Author Topic: Valen romance  (Read 104052 times)

alustriel

Valen romance
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2002, 01:57:31 PM »
This has to be the best Valen Romance idea I've ever seen. Then they can leave the party together and Wes will no longer have to listen to people whining about not-enough-Sola-content (guilty as charged) OR why-can't-I-get-lucky-with-Valen.
With your permission, I advise you to read posts before replying to them.
                    :huh:

Maybe it's just me but I'm pretty SURE she did read the post when replying...  :rolleyes:   Maybe you misunderstood Kiki's post....??  :P                    

chevalier des Trois-Tours

Valen romance
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2002, 03:28:38 PM »
This has to be the best Valen Romance idea I've ever seen. Then they can leave the party together and Wes will no longer have to listen to people whining about not-enough-Sola-content (guilty as charged) OR why-can't-I-get-lucky-with-Valen.
With your permission, I advise you to read posts before replying to them.
:huh:

Maybe it's just me but I'm pretty SURE she did read the post when replying...  :rolleyes:   Maybe you misunderstood Kiki's post....??  :P
I'm afraid I did not misunderstand her. I strongly insist that I am not whining nor is 'why-can't-I-get-lucky-with-Valen' an appropriate summary of what I said. Regards.

[!--EDIT|chevalier des Trois-Tours|Dec 7 2002, 10:34 PM--]

Hendryk

Valen romance
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2002, 03:31:53 PM »
I doubt you should take that bit personally.  She's just rather whimsically summarizing all male reaction to the idea of Valen romance in the phrase.                    

Valen romance
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2002, 03:38:15 PM »
I doubt you should take that bit personally.  She's just rather whimsically summarizing all male reaction to the idea of Valen romance in the phrase.
While I agree with you, I also believe that making spiteful comments is not a good way of showing off oneself. The effect is quite contrary, I'm afraid.                    

[!--EDIT|chevalier des Trois-Tours|Dec 7 2002, 10:39 PM--]

Hendryk

Valen romance
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2002, 03:52:12 PM »
Nah.  If she's American that certainly wouldn't be considered spiteful, just mildly flippant.  Especially since it's just an aside - her main point being that Wes Weimer could use an Undead Sola-Valen affair to get out doing two different things that apparently he doesn't much want to do.  So don't let it ruffle any feathers, my friend, because there certainly was no such intent and on these boards you've got to make allowances for that.                    

Valen romance
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2002, 04:06:31 PM »
Nah.  If she's American that certainly wouldn't be considered spiteful, just mildly flippant.  Especially since it's just an aside - her main point being that Wes Weimer could use an Undead Sola-Valen affair to get out doing two different things that apparently he doesn't much want to do.  So don't let it ruffle any feathers, my friend, because there certainly was no such intent and on these boards you've got to make allowances for that.
                   Even without intent, people should care about their words. Or I am stuffy and outdated. Take one of these two according to your liking.                    

Hendryk

Valen romance
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2002, 04:54:57 PM »
Even without intent, people should care about their words. Or I am stuffy and outdated. Take one of these two according to your liking.
                   Ya know, there is an unexcluded middle ground between the alternatives you posit.                    

Valen romance
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2002, 05:04:25 PM »
Ya know, there is an unexcluded middle ground between the alternatives you posit.
Hehe, not quite right. Tertium non datur. Just an alternative :D But I suppose we're spamming the topic. I'm done with this I suppose.                    

[!--EDIT|chevalier des Trois-Tours|Dec 8 2002, 12:05 AM--]

Auvrin

Valen romance
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2002, 02:56:13 AM »
Valen... In my personal opinion, I would say aim for her finding herself on her own, or calling the PC or Imoen Master/Mistress with the loss of Miss B. (no pun intended).  A romance with a killer wouldn't hold any flavor, except for maybe the PC's tainted blood.  She wouldn't hold back the urge to kill someone when getting to close to her. She was meant to be a killer, that's hard to change, and can't be changed if the person isn't willing.  Valen was VERY obviously meant to be evil, considering you have to side with Miss B. to even get her.  Then you also have to take a huge rep loss for killing the paladins.  An evil character would strive for power, and if it wasn't power for themselves, it would be power they could use within another person.   'De-vamping' and romance aren't really part of the grand evil plan, and if you want seduction, expect to be dead in the morning.  The only thing a vampire would want from a warm body is it's blood.                    

quest

Valen romance
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2002, 11:26:25 AM »
Heres my take on this subject....
one....did valen to be a vamp in the first place and if she didnt then she isnt inherently evil therefore even with the loss of her soul and killing people she still has the memories of feelings and love and compassion.
  two .... a great way to implimit a love quest for valen is to stop her from killing over time even if you do kill innocent people in the beginning ....a redemption mod that somehow involves valen bringing down her master, bohdi, or maybe involving taking down the entire vampire circle.
three....the bottom line is this if a person is good there job is to cleanse the world of evil whether its destroying it ,converting it or "loving it to good"....so it could be done .....after all if anyone ever watched the series "buffy the vampire slayer" then they would know that vampires can be powerful forces of good.

just my thoughts    :rolleyes:                    

Auvrin

Valen romance
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2002, 05:19:34 PM »
Heres my take on this subject....
one....did valen to be a vamp in the first place and if she didnt then she isnt inherently evil therefore even with the loss of her soul and killing people she still has the memories of feelings and love and compassion.
  two .... a great way to implimit a love quest for valen is to stop her from killing over time even if you do kill innocent people in the beginning ....a redemption mod that somehow involves valen bringing down her master, bohdi, or maybe involving taking down the entire vampire circle.
three....the bottom line is this if a person is good there job is to cleanse the world of evil whether its destroying it ,converting it or "loving it to good"....so it could be done .....after all if anyone ever watched the series "buffy the vampire slayer" then they would know that vampires can be powerful forces of good.

just my thoughts    :rolleyes:
                   As I recall, Valen chose to become a vampire.  Correct me if I'm wrong of course.  Not only that, but she was chosen because of her lack in her previous life and her potential for being a killer.

Let evil be evil, and good be good.  There are plenty of 'good' mods already out there, and even more in the making.                    

Eocine

Valen romance
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2002, 05:23:30 PM »
I have to agree, whilst I'd like to see Valen "fleshed out" if you will I don't want to see her
a) be romanceable
or
B) be redeemable.                    

[!--EDIT|Eocine|Dec 16 2002, 01:23 AM--]

Renegade ++RIP++

Valen romance
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2002, 05:42:16 PM »
.....after all if anyone ever watched the series "buffy the vampire slayer" then they would know that vampires can be powerful forces of good.
I think you are a little mistaken in the reference.

If it is a good vampire that you are searching for then you should say blade ;)

And did you know they already made 2 films and a serie from it , so the topic must be popular :D

oh and top of that let evil be evil, look at some of the best movies/series , there you will always see something evil turned in something good. So with this I mean, an evil person becomes good through the actions that he takes and the love that he has for one person, even if it is an abominable being :D

cheers

PS: I myself am also not that into having a relationship with a vampire but maybe that is just because I'm xenofobic :D                    

[!--EDIT|Renegade ++RIP++|Dec 16 2002, 12:47 AM--]

Hendryk

Valen romance
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2002, 06:21:04 PM »
You could turn that around, too.  A large part of the majesty of LotR is the tragedy of Good succumbing to the lure of Evil; considering the whole history of Middle Earth, this was much more common.  Redemption was only possible on the border; hence, Boromir and the the old king of Rohan were redeemed although it cost both their lives.  

Not great role-playing material though.                    

foogla

Valen romance
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2002, 06:59:36 AM »
My only comment: Valen forces the player into situations where he has no choice but to be evil, it's like he's on a railroad into the abyss. I guess not many people like that. :/

One major complaint: The Vampire Hunters can show up anytime, anywhere.

Right now I am inside the planar sphere, and Van Helsing is camping outside. In those cramped quarters I have no chance to defeat him (well actually he just kills Valen since they all spawn basically on top of her and goes off). I actually thought I had the exp figured out (so that I could leave the sphere) but forgot the quest exp. :/

Auvrin

Valen romance
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2002, 08:01:06 AM »
My only comment: Valen forces the player into situations where he has no choice but to be evil, it's like he's on a railroad into the abyss. I guess not many people like that. :/

It is kinda ment to be an evil mod after all.....                    

serjeLeBlade

Valen romance
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2002, 09:03:04 AM »
A completely different point of wiev about the matter...

At present, I'm not playing with Valen for just 1 reason: she's not romanceable and she cuts off Aerie's romance.
I will never want to play without a romance and I've romanced Viconia, Jaheria, Kelsey and Sola enough.
If Valen would be romanceable, I'd create an evil character at once just to play with her.

Obviously, Valen's would have to be a very different kind of romance and I agree that the term "romance" is maybe not even appropriate.
But I would say that a Valen "relationship" is doable and needed.
Even better if it turns out as a really evil and creepy thing.... You know, vampires who love each other don't make love together. They hunt together. And an evil bhaalspawn could make a finest and delightful hunt mate for any vampire, I'd say.

("sunset" cutscene)
Valen - Look, darling... sun is setting again, at last ... time has come to have our very special playtime together one more time, I hope?"  B)
(removes sunglasses)

Pretty obvious she's a bloodthirsty murderer.
In fact, she should force the pc to do things even more evil than any evil player would ever do by himself... like killing innocents just for fun.
And she would break the "romance" (to say the very least) if the pc doesn't complies.
(Just as Jaheira would if you don't get along with all her harpers nonsense).

(Does it make sense or not? Tell me! Even flames are welcome)  :rolleyes:                    

Hendryk

Valen romance
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2002, 03:31:56 PM »

You know, vampires who love each other don't make love together. They hunt together. And an evil bhaalspawn could make a finest and delightful hunt mate for any vampire, I'd say.

("sunset" cutscene)
Valen - Look, darling... sun is setting again, at last ... time has come to have our very special playtime together one more time, I hope?"  B)
(removes sunglasses)

In fact, she should force the pc to do things even more evil than any evil player would ever do by himself... like killing innocents just for fun.
And she would break the "romance" (to say the very least) if the pc doesn't complies.

Very nice take on it; seduction to Evil.  I would like it even better if she could do this to a Good character who's fool enough to take her along because she is so powerful.                    

[!--EDIT|Hendryk|Dec 16 2002, 11:33 PM--]

Auvrin

Valen romance
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2002, 07:38:41 PM »

You know, vampires who love each other don't make love together. They hunt together. And an evil bhaalspawn could make a finest and delightful hunt mate for any vampire, I'd say.

("sunset" cutscene)
(removes sunglasses)

Very nice take on it; seduction to Evil.  I would like it even better if she could do this to a Good character who's fool enough to take her along because she is so powerful.
                   Better yet, have her kill the PC for trying to romance her to begin with and end the game.  

As for not playing because it's not a romance.  That is fully, and utterly, your loss.  I can only imagine you don't plan to play Keto either, just because you can't romance her.  

Being perfectly honest.. As much as Valen forces the PC to be evil, I would be whole heartedly disapointed if she didn't end up trying to kill the PC to get a taste of divine blood, unless she had adopted the PC or Imoen as a new Master/Mistress... In which case.. all bets are off and she's pretty much a thrall.                    

Hendryk

Valen romance
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2002, 09:14:34 PM »
Being perfectly honest.. As much as Valen forces the PC to be evil, I would be whole heartedly disapointed if she didn't end up trying to kill the PC to get a taste of divine blood, unless she had adopted the PC or Imoen as a new Master/Mistress... In which case.. all bets are off and she's pretty much a thrall.
                   This, I think, is what Serje meant - not a sexual/romantic relationship but a psychic seduction toward Evil; in short, a relationship mod.  And her drive toward such an end would not be lessened if Valen were a thrall to the PC.  If anything, she'd probably try harder to bring it about in hopes of gaining the upper hand over the PC in the process (via making the PC a vampire of her creation or some other means).                    

Auvrin

Valen romance
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2002, 11:12:20 PM »
Again... I would rather see Valen have more depth as a character before a romance/relationship is even considered.  More NPC banter.. More PC banter... As well as seeing the TOB half finished as well.  Who knows, you may just be satisfied with the finished product without it.(It's also less work and time on the maker's part since so many of you have taken that into consideration.   [_[ )                    

Hendryk

Valen romance
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2002, 04:18:55 PM »
As far as I can see, we're talking about the same thing here; only adding a suggestion about the direction for the added depth and banters to take.                    

Auvrin

Valen romance
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2002, 07:01:20 PM »
As far as I can see, we're talking about the same thing here; only adding a suggestion about the direction for the added depth and banters to take.
                   Romances require a bit more work then just a regular NPC would.  There are more variables to add and so forth, not to mention the amount of PC related banter.  The reason I would suggest finishing her as a character first, is for the simple fact of making her a very worthwhile character through the entire game, without having to romance her.  Once that's done, then add the option to romance her if you feel it's still needed.  In other words.. Take the route that involves less work first, and see if it makes people happy befor making it a massive project.                    

Ka'Victus

Valen romance
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2002, 10:36:23 PM »
Hi, people. I have downloaded Valen mod for a while and have been screening through all the Valen related discussions in the forum with a question weighed in my mind. While all of you are enjoying the mod, I am worried about one thing --- can Valen stay with the group through Throne of Bhaal?  Someone please tell me!  [_[                    

Kish

Valen romance
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2002, 10:37:56 PM »
Yes, she can.  As long as you're willing to embrace Evil.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: