Author Topic: Valen romance  (Read 104303 times)

Auvrin

Valen romance
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2002, 08:15:31 PM »
Otoh, I'm not interested in writing the dialogues of my vampiresque would-be romance myself. I would be spoiling my own fun... ! Sorry!

Prime example of why I don't bother to respond fully to any of your posts.

However, considering you want a reply, here you go and remember that you asked for it.

It would seem you would be happy romancing a blow-up doll, if you scotch taped a knife into it's hand and sprinkled a little ketchup over it.  Perfect partner for the slayer?  There is no perfect partner for a spawn of murder that embraces death to the fullest.  You toss two blood thirsty killers in a room, don't expect them to come out holding hands.                    

Hendryk

Valen romance
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2002, 10:39:23 PM »
There is no perfect partner for a spawn of murder that embraces death to the fullest.  You toss two blood thirsty killers in a room, don't expect them to come out holding hands.
                   This pretty well defines the difference between your attitutde toward Evil and most other "Evil" proponents, including Bioware (who portray Korgan as being as psychotically bloodthirsty as Valen and still let him hold the PC's hand throughout with hardly a murmur; others, of course, aren't so fortunate).  Mostly, these believe being "Evil" involves nothing more than grotesque nautiness, being at liberty to kill annoying or helpless "stage prop" NPCs without any real game effect otherwise.

You, on the other hand, take Evil seriously; truly Evil acts would necessarily involve grim, even tragic, consequences for the PC and all associates.  I absolutely agree with this logic but it is a minority view.  From a game perspective, it also has the drawback of being extremely difficult to play unless the PC is on a more or less solo adventure.  I post this only because I think some of the acerbity could be profitably eliminated from this thread if everyone involved took it for granted that they hold fundamentally different views on the role of Evil in a computer game.

Trau

Valen romance
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2002, 11:03:23 PM »
Trau, actually helping out in a productive manner might go over far better than telling people to either support it or keep quiet.  Put your money where your mouth is and write up some dialogs that make Valen more of a character.

All Weimer needs to do is ask.                    

Trau

Valen romance
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2002, 01:32:19 AM »
Boy, this modding stuff sure looks hard. I want to make my own stuff so much that I don't want to play BGII till I've done it...Anyone able to comment on how long it takes to get good at these things?                    

Eocine

Valen romance
« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2002, 08:05:46 AM »

It would seem you would be happy romancing a blow-up doll, if you scotch taped a knife into it's hand and sprinkled a little ketchup over it.  .
Works for me                    

[!--EDIT|Eocine|Dec 26 2002, 04:06 PM--]

Auvrin

Valen romance
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2002, 11:19:59 AM »
You, on the other hand, take Evil seriously; truly Evil acts would necessarily involve grim, even tragic, consequences for the PC and all associates. I absolutely agree with this logic but it is a minority view. From a game perspective, it also has the drawback of being extremely difficult to play unless the PC is on a more or less solo adventure. I post this only because I think some of the acerbity could be profitably eliminated from this thread if everyone involved took it for granted that they hold fundamentally different views on the role of Evil in a computer game.

Evil always ends up watered down in games to appease the masses.  I agree with you that BG2 is very hard to play as an evil character, even by role play standards.  One of the mods I'm working on will hopefully correct some of this.  A party of evil character's that would sooner kill you then the enemy unless you display extreme force and otherwise evil acts against your cohorts.  This however will be my second project to the other NPC I'm working on.                    

Trau

Valen romance
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2002, 02:31:20 PM »
All Weimer needs to do is ask.

By this I mean dialogues, and not dialogs.   :D I'm rather incompetnt at coding right now.                    

serjeLeBlade

Valen romance
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2002, 10:06:19 PM »
Otoh, I'm not interested in writing the dialogues of my vampiresque would-be romance myself. I would be spoiling my own fun... ! Sorry!

Prime example of why I don't bother to respond fully to any of your posts.

However, considering you want a reply, here you go and remember that you asked for it.

It would seem you would be happy romancing a blow-up doll, if you scotch taped a knife into it's hand and sprinkled a little ketchup over it.  Perfect partner for the slayer?  There is no perfect partner for a spawn of murder that embraces death to the fullest.  You toss two blood thirsty killers in a room, don't expect them to come out holding hands.
About replying me just because I asked, all I can say is "thank you".
Your line sounds threatening but I can't find anything offensive or disturbing in all of your post.

I asked for your opinion and got it.
It's quite fair for me!

So the ideal partner for the Slayer does not exists.
What a pity!
I'll just say again that Valen has potential for it and should be worked upon.
Point me to some altenative if you wish.
I'm not saying or implying that my point of view could be better than yours!

You toss two blood thirsty killers in a room, don't expect them to come out holding hands.

Agreed. (This looks like you're quoting me from somewhere else... Gamebanshee I guess...) Funny. I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional. Do you ever browse Gamebanshee... ?

But about the blown-up doll, I'm a little puzzled. Are you implying that I know nothing about evil? Ore are you actually stating that Valen makes no adequate partner for an evil Bhaalspawn?
Again, I'm asking just because I'd like to read your answer.
I'm sorry if it troubles you in any way.

[!--EDIT|serjeLeBlade|Dec 27 2002, 06:20 AM--]

Auvrin

Valen romance
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2002, 12:41:00 AM »
Do you ever browse Gamebanshee... ?

I believe this is the first time I've even heard the name, so no.

But about the blown-up doll, I'm a little puzzled. Are you implying that I know nothing about evil? Ore are you actually stating that Valen makes no adequate partner for an evil Bhaalspawn?

No to both.  It means that it seems you would be happy with a romance to anything so long as it looked evil, despite wether it had character or not.                    

Hendryk

Valen romance
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2002, 04:24:00 AM »
I'm an Evil guy.

Valen's an Evil girl.

She's more effective than Viccy.

She's Undead, which is cool.

She wears tight spandex pants.

Ergo: Valen should be romanceable.

Hey, go for it.  The point is to enjoy the game yourself, right?                    

Auvrin

Valen romance
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2002, 09:42:28 AM »
I'm an Evil guy.

Valen's an Evil girl.

Should I snicker now or later?  :rolleyes:                    

Eocine

Valen romance
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2002, 12:55:14 PM »
I'm an Evil guy.

Valen's an Evil girl.

Hey, go for it.  The point is to enjoy the game yourself, right?
                   If you set it to music I'd predict global domination                    

Trau

Valen romance
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2002, 02:38:38 PM »
It means that it seems you would be happy with a romance to anything so long as it looked evil, despite wether it had character or not.

And why should it matter to you?                    

Auvrin

Valen romance
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2002, 05:21:10 PM »
And why should it matter to you?

Good question, where was your name in that post?

As for anyone else, no, they don't matter to me.  Valen as a mod is the topic however, and if an example within a figure of speech would get a point across so be it.  

Though it's become more then obvious words are utterly wasted in this debate, so I wont continue.  Simply put, my opinion still stands.. If anything more is done with Valen, she should be finished as a character and fleshed out a bit more.  I don't feel a romance would be worth the large amount of time and work until she had a bit more to her then just being a walking weapon.                    

Hendryk

Valen romance
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2002, 07:16:45 PM »
True, there's nothing in the mod now to build a relationship on.  But there is plenty in our general culture to generate speculation about what a relationship with a vampire might be like - and Valen is at least a less unsuitable focus for such speculation than Bodhi.

Myself, I think it would be interesting to watch an Evil NPC try to lead the PC from petty, run-of-the-mill selfish Evil to an impersonal, almost mystical Evil-as-an-end-in-itself.  And I think this thread is a suitable place to express such interest.  Weimer has no time or inclination to implement any such thing?  Fine.  That's his call absolutely.  But I don't see why I should limit my thoughts based on what he might or might not decide.                    

serjeLeBlade

Valen romance
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2002, 09:55:12 PM »
No to both.  It means that it seems you would be happy with a romance to anything so long as it looked evil, despite wether it had character or not.
Thank you again for answering.

(What you say could be true... if nothing better would happen to be available at the moment).

But I believe that if Weimer will decide to work more on Valen, her character would improve anyway... "evil seduction" or not.
(I've definitely abandoned the term "romance" myself... )

Trau

Valen romance
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2002, 10:19:35 PM »
Good question, where was your name in that post?

I fail to see how that matters, as well. You seem to care too much about how folks play on their own pc.                    

Kish

Valen romance
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2002, 12:09:41 AM »
I fail to see how that matters, as well. You seem to care too much about how folks play on their own pc.
                   You are not asking for changes to Valen on your PC.  You are asking for changes to the Valen who everyone who wants the most updated version of the mod will be playing with.                    

Trau

Valen romance
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2002, 01:22:52 AM »
A romance could be avoided. It could be an installment option, or a dialogue option like with Solaufein, or you could just not get the latest versions.

I will say this...Perhaps the premise for this thread was the wrong one. I think we should move, like Auvrin has said, to 'fleshing' out her character. I think I have a few pretty cool ideas as to the direction of her character.                    

Apfelstrudel

Valen romance
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2002, 01:33:35 PM »
Ok, I thing to romance Valen! Would be one of the coolest things ever!!
Exspecially because she is a Vampire. Including the possibility that Valen coul betray the protagonist and come back later (or something like that).
I thing a romance would be very exiting!!! personal opinion!!                    

serjeLeBlade

Valen romance
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2003, 10:47:14 PM »
There's no need to move.
People interested in the matter are here already.
Master Weimer was asking for some kind of consent, but...
"To Ask is not very like as "To Get""
:rolleyes:

There's people who want more *Valen*under these undoubtledtly stormy skyes, master.
Are they going to get more?

Morgoth

Valen romance
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2003, 06:55:20 AM »
A romance is bad for one she is the enemy duh! And two she's undead. Kinda sick if you want to romance a corpse.                    

foogla

Valen romance
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2003, 09:59:22 AM »
BG2 Mods - For all your Necrophelia and Incest needs!

*sheesh*

Now where is that Cernd romance, we could add Bestiality to that slogan ("Dude! He's a WOLF!!").

Also technically she isn't a corpse, she is an uncorpse. :P

ou812

Valen romance
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2003, 08:41:28 PM »
:huh:                    

Cybersquirt

Valen romance
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2003, 05:42:07 AM »
You know.. after reading this thread and thinking about it for a few days, I'm really liking the idea of a Valen seduction.  Isn't that what we read  about vampires?  They seduce, albeit to feed, but they seduce none-the-less.  Why not try to seduce for power as well?  You're a spawn of Bhaal, after all, and that kind of power lures many into it's web.  Or, perhaps it only serves to get you in over your head.  :lol:

Not a romance, period.  Not a redemption/reclaimation.. there's enough goodness out there and more on the way.  She'd always be evil.. *maybe* get her to NE as opposed to CE once you've established youself as her new master/mistress.

Lots of enticing banter, but 'bedding' is dangerous but more likely  impossible.  Jaheira would leave the party in disgust; Viconia might be intrigued by her; Haer-Dalis... :chuckles: ..he would live or die by her command.  Ditto for a CN A-no-man.

I absolutely love the idea of seducing someone to evil if they're "fool enough to take her" when they're not evil themselves.  If she fails in her attempts, she leaves.  The idea of her staying with a Paladin is just plain repulsive.  The idea of going on hunts is a great one!  Your Bhaal avatar would overcome you.  And discipline.. :snickers: ..maybe you allow her to feed off of you as a treat.  And presents... "bringing her pretty young boys" as someone said.  Sinister.. yessss.  I bet there are some things she'd love to do with Bohdi's heart, even if it's just gorging on it.  That'd successfully end all other romances..  :D

Okay, enuf'a that.  Guess I should actually play her now, hmm?  :blink:                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: