Author Topic: Dwarven thrower-item upgrade suggestion  (Read 3438 times)

Userunfriendly

Dwarven thrower-item upgrade suggestion
« on: October 01, 2002, 05:24:30 PM »
this has been a topic of many jokes in the banshee forum, so i ask the crown prince of item upgrades and really good mod making tools and mods.....

a dwarven thrower that actually throws the dwarf...

say you can get in trademeet, and its right next to the dwarven thrower, normal, and it says...

"when golodon the unmanned got tanked on a barrel of strong dwarven ale by his friend Wonky the bladder axe, he created for him a special hammer with powerful enchantments that made it the dwarven thrower a powerful item of warfare...

or so it would be if he wasnt drunk at the time...instead of it being a weapon you throw at the enemy and it returns to the wielder, it throws the wielder instead...."

+4 weapon.  when used it throws the wielder thru the air, (use wing buffet animation) spitting curses,,,and you can have the wielder interject curses like....

"oh crap, not again!!!!"
"yaahhhhooooo!!!!"
"up up and away!!!!"

use the interjections in weidu to add a stock of curses like tashia's morning wakey wakey comments....like you know, "im up, im up....can we not sleep for another hour?"

and to add to the comedy value, about every 10 or so tosses you get a confused icon for a second on the wielder....like korgy is seeing stars...

now for tactical utility, as the dwarf lands on the enemy, thats his new location, so tactically this would make sense,  korgy uses the thrower, gets thrown across the room, and switches immediatly to crom to mop up...

this could make item upgrade the most popular mod ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :P  :o  :lol:                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 03:05:35 AM »
shameless bump.....                    

Eocine

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 03:25:22 AM »
How about the Dwarf thrower, the elven hammer  mentioned in the item description of the dwarven thrower. Have it so every time you hit Korgan with it it sends him flying across the room,  deals no damage to him, but damages and deafens (due to a sonic boom) everyting he flies close to.                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2002, 03:36:03 AM »
hey, yeah, that would work...especially if you can control the trajectory and thus "aim" it at the enemy....and be sure it will not trigger korgan going hostile....

dwarf crochette anyone????or bowling for dwarves.....

the idea is just too funny not to do..eh????

Teno20

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2002, 03:38:20 AM »
hey, yeah, that would work...especially if you can control the trajectory and thus "aim" it at the enemy....and be sure it will not trigger korgan going hostile....

dwarf crochette anyone????or bowling for dwarves.....

the idea is just too funny not to do..eh????
                   LOL! :lol:
Too right                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2002, 03:53:11 AM »
in fact, bowling for dwarves is just too funny...

say in the challenge room in wk where all those pesky orcs keep appearing, you activate the dwarf thrower, and try to get the spare,..,,.

and if the projectile, korgy when hit by thrower gains the temporary ability smite, just imagine a dwarven missile which when hits a group of orcs they all fly away from korgy, he gets up, has the confused icon on him, and a voice over says "strike!!!" and you get the sound of bowling balls hitting pins.....

its just too funny not to do....pls wes????                    

Teno20

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2002, 03:59:08 AM »
in fact, bowling for dwarves is just too funny...

say in the challenge room in wk where all those pesky orcs keep appearing, you activate the dwarf thrower, and try to get the spare,..,,.

and if the projectile, korgy when hit by thrower gains the temporary ability smite, just imagine a dwarven missile which when hits a group of orcs they all fly away from korgy, he gets up, has the confused icon on him, and a voice over says "strike!!!" and you get the sound of bowling balls hitting pins.....

its just too funny not to do....pls wes????
                   Oh this is hillarious. 10 pin bowling with dwarves. I think i'm starting to like demi-humans now, thanks to this suggestion. I'd probably play as a dwarf just for this!                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2002, 04:12:35 AM »
as eocine pointed out, the original dwarven thrower is a war hammer for ELVES, to use on dwarves....

just think of all the fun things you can have...

charname:well, this looks like a useful tool...

korgy: you get that hammer, charname, and i will personally bash your head in...that hammer is a disgraceful  weapon made expressly to humiliate the poor dwarf by no good &&**%$#!!! elves to humilate them and use the poor honest dwarf as a instrument of siege warfare...without the consent of the honest dwarf....aaaarrrrggggghhhhh....

charname: well, then this is not a problem, as you most certainly are not honest...we may call you many things, but honest is not one of them,...ooppsee,,,we also never call you late for dinner...

aerie: oh please charname, lets get it, and the next time korgy cops a feel of my butt, smack!!!!
 :D  :P                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2002, 12:16:00 PM »
well, onyx in the forgotton wars project forum (i posted idea there too...i really really want this!!) pointed out the first time you use this item the council of 6 should send a cowled enforcer out and say "this device has been outlawed by the UN...urp, council of 6"

and i pointed out its actually been banned by SDLT 2....the strategic dwarf limitations treaty....

where only runt dwarfs and chubby halflings may be thrown....so my party could apologyse, and toss mazzy instead....
and instead of the "fake"sympathy korgan will get, aerie will get upset and start to cry, and viccy would laugh her head off...and anoweenie will say"so pint sized, you have finally found your role in this party...as ammunition..." and mazzy will turn him soprano, and the player will laugh.....
 :P  :P  :P                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2002, 11:48:57 PM »
shameless bump, as i just saw a post by wes, first in a while...bump... :rolleyes:                    

Kish

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2002, 11:50:51 PM »
I will admit that it could be a lot of fun to throw Korgan around the battlefield, and might even induce me to tolerate his presence for longer than five minutes.                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2002, 12:03:03 AM »
BURP....

excuse me....                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: