Author Topic: question about clua-ing in sola in chapter 2  (Read 1897 times)

Userunfriendly

question about clua-ing in sola in chapter 2
« on: October 24, 2002, 01:25:13 AM »
now based on some info other people have posted, its quite common to use the clua command createcreature to have sola join the party early, in chapter 2, for example...since the read me has a lot of dialogs in the spoilers, quite a lot of which cannot happen after chapter 6....

and the readme said the story continuation is wierd too,,,,

but is there anything grossly wierd if i summon sola via clua console while i am in chapter 2???

like what happens in the underdark, when sola(in my party)  meets sola???

is there any problems i should be aware of???

Lump

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 06:37:22 AM »
I think the Clua Console Cheat with Solaufein is the best test you can make. Everybody should make this test if you install the game new (exspecially with different Mods).

I dit dont make it one time (my first time playing with the Solaufein Mod). I played till Ust Natha and everything with Solaufein was all right. But at the Moment we leaved quickly the Drowtown and Sola wanted to join my group ..... he speaked my words and I speaked somehow his words - it was a disaster. :(
Its really hard when you see that you have installed the wrong Mods together and you see it AFTER Ust Natha.

Till this I installed / played BG2 and all the mods a few times (always with Solaufein). And I always make the Sola-Test: Talking with Sola at the beginning. If he talk "normal": Leave the game and restart a older savegame - without Sola.

Its really a quick, good Test - I recommend it to everybody.

What happen if you come to Ust Natha and meet Solaufein WITH Solaufein - sorry, dont know. Never played with Solaufein from the beginning  :(
But .... its really a interesting question.                    

[!--EDIT|Lump|Oct 24 2002, 01:38 PM--]

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2002, 01:29:02 PM »
Lump offers some good suggestions.

However, if you do want to have Sola in chapter 2 (or even chapter 1), the CLUAConsole method is fine. Just make sure that you don't run into another joinable Sola later -- Ctrl-Y the Sola that appears after you leave Ust Natha, leaving only the one in your party.

The plot is only "weird" in that Sola will ask you about killing Phaera or whatnot when you haven't even met her yet.

Userunfriendly

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 02:00:41 PM »
too bad the two sola's dont talk to each other...

"hey me, how are you???"

"who are you???"

"i am solafein of ust natha, who are you?"

"oviously very confused"                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2002, 06:38:20 PM »
wes!!! hey, havent seen you post in a while...

anyway, this is info that should definately be in the readme...i mean i am sure people will try cluaing in sola after they have played thru at least once normally, and they need to know to cntrl-y the clone....

also, since you are likely to read this, have you seen this???

http://forums.fwstudios.net/index.php?act=...750ae15f064f419

its my suggestion for a dwarven thrower that throws korgan, instead of itself...

i thought about putting the suggestion in on sabre's item requestes site, but thinking about it, to get the full comedy effect, it should be done in a mod, with dialog and weidu commentary, not a mere item, and definately it would be hard to near infinity a effect for it...

but bowling for dwarves sounds fun, eh???                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2002, 06:48:43 PM »
I will change Sola locally so that if you already have him in the party he will not be spawned again.

I am not particularly interested in a dwarf-thrower (despite seeing one in the Dragonlance sourcebook). However, you could probably make one easily using the wing-buffer opcode on "self" and changing the direction.

I must admit that I haven't had much time recently to craft custom items.                    

Michel

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2002, 02:00:14 PM »
I will change Sola locally so that if you already have him in the party he will not be spawned again.
                   Aah, Good news! :)

( Just started a new game and didnt knew what would happen when i go to Ust Natha and met his clone :P :lol:)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: