Author Topic: Compatibility - TDD  (Read 2491 times)

SpiritWarrior

Compatibility - TDD
« on: November 01, 2002, 06:13:28 PM »
Ok am I right in saying that none of the WEIDU mods work with an SOA-TDD installation? Some people say they do some people say they don't and that I must have TOB installed.
I have only SOA but would really love to install the WEIDU mods with my Team Bg's TDD mod. If I can't does anyone know of ANY mods that work with an SOA-TDD installation? Any help would be greatly appreciated :D                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Compatibility - TDD
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2002, 06:58:01 PM »
We have had many confirmed success reports with TDD-ToB.

I don't recall hearing anything with TDD-SoA. There was a time when only SoA was available, and TDD was quite buggy at that time. If you're using some "new and improved, bugfixed" version of TDD-SoA, have high hopes.

Why don't you try it and tell us how it works? Install TDD-SoA first, then install the WeiDU mods? If they don't work, just uninstall them.                    

Compatibility - TDD
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2002, 03:37:20 AM »
Cool and thank you for the prompt reply!
I've installed 3 mods on top of TDD lol, so fingers crossed (Sol, Ease & Item mod). I hope it dosent matter that I installed them without starting a fresh game/installation of BG2 but hey so far so good and they seem to be working too!
Ill keep you posted on how it goes.                    

SpiritWarrior

Compatibility - TDD
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2002, 03:38:36 AM »
above message is from me - forgot to add nick :D                    

Aubrey

Compatibility - TDD
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2002, 03:58:58 AM »
On the TDD forums there are people keep saying that TDD won't work with Weidu mods if they are installed on top of TDD, because Weidu "can't handle large bif files". It was written under a thread titled, "Warning! Tashia and Kelsey aren't compatible with TDD 1.0.3 ToB!"

Tashia and Kelsey aren't compatible. Normaly you can't install them on top of TDD 1.0.3 because their WeiDU relase can't handle large bif files. But don't do it with an updated WeiDU either! They install and corrupt your game (they'll mess up your Songlist.2da, probably by grabbing SoA songlist instead of ToB songlist, preventing hearing many ToB and some SoA songs. They aren't meant for TDD 1.0.3 keyfile even with TDD 1.0.3 for ToB only keyfix update)! Uninstalling them normaly corrects game errors. THIS IS AN INCOMPATIBILITY ISSUE AND NOT A BUG. SO IT'S NOBODY'S FAULT.

As for poor Sola mod, I found no relative topic or/and comments.

The thread can be found here                    

[!--EDIT|Aubrey|Nov 2 2002, 02:08 PM--]

hlidskialf

Compatibility - TDD
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2002, 04:07:39 AM »
As I understand it they DO work with TDD now. I believe Wes tweaked Weidu a while back to handle the larger biffs. There are a lot of people who use Weidu mods on TDD and have them work just fine. (My self included.) As for those specific mods, I wouldn't swear either way but I believe Kelsey's problem was corrected and should work. Someone had also posted that Tashia worked but only if you changed the mod's setup to the current Weidu. I haven't seen anything since the post you quoted saying they don't work. *shrugs* worth a shot 'eh?                    

Aubrey

Compatibility - TDD
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2002, 04:18:27 AM »
It seems confusing to me that players report playing having no problem at all, while others claim there is compatibility issue...  :unsure:

Once I had played TDD with no other mods installed, and that was some time ago, when TDD patches were coming in beta versions. Yet, I'm not a TDD (or technical for that matter) authority.                    

Compatibility - TDD
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2002, 06:39:35 AM »
I installed "Shadows over Soubar" and most of the WeiDu Mods. Than I cheated Solaufein and he speaked "normal" without any problems. But when I leaved the Irenicus Dungeon everything crasehd down :(

I installed "Reign of Virtue" and the Solaufein Mod. I cheated Solaufein and he speaks really strange :(

I installed TDD with most of the WeiDu Mods (not Valen, Spells and Ilyich) and I cheated Solaufein. He speaked normal. When I leaved the Irenicus Dungeon I had no problems - everything was fine :) Thats all I can say about this until now.

Compatibility - TDD
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2002, 06:41:37 AM »
The GUEST - its me: LUMP

Sorry, I have some PC problems at the moment (NOT my fault this time)

SpiritWarrior

Compatibility - TDD
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2002, 11:15:18 AM »
Well just to let you know Weimer...So far the game works fine with the TDD, Ease, Sol, Valen and Item-Upgrade mod except for the Twisted Rune. The Lich - the main guy who first appears will not load basically.

Just as he is appearing the game crashes. Its obviously something to do with the improved twisted rune part on the Sol mod as I uninstalled that and it worked fine. Just letting ya know!                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Compatibility - TDD
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2002, 12:09:47 PM »
You know, you are the second person to report the "lich appearing in the imp twisted rune causes game to crash" bug. Do you have Spell-50 installed?                    

SpiritWarrior

Compatibility - TDD
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2002, 02:32:37 AM »
No just the mods I mentioned above. As I said when I uninstalled the 'improved twisted rune' part in the Sol mod it worked fine - so I then just reinstalled it afterwards  (i had completed the twisted rune but just installed it back on for the hell of it)  and away I went - no probs.                    

kinneer

Compatibility - TDD
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2002, 02:45:15 AM »

Just to add my little bit. I too have TDD-Tob installed with Weimer's mod. Almost all of them except for the following,

Ascension
Improved Ilyich
Ritual
Improved Bodhi

I did not encounter any game crash, I completed the improved Twisted Rune without any problems. All of Wiemer's mod worked withour problems. I did have have problems on the TDD side.

Some of the quests were uncompletable because certain key NPCs were not appearing. Without spoiling too much, the Talos priest did not appear for me whereas it did for others. Others have tried removing Sola completely, by reinstalling, not but uninstalling which fixed the problem. I tried just unstalling Sola but didn't fix it.

As Weimer said, some have had success, others did not. For me, it was semi-successful, except for the Talo priest.

Kinneer.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: