Author Topic: Priority for new WeiDU documentation?  (Read 2015 times)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Priority for new WeiDU documentation?
« on: November 04, 2002, 10:03:30 AM »
(Others, feel free to pipe up with what you'd like to see documented in what order, but I'd like to know where Wes thinks the gaps are, too.)

I'm feeling like doing some WeiDU documentation again. What areas do you think should get updated soonest?

Here's a partial list, made mostly of "things I know aren't documented much, that I more or less fully comprehend and am therefore qualified to write up:"

- A_S_T/A_T_T

- A list of "Things you should never use, and the situations in which it might be okay to use them." (REPLACE, STRING_SET, REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT, REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT, !strref SAY, etc.)

- A brief ADD_MUSIC writeup finally

- Something else that hasn't occurred to me.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

japheth

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 11:25:28 AM »
Maybe the crazy tra thing should be documented as well.  I can do that as well as maybe a blurb on how to use COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP and EXTEND_TOP/BOTTOM_REGEXP.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 12:33:04 PM »
What crazy TRA thing?

My TODO file includes a reminder to change chain3/interject/i_c_t to mention that DO actions are allowed, chain can end in exit or copy_trans, initial conditions are possible, etc.

Thanks for offering to write some docs, Jason. I am much obliged.                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2002, 01:02:48 PM »
What crazy TRA thing?
Forceify, presumably.

My TODO file includes a reminder to change chain3/interject/i_c_t to mention that DO actions are allowed, chain can end in exit or copy_trans, initial conditions are possible, etc.

Yeah, I had "update that CHAIN tutorial again" on the list somewhere. If Blue doesn't return from self-imposed Net exile soon I may just have to fix up her banter tutorial myself soon as well.

You still didn't tell me what you'd rather see me do FIRST.                    

[!--EDIT|jcompton|Nov 4 2002, 03:03 PM--]
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

japheth

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 02:23:33 PM »
What crazy TRA thing?

The LANGUAGE tp2 action where WeiDU automatically knows what the top directory is.  I may be alone in this, but it confused the hell out of me when I looked at the docs.                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2002, 07:09:45 PM »
Okay, CHAIN tutorial updated for uberchain mode is sent.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: