Author Topic: Help please:Searching NON-WeiDu Mods  (Read 5703 times)

Lump

Help please:Searching NON-WeiDu Mods
« on: October 24, 2002, 11:37:29 AM »
I love WeiDu Mods - I will never play BG2 again without them.

But ...... I still "need" more Items in the game and I would love it to have a few more encounters (not stronger enemys - just more "ambushes").

I will install most of the WeiDu Mods - but before I install them I wanted to install a Non-WeiDu Mod - with more Items and Encounters.

My problem ..... I dont know one.

- I tried to install "Reign of Virtue" with WeiDu Mods - but my Computer dont .... like "this relationsship". So WeiDu Mods (Solaufein) dont works with "Reign of Virtue".
- TDD is great .... but ..... NOT compartible with TOB (TOB Patch) - something like this  :(

I please you:
Can you tell me a good BG2 Mod with lot of new Items and a few new encounters (or even quests - but new quests are not necessary).

Im looking for a Mod for BG2 AND TOB AND TOB Patch.
And of course a Mod whitch is compartible with all the WeiDu Mods.

Thanks a lot   :)

PS: Sorry for my english.
 :blink:

Sim

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 11:48:30 AM »
TDD is now compatible with ToB :)

Shadows over Soubar is another large ToB mod you might be interested in, although I don't know to what extent it is compatible with WeiDU mods.                    

Renegade ++RIP++

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2002, 11:55:00 AM »
Lump , if you go to www.teambg.com , and you choose mods from the sidebar , you'll get a whole list of mods , ranging from big ones to short ones.

And the advice I would give you on terms of TDD , just download the TOB compatible full mod at fileplanet (you'll find it if you search a little bit on TDD's site, but consider that it is a big mod and that you have to down it from fileplanet --> a queying time)

For the rest  , You have SOS = shadows over soubar , a very good mod , TS = tortured souls also reasonably good , the only problem that I have now is that my cd1 of soa is broken, crc error , so I can't play them anymore "was trying out TS but had a bad install --> had to reinstall and couldn't  , I then becursed my PC  , and still don't know squath about what I can do to rectify it --> would be very happy with some advice".
You have some minor mods  ,still relatively big  , but they normally act more as romances or so , like kelsey , tashia , nalia (are some problems with concerning other mods) , ... and others .

But the advice I would give you check out teambg.com and you have made one step for man but a gigantic step for mankind ;o)

Oooh and don't worry about your English it's a lot better than mine .
And I'm just from a little country aka Belgium

I hoped this helped , and have fun kicking their asses ;o)                      

Lump

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 11:55:06 AM »
TDD compartible with TOB AND TOB Patch?
Would be great - I will look if it is compartible with WeiDu.

Shadows I know - but somehow .... I never get it to download it. :(

Thanks  :)                    

Renegade ++RIP++

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2002, 01:30:23 PM »
hello, It's mee again

Yes TDD is compattible with TOB (version 1.03), there is even a patch (1.03A)

For sos , try downloading it with netpumper , or just open different hyperlinks to different locations those given to you in fileplanet "or try to use the ones with only 100 spaces to down something , or try it at another hour , because they aren't up the entire day/night"

solafein is compatible (I thought)
ease of use too
baldurdash, never used that one
valen, i think so to
item upgrade to
ascension idem
but try not to install the possible extra kits from the weidu ,I now that they are good/great but because the kitsmenu is already saturated, adding one will just screw the entire kitssection up --> so don't do that

Hope that this wass helpfull. But think about it ,i'm not entirely sure eh. So don't blame me if something has gone afoul.                    

Lump

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2002, 03:56:08 PM »
*hug* Thanks - great

Im a bit busy with all this stuff cause im trying to make quickly a "Installation Way for BG2 Mods" in my Forum.
So you helped me really a lot.

I also asked about WeiDu and TDD in the TDD Forum, too - they aswerd very quick and very nice (like you here :)  ) - look here:
http://www.teambg.net/forum/?board=1;actio...y;threadid=6851

I will post my german Installation way (if it works) here in this Forum, too. For german users. Will take a bit time till its finished and till I checked out if the combination works.

But .... Shadows dont work with TOB or with WeiDu - something like this. :(
Im just trying to download TDD - I am number 56 in line  :D

Renegade ++RIP++

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2002, 04:49:37 PM »
SOS will work with TOB , because in it's demands it asks for TOB
if you look at teambg.com --> behind SOS name there stands TOB required , and so does it stand on the SOS website
I think that the mod you mean is EE = epic andeavours that is only compatible with SOA
Now for the weidu mods I'm not that sure , but I'm pretty sure that item and sola work
But for ascension or the ritual I'm not that sure.

But what they did tell you about SOS was (I think) that the majority of the game goes on in SOA (so quest getting and quest solving)

Lump

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2002, 07:06:19 PM »
Here - I found some Threads about this in the Shadow Forum:

http://www.teambg.net/forum/?board=51;acti...y;threadid=4623

http://www.teambg.net/forum/?board=51;acti...y;threadid=5880

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
My Darling Solaufein dont work with Shadow WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*ärgs*
*colapsing a bit*

Now i remember why I dont want to install Shadow ..... nononono BG2 without Sola .....
 B)                    

[!--EDIT|Lump|Oct 25 2002, 02:08 AM--]

Lump

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2002, 08:12:43 PM »
TDD works with Sola - I just made the Sola-Test.
For everybody who want to play TDD AND Sola.

But ........ but ......   :(   THIS MOD HAVE CHANCED MY WHOLE GAME IN A ENGLISH SPEAKING GAME......

I read really a lot about TDD but I dit not read the FAQ *crying*
I suppose I cant chance this ..... so I must uninstall and the reinstall everything.

At the beginning again ..... somebody knows a good NON-WeiDu Mod that:

Work with WeiDu Mods, work with TOB & TOB Patch, DONT chance my game language *grmpfggll* and so on ......

:(                    

alustriel

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2002, 09:05:01 PM »
I might be wrong, but I think any non-weidu mod which replaces the dialog.tlk file will change the language of the game unless there is a language specific version of the mod to be had.  :(  Can anyone confirm this?

~LA                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2002, 09:48:42 PM »
Alustriel is correct. Any mod that replaces dialog.tlk will change the base language. If it fails to replace dialogf.tlk as well, you may end up with male characters that get english text and female characters that still speak your language. :-(

There is an "easy" "solution" here:

(1) copy dialog.tlk to backup.tlk
(2) install "heavyweight" mod that tramples dialog.tlk
(3) obtain weidu.exe
(4) weidu --tlkmerge backup.tlk --tlkout dialog.tlk

This will replace all of the strings in dialog.tlk that are also defined in backup.tlk with the backup.tlk versions (i.e., you get the german strings).

Forgot to backup your dialog.tlk? I have some spares in the "old" directory off my main page. Have a dialog.tlk that I don't? Please email me a copy -- they help with WeiDU research (yes, really!).                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2002, 12:20:21 AM »
Do you realize how dangerous this is?

(snicker)

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Lump

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2002, 03:03:40 AM »
But ..... the Kelsey Mod is in english, too and Kelsey DONT translate my WHOLE game in english.

Probebly cause its a NSC Mod and TDD have new Quest dialogues.

*Hug to Westley*
I will ask my boy-friend if he could make what Westley's proposing - even if it is dangerous. His english is better and he's pc-knowledge, too. And if the pcs exploding - its his fault  :ph34r:
However I have to uninstall the whole BG stuff here - so I can first make some experiences....

(EDIT: However - aren't the men responsible for everything bad .....  :P   ???    :D  )

I swore you: Till my new recherches now about other Mods I just LOVE WeiDu & Kelsey *grmpfgll*
Why cant be every Mod like them *grmpfgll* (and every Mod - Homepage)

@jcompton
I have been on you're page last night for a longer time. I saw the project "NSC Flirt pack". What a GREAT idea. Pleaseeeeeeeee finish it .....   :)  tonight??  :P   (so I could install & play it tonight) :P
*hug*

[!--EDIT|Lump|Oct 25 2002, 10:15 AM--]

Doune

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2002, 06:52:39 AM »
But ..... the Kelsey Mod is in english, too and Kelsey DONT translate my WHOLE game in english.
Hi Lump!

I guess the main difference between WeiDU-mods and those other mods is that the WeiDu ones add their english content to your german dialog.tlk, while the other ones just replace the dialog.tlk with a new dialog.tlk, which contains the original + additions, but is, by default, english. :(

[NOTE: No mod-bashing, just a very simple try to explain!]

Concerning the NPC-Flirtpacks, I'am also waiting for them impatiently, but let's not bug Jason anymore. :D  (Like fine wine the mod will also get better with time.)

Folkert                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2002, 08:32:50 AM »
Well, Wes's instructions for "repatriating" your dialog.tlk with your native language using WeiDU should work just fine. Give it a try.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Lump

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2002, 09:22:40 AM »
Im fighting .... im fighting .... its not easy to "convince" a man *grmpfggll*

I want that my boy-friend makes the dialog - thinks - chances there .... but he is not 100 % willing (just about 50 % until now)..... Im working on it.
I hope I have convinced him till Saturday .... or Sunday .....

:ph34r:

I will tell you if it works or not. And of course: If I have problems.
First we must uninstall and than reinstall the whole stuff .... to make everythink really from the beginning ....

[!--EDIT|Lump|Oct 25 2002, 04:23 PM--]

Lump

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2002, 10:51:37 AM »
I uninstalled everythink now.
Until now I have installed: German BG2, German TOB and newest TOB Patch (European Version).

First Problems:

1.) - copy the dialog.tlk file to backup.tlk ..... mean .... sorry, I dont understand ....

2.) - WHAT is the "heavyweight" Mod?
WHERE is this "heavyweight" Mod??

3.) - weidu.exe ...... öhhhh .... whatever it is ..... where can I get it from?

4.) - hö????

Thanks a lot for help and sorry - but Im not a pc-freak like you see. :(

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2002, 07:03:38 PM »
You are not certain how to copy a file?

Open up Windows Explorer. Typically this happens by clicking on "My Computer". Click around into you enter the C drive and tehn Program Files and then Black Isle and then BGII - SoA. Click once on Dialog.tlk. Right click. Choose "Copy". Go up to the edit menu. Choose "paste". You will see "Copy of Dialog.tlk" or somesuch in the folder now.

"Heavyweight" mod is whatever Non-WeiDU mod is turning your game English. I think it's TDD or something.

You can get WeiDU.exe from my main webpage. Just follow the links to WeiDU, download WeiDU-82.zip (or whatever), unzip it somewhere and you have weidu.exe. Move weidu.exe to your BG2 folder. Optionally, "setup-solaufein.exe" is the same as "weidu.exe", so you can just make a copy of "setup-solaufein.exe" and call it "weidu.exe" if you want. Either way works.

Now open up a command prompt (Start/Run/cmd.exe) and CD into your BG2 directory. Type the command I listed before (weidu --tlkmerge ...). Presto, it should be done.

Lump

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2002, 03:58:05 PM »
Soooo, what I have done until now:

- install BG2 & TOB & TOB Patch
- copy dialog.tlk (into a save folder somewhere at my "personal files")
- rename dialog.tlk into backup.tlk
- install TDD & TDD newest Patch
- put the backup.tlk into the BG2 folder „BGII – SvA“
- copy weidu.exe into folder „BGII – SvA“

...... and now?

Open weidu.exe and write into weidu.exe ....:
weidu --tlkmerge backup.tlk --tlkout dialog.tlk
and than: enter

like this?

OR should i write this into the command promt?

I wrote this into my command promt (first giving the way to the BG2 folder - but nothing happens). Okay, my boy-friend have done it.

After regerman my game a wanted to install all the WeiDu Mods (most of them).

Thanks

[!--EDIT|Lump|Oct 27 2002, 12:24 AM--]

Lump

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2002, 10:47:26 AM »
Help ....  :ph34r:                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2002, 12:56:33 PM »
Open weidu.exe and write into weidu.exe ....:
weidu --tlkmerge backup.tlk --tlkout dialog.tlk
and than: enter

like this?

OR should i write this into the command promt?

I wrote this into my command promt (first giving the way to the BG2 folder - but nothing happens). Okay, my boy-friend have done it.

After regerman my game a wanted to install all the WeiDu Mods (most of them).
Command prompt! You can't actually "give commands to WeiDu" when you double-click on it, although if that's a feature people want I could add it.

Did WeiDU say that it was doing any work? If you did it correctly, it should look like this:

Code: [Select]
C:\> weidu.exe --tlkmerge ./backup.tlk --tlkout dialog.tlk
[c:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\weidu.exe] WeiDU version 82
[./chitin.key] loaded, 590551 bytes
[./chitin.key] 182 BIFFs, 41793 resources
[./dialog.tlk] loaded, 9196363 bytes
[./dialog.tlk] 76561 string entries
[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.
[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.
[./BACKUP.TLK] loaded, 9196363 bytes
[./backup.tlk] 76561 string entries
[dialog.tlk] created, 76561 string entries

After that your main strings should be in german when you reload the game.

I'm afraid that I don't know what "regerman" means. Je peux parler francais si vous le voulez ... :-)                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2002, 04:34:30 PM »
I'm afraid that I don't know what "regerman" means.
                   I think she means "re-German", as in "Re-Deutschifying the language."

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2002, 05:12:34 PM »
Ah, that would make sense. For some reason I kept thinking that it was a real word (like "legerdemain" or something) ... :-)

Anyway, Lump, did it work? Or do you need more help?                    

Lump

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2002, 06:16:11 AM »
I still love you both :)

But ... I must wait till my boy-friend comes and helps me with this.

You know (or not  :)  ) ... I crash the computer here every half year. And till I crashed / killed / detroyed the computer some weeks ago (with every important file) .... I have no "permission"to go into the command mode  :unsure:

I must ask my boy-friend ... looking a bit like a dog and please him to help me. This takes a bit time till he is willing to help me  :angry:  (men!!!!)

So I will tell you till I tryed it.
Thanks so mutch.

PS: When I know how to re-german the game, I will write it down in my mod-documentation. Than my documentation should be finished. I will send this documenation to Westley so he can put it on his forum / homepage - so you will be never be forced again to explain this to somebody else ......

Lump

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2002, 02:23:55 PM »
IT WORKS
I MADE IT (okay, my friend made it)
ITS ALL GERMAN YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

THANKS a lot                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: