Author Topic: Kangaxx Encounter  (Read 2275 times)

Assassin

Kangaxx Encounter
« on: October 17, 2002, 04:14:39 PM »
Okay, I just tried out the Kangaxx encounter.  I had to reload twice, once, with me sporting Stoneskin, second, with me sporting Stoneskin and Improved Invisibility (hey, I thought maybe me saves needed help).  Here's the question; how did they kill me?  I was at 160/180 HPs,  with the Belt of Inertial Barrier.  My saves aren't bad; I think the second time, with the Improved Invisibility, the worst is -3 (spells). Not bad.  Yet, somehow, they managed to kill me.

I know it can't be Abi-Dazlim's Horrid Wilting; with my uber saves, it would've done half damage, and another half damage with the Belt of Inertial Barrier.  Making it do a total 1/4 damage.  Even with both liches Horrid Wilting wouldn't have done do much damage.   I don't think they killed me with an instant death spell; saves, once more.  Maybe a conjunction of Greater Malison and Finger of Death?

Third time, I decided to pull out all of the stops.  As soon as I went in, I summoned a Planetar, and hopped outside.  That made them get a target lock on the Planetar, and allowed me to wait out the spell recharge time in peace.  To compress the story, the Liches summoned two Hakaeshar, the Planetar died, I summoned up another one, while spamming Horrid Wiltings.  

Anyways, to summarize, here are my two questions:  What killed me?  Second of all, when I used True sight, the Mirror Image disappeared, but the Simalacrum didn't.  What's the deal here?                    

Assassin

Kangaxx Encounter
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 04:15:29 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to say this; the Third time around, I beat them.  Planetars rule!                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Kangaxx Encounter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 04:43:51 PM »
For part two - Sim is not an illusion, you're thinking of PI.

For part one -- I have no idea. A stupid IE design choice prevents you from seeing the scrolling text window once you are dead. They could have put that "reload" window in the center of the screen, but no!

However, you could try again with "death ward" on your character. If that saves you, it was some finger-of-death, wail-of-the-banshee thing. If that doesn't save you, it was something else.                    

serjeLeBlade

Kangaxx Encounter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2002, 04:23:18 AM »
For part one -- I have no idea.
(..really? Or maybe you could want to tell him about that undroppable sword that one of them has, iirc?)  :rolleyes:

just my guess                    

[!--EDIT|serjeLeBlade|Oct 18 2002, 11:24 AM--]

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Kangaxx Encounter
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2002, 03:30:04 PM »
Ah, serje is on the ball. Sorry, I did not write that encounter so I forget about what is going on. The Dwarf thing has a Vorpal Blade. Watch out. Death ward.

Assassin

Kangaxx Encounter
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2002, 06:46:02 PM »
Ah.  So that was what was killing me. Good thing that I never figured out just what he had, or I would've been too scared to fight him :)

Still, doesn't the Vorpal Sword allow a Save versus Death?

I feel that it is kinda ironic that the Planetar went head-on-head with him (he was the last dude remaining)- The battle of the Vorpal Swords!  (the Planetar won)                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: