Author Topic: are these files needed?  (Read 1333 times)

ShockTroop

are these files needed?
« on: October 22, 2002, 05:55:07 PM »
When I run the downloaded extraction program it installs all the mod stuff into a specified directory (ease/ascension/etc). Are those files needed after the mod is installed with the extracted executable, or were they just there to be copied with the installation? Just curious to see if I need those extra directories...                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
are these files needed?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2002, 06:16:31 PM »
If you never ever want to uninstall or upgrade any of your current mods, you may delete all such directories.

Otherwise the answer is "no". Sorry! Those directories contain the raw data files from which a mod is installed (this is needed when you upgrade a mod you installed before this one) and old "backup" copies of your game files from before you installed the mod (this is needed when you uninstall).

WinNT/XP/2K? You can right click on that folder and say "compress this folder" to save a bit of space if you want to. You can also put them all away somewhere, as long as you restore them all before doing any mod upgrades/uninstalls.                    

ShockTroop

are these files needed?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2002, 01:00:04 PM »
Ok. I wasn't in dire need of more space, I was just curious as to whether they would ever be needed again, and that answers my question. Thanks!                    

[!--EDIT|ShockTroop|Oct 23 2002, 08:01 PM--]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: