Author Topic: action errors...should i be worried???  (Read 3229 times)

Userunfriendly

action errors...should i be worried???
« on: October 27, 2002, 07:37:14 PM »
when i talked for the first time with lady yut, with jaheira and myself....

action errors:-action:inparty not found. check for proper brackets. line number 2

when i talked to her again, she was ok...should i worry about this, or is this an isolated glitch????                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 07:38:43 PM »
never mind...just read post on ribauld, and i am not too worried...                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 09:58:31 PM »
i know its a sola bug cause i dont have valen installed, and having him clua in the party prevented bug...                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2002, 03:12:06 AM »
now it happens every time sola has a banter with that person, like lady yuthm faldorn...etc...                    

Se|ect

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2002, 03:18:17 AM »
hey u noe.. bunnies can carry harmful diseases such as chorlopic and krandai.. u shouldn play around wit bunnies!!                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2002, 09:37:16 AM »
Valen and Sola use the same "technology" and I have only had time to fix it for Solaufein. Perhaps later today I'll put out a Valen update. Sorry about this.                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2002, 12:25:50 AM »
"know its a sola bug cause i dont have valen installed, and having him clua in the party prevented bug... "

i dont have valen installed at all right now...

its hard to spot, cause the line prints on the dialog box, and form feeds so the error message pops up....once you scroll the dialog box, only then can you see it...

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2002, 03:32:24 PM »
Does this bug still smite you with the most recent versions of Sola and Valen? If you look on the main page you'll see that I've been devoting some small amount of attention to it and I think it should be gone. Let me know.                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2002, 06:11:29 AM »
79 fixed it, however, since 78, i noted if i have pc equipped with acid katana, and sola casts moonray, he gets hit by acid backlash...is this suppose to happen???                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2002, 11:57:56 AM »
If you go back and install 77, I think you will find that this behavior did not mysteriously appear in 78.

Anyway, the acid backlash from Sanchu is more or less controlled by game bugs in the Infinity Engine. There's nothing I can do about it. :-(                    

Assassin

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2002, 10:20:05 PM »
Does this bug still smite you with the most recent versions of Sola and Valen? If you look on the main page you'll see that I've been devoting some small amount of attention to it and I think it should be gone. Let me know.
                   Yes, it has been smiting me even with the latest Solaufein and Valen mods.  I tried reinstalling, but then it said taht it not find ValenJ.DLG, or Setup-Solaufein.TP2.  I eventually had to uninstall, and then reinstall.  So far, so good... And yes, the Action error is very important for the Hear-Dalis quest.  You can usually solve it by just talking to the person again, but as it says that 'Realis Shae appears to be busy', you can't open up the portal, and, thus, can't complete the quest.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2002, 12:29:41 AM »
Can you give a specific example of a person that gives this action error? I'll check here locally one last time just to make sure that it is fixed.                    

Assassin

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2002, 07:53:37 AM »
Can you give a specific example of a person that gives this action error? I'll check here locally one last time just to make sure that it is fixed.
                   Raelis Shae, the time that I returned the gem to her...                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: