Author Topic: I think there is a bug with multiple strongholds  (Read 2358 times)

klaussner

I think there is a bug with multiple strongholds
« on: October 20, 2002, 10:02:41 AM »
I recently played the game as a chaotic good fighter/thief  and arrived to the temple district, I arrived to the meeting with gaal and several peons, and as I was playing with Multiple strongholds installed, the head of the Lathander church came and gave me the quest of the unseeing eye.
I then entered the lathander church and got the Sir Sarles quest from the dawnbringer in there (I think his name is Sain I'm not sure)

Now I did the quest as follows:
talked to Sarles
Talked to Rejella the ore trader:
got both the Duergar's name and the fake illithium
killed neb and brought his head to gov district
forged Mace of disruption+2
got the fake illithium
brought it to Sir Sarles and have him left the town

Now occurs the bug: normally, a non-priest gets the quest from Helm's church, and talk to the helmit head and they give you a cool reward when bringing them the fake ore.

With multiple strongholds, I returned to Lathander's church to talk to the dawnbringer, but then I got "dawnbringer doesn't have anything to tell you" and same for the helmit head, thus I can't complete the quest.

I think this has to do with Multiple strongholds, but for the record I have:
french version
official latest ToB patch
Ease of Use/ improve item upgrade
Tashia
ritual
valen
kelsey /ToB kelsey
Solaufein
Ascencion

installed in that order.
Can someone help please?

I get another bug with Viconia's romance:
the romance gets to Lovetalk 45, and afterwards, instead of Lovetalk 47, I get the banter "what brought you to life? Some sort of error, I think" where she questions you about murdering Sarevok. After that, the romance doesn't go any further, even thought ViconiaRomanceActive is set to 1.
I usuallly get interparty embers banter also replaced with that specific banter, too.
I suspect this is a problem with elsey mod, as that kind of trouble didn't appear before I installed it.
Can someone help me getting the romance back?

Dark Phantom

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2002, 09:32:18 PM »
I am not a modding expert, but here is an idea:

1: Use Shadow keeeper or a simeler program to set lovetalk to 48

2: The Temple of Lothander does not accept the fake.                    

Kish

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2002, 09:41:17 PM »
Any of the three temples is supposed to accept the fake.  I can tell you that, though I can't tell you what the bug is.                    

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 02:22:47 AM »

Not a solution but did you speak to the right person ? If I remember correctly, there are two people you can talk to. Did you speak to both of them ? Perhaps you spoke to the wrong one ?

I have the multiple stronghold mod and with Helm, I was able to complete Sarles quest. I have completed the quest before with Lothlander as well.

Secondly, Viconia does do that sometime. She will repeat that over and over again so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have never had problem with Viconia's or Aerie's romance. Just Jaheria's but so has most people.                    

klaussner

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 09:38:53 AM »
I tried to manualy change the Lovetalk and to reset the romance, but it is to no use, the wrong banter happens anyway.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2002, 10:16:26 AM »
Looks like a bug with Multi-Strongholds. Have you considered contacting the author?

Anyway, I think this may be the problem (taken from Telwyn):

Code: [Select]
IF WEIGHT #1 ~PartyHasItem("MISC6S")
Global("SarlesPissed","GLOBAL",1)
InPartySlot(LastTalkedToBy,0)
Global("SculptorDone","GLOBAL",0)
Range("Oisig",25)~ THEN BEGIN 24 // from:
  SAY #29333 /* ~<CHARNAME>, what is wrong?  Has Sir Sarles proven difficult to deal with?~ */

It's the "RANGE" bit. Which is only a problem because (deeper digging) it turns out that the MS patch failed to change the state trigger for ... anyway, it's not important. I've fixed it, there will be a new Ease later today.

However, this fix will not retroactively help you, Klaussner. Your solution is to stand very near to the guy you want to give the fake illithium to and do:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BHARVAL")

Good luck.

Manchoon

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2002, 11:11:02 AM »
Talk to the guy who give you the quest (Sain). Theres two clerics in each temple.                    

klaussner

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2002, 12:16:23 AM »
Thanks Weimer, I had nticed the new ease of use and was gonna ask you about how I could fix it, but you were even faster.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: