Solaufein, and I suggested a way for him to get it. If he doesn't want to do it, he doesn't have to--but the whole idea of complaining about an NPC to its maker seems rather OOC.

So was it OOC or IC of me when Solaufein got some sort of bug in his spellbook that gave him eight sixth-level slots, four of which were permanently filled with Pro-Magic Weapons--and I knew it was a bug but used them anyway?                    

Kish

Another tune-down?
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2002, 01:31:16 PM »
but the whole idea of complaining about an NPC to its maker seems rather OOC.
Of course it is.  We're all OOC here.  If you stay in character all the time, you wind up in a padded cell.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what happens when playing the game.  And you asked what the difference is between Wes weakening Solaufein and Kaylord not filling all his spell slots.  Now you know.

Mind you, I don't see the need for a weaker version either.  How does having one character more powerful than the rest "enhance the hack-and-slash part of the game"?  Just CTRL-Y all the Solaufein-specific enemies, and the game will be, if anything, less hack-and-slash because the battles that come with the game last a shorter time.

So was it OOC or IC of me when Solaufein got some sort of bug in his spellbook that gave him eight sixth-level slots, four of which were permanently filled with Pro-Magic Weapons--and I knew it was a bug but used them anyway?
IC.  Which is Kaylord's point.  For your character, this is life and death.  Functioning at anything less than optimal efficiency in the game is bad roleplaying unless your character is 1) an idiot or 2) insane.  Set the difficulty slider to Insane, if you like--that's something you, the player, do, not your character.  Use Shadowkeeper to double each of your opponents' hit points and make them all immune to fire.  Use Near Infinity to cut the number of spell slots each party member has in half (er, can Near Infinity actually do that?).  None of those interfere with roleplaying.  Having spell slots in game and having the character not fill them is another matter.                    

[!--EDIT|Kish|Nov 11 2002, 09:41 PM--]

Sphira

Another tune-down?
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2002, 03:42:49 PM »
Undead Solaufein also has a nice story (that has spurned some debate here: some people think he should stop talking about his darker, lust for power side ... others want me to write more prose about that in particular.

Well, if you don't mind me tossing in my two cents, I think Wes-sama (or anyone up to it) should write more about the Dark Side. When Undead Solaufien started to talk about power that one time with Bodhi I had a minor 'WTF' moment because I didn’t truly see it coming. However, it was a good WTF moment! There was more layers to Solaufien than an onion!

And that was it. :(

I'm not sure if there are more times he talks about it (the Shadow Lord predicting his future doesn't count), but it only being addressed few times annoyed me.

I think a lust for power is a wonderful character flaw for Solaufien that he tries to hide (like he he did in the underdark). Story/role-playing wise it should surprise for the PC to hear Undead Solaufien talk about power when Bodhi converts him.  I would recommend any Dark Side chats should be -AFTER- Sola becomes undead and brought back to life. Might be something for ToB conversations? ^_^ I'd volunteer to write these dialogues but... I'm not good being evil. *sniff* However I’ve been pondering some banters outside of the subject on this post with Sola and the PC. Wes-sama, would you mind if I send them to you after I’m done as suggestions, mayhap?

Oh, do you mind if I call you Wes-sama or something else?  :unsure:                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Another tune-down?
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2002, 07:33:02 PM »
Oh, do you mind if I call you Wes-sama or something else?

Depends, do I get to call you Deedlit? Sorry, your picture looks somewhat like her. You may call me whatever you like. Wes-sama is slightly nicer than some other epithets I've gotten ( especially from tactics mod users ... ) .

I think a lust for power is a wonderful character flaw for Solaufien that he tries to hide (like he he did in the underdark). Story/role-playing wise it should surprise for the PC to hear Undead Solaufien talk about power when Bodhi converts him. I would recommend any Dark Side chats should be -AFTER- Sola becomes undead and brought back to life.

You may have to joust with Kiki on this point. Be wary -- the CSoH in training can be fiesty.

I'd volunteer to write these dialogues but... I'm not good being evil. *sniff* However I’ve been pondering some banters outside of the subject on this post with Sola and the PC. Wes-sama, would you mind if I send them to you after I’m done as suggestions, mayhap?

We all have our little crosses to bear. I have been told that I'm not particularly good at writing "simple" or "needy" ... or whatever it is that prevents my Aerie and Minsc characterizations from having massive appeal.

If you are so kind to write dialogue and send it to me, you may be (pleasantly?) surprised to discover that some edited form of it will appear in a Sola mod release. That has certainly happened a few times in the past. I encourage and solicit submissions and suggestions. For example, I recently got some nice "book of poety" dialogue in the mail, so the next Sola update will probably feature the possibility of buying a little gift for Sola.                    

Kiki

Another tune-down?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2002, 12:16:20 AM »
You may have to joust with Kiki on this point. Be wary -- the CSoH in training can be fiesty.

Actually, I agree with Sphira on this point, although having a foreshadowing chat might be OK so that it's not a total shocker to the one player who doesn't read spoilers first. And I prefer "fiery" to "feisty," incidentally. :)

For example, I recently got some nice "book of poety" dialogue in the mail, so the next Sola update will probably feature the possibility of buying a little gift for Sola.
Extra credit if you can name the band from whom a line was stolen.                    

[!--EDIT|Kiki|Nov 12 2002, 08:20 AM--]

Kiki

Another tune-down?
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2002, 12:28:15 AM »
By the way, Wes, when do I graduate and become a full-fledged CSoH? Is there a test? :)                    

L_Jonté

Another tune-down?
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2002, 08:37:04 AM »
Perhaps Lisa Jonte or Kiki (our Chief Standard of Happines in Training) could chime in here with their take on whether Solaufein is more than just battles?

Stepping in a bit late in the conversation...

Yes, Solaufein is most certainly more than battles.  Frankly, having played BGII through several times I now get bored with a most of the battles.  Kill monster, get treasure... bah!  (Anymore I skim over the battle nonsense by conjuring the best weapons and skills through the magic of Shadowkeeper.)

I am far more interested in plumbing the depths of the characters in my party than anything else.  This is where Solaufein really shines.*  Wes has gone to extrordinary effort to write dialogue for a whole host of contingencies.  Not to get too Anne-of-Green-Gables about it, but Sola offers a great deal of scope for one's imagination.

*Kelsey is also quite plumb-a-riffic.  Lots of dialogue.  Lots of chances for interaction.  Far more than BioWare ever allowed for.                    

L_Jonté

Another tune-down?
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2002, 08:38:28 AM »
Kiki?  Did you write the dialogue for the book then?  Can I see it?  Pleeeeeeeeeeze?  ^_^                    

Kaylord

Another tune-down?
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2002, 08:46:02 AM »
There´s nothing to add to what Kish said about OOC/IC and why I do not like Kikis method of "tuning down".

But, let me try to explain why I in general do not like "supermans" in my party anymore:

Minsc. Not 100% effective with present class. Change to Barbarian or Berserker.
Valygar. Not effective since ToB only 2xbackstab. Make him Archer.
Mazzy. Make her Archer, too.
charname: Make him Kensai/Mage, Ranger/Cleric, F/T, F/M, F/T/M with a healthy XP-boost, or any other uber-combo.
(You could go into the stats of all , too, and optimize)

Result: A somewhat uniform ("cloned") game experience. Boring after the first two times (ok, make it three...) This happened to me, at least...

So, I reverted back to the original non-optimally-designed characters. Playing them as *characters*, and not as statistics about what is best THACO/spell/orwhatever-combo (in terms of game-rules) and at the same time trying to optimize them IC with all their "in-built" strenghts and weaknesses, suddenly I discovered new nuances and details of the story, and, btw, also of the rules.

Sadly and inevitably, after a (long) while, it became boring, too. So I started searching for mods. New incentives, new epics, new stories. I found Kelsey, I found Soulafein, I found Imoen, and there are many more awaiting...

It may be just me, but if Soula really is superman (I still did not reach underddark yet...), I would find myself a bit "thrown back" in my personal evolution of game experience. So that´s why I am personally interested in a tuned-down version, which is thus comparable to other "normal" and non-uber-optimized characters.

I hope this is not too confusing? It´s difficult to explain.

Of course, I can use SK. Remains to explain why I suggest Weimer as the author another (I read that he already did a tune-down before...) tuned-down version.

Because I feel that mods come closest to the original spirit of the game when they are "balanced" in the described way. Every npc in game should have a pro and a contra. With Soulafein, there probably could be too many pros without contras.

Anyway, just my opinion... and let me edit/add and again stress that I am sure and really, really looking forward towards to having the *character* Soulafein in my party!

(while pondering about contras....BTW and totally OT: ever wondered why Viconia has a proficiency-slot in maces but can´t wield one because of low strenght?).                    

[!--EDIT|Kaylord|Nov 12 2002, 04:50 PM--]

Kaylord

Another tune-down?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2002, 09:01:13 AM »
Oh, do you mind if I call you Wes-sama or something else?

Depends, do I get to call you Deedlit? Sorry, your picture looks somewhat like her.
ROFL

and surely no pun intended, since Deedlit is *so* cute! Cuter than Aerie and Mazzy together!

Ouch, Mazzy, let me be...Ouch, Mazzy, that was a compliment... ouch...!
 :D                    

[!--EDIT|Kaylord|Nov 12 2002, 05:01 PM--]

Rassadihn

Another tune-down?
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2002, 09:28:45 AM »
It may be just me, but if Soula really is superman (I still did not reach underddark yet...),
I'm suddenly getting images of Sola hopping off to the nearest tree/dark corner/outhouse to prepare for fights. `This looks like a job for...' *buff buff buff* `SOLAUFEIN!'                    

Kaylord

Another tune-down?
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2002, 10:19:51 AM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Wes, any chance to get this into an additional dialogue, maybe during combat???

(with Jan enchanting a big magical S on Soulas chest each time a *buff* goes off...)                    

[!--EDIT|Kaylord|Nov 12 2002, 06:23 PM--]

KaPe

Another tune-down?
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2002, 10:55:14 AM »
Hm, I actually thought that Sola was to weak to compare with the rest of my party(4 chars, all my own creations) I haven't even noticed all those extra spells, and tsuki-no-ken was annoying me because of it's "free-action"(no IH), and this awfully low CON :D  And no, I'm not a "powergamer" and my chars aren't 18/3 (something around 18/10  :rolleyes:  ) Maybe i'll give him a chance... but then again, I haven't used "mage" for a long time, so I probably won't like it anyway ;)
OT: Wes-sama, heh, that was nice... Next time it will be Wes-chan... How cute  :D                    

KaPe

Another tune-down?
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2002, 10:58:37 AM »
doh... sorry for my english... well, it's (almost) understandable(or sth)                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: