Author Topic: Tactics Mod  (Read 22657 times)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Tactics Mod
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2003, 10:32:36 AM »
Sheesh!  I gotta get the upgrade.  I tried to tell v9.1 to walk my dog and it put the leash on my goldfish.  Or is that a known bug?
I believe it's a known bug, though the latest version of WeiDU doesn't work correctly, either. The leash ended up on my cat, and you can imagine how well that went over.
                   Sounds like a bug to me. I think the problem here is that I don't have any pets myself, so in-house testing is difficult. How about this: just zip up your entire household and mail it to me. I'll unpack it here and try things out. With a few test-runs I should be able to get the leash on the dog instead. Hopefully the cat is known for its patience :-).

As for the bookshelf thing -- it looks like it's not organizing them, but for legacy reasons the default sort method is "editor first name ; ties broken by illustrator date of birth". The result looks random to most people. Specify "by genre ; ties broken by title" or some such. :-)                    

Hendryk

Tactics Mod
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2003, 12:19:31 PM »
Sounds like a bug to me. I think the problem here is that I don't have any pets myself, so in-house testing is difficult. How about this: just zip up your entire household and mail it to me. I'll unpack it here and try things out. With a few test-runs I should be able to get the leash on the dog instead. Hopefully the cat is known for its patience :-).

As for the bookshelf thing -- it looks like it's not organizing them, but for legacy reasons the default sort method is "editor first name ; ties broken by illustrator date of birth". The result looks random to most people. Specify "by genre ; ties broken by title" or some such. :-)
                   Thanks.  I'll do that.  

By the way, the 'genre' filter needs tweaking.  It put Aleister Crowley's 'Theory and Practice of Magick' in the Home Improvement section between 'Mix Grout Like a Pro' and 'The Ugly Shrubbery Guide.'  This almost made me miss the full moon the other night.

Kismet

Tactics Mod
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2003, 01:57:30 PM »
Damn!  I just organized my bookshelves by hand.  Next time I have some project around the house I'm just going to wait for a new version of WeiDU!                    

Tsuru

Tactics Mod
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2003, 02:03:50 PM »
Damn!  I just organized my bookshelves by hand.  Next time I have some project around the house I'm just going to wait for a new version of WeiDU!
                   Ach, the very thought makes me tired. And to think I used to organize my LP's in very specific order *sigh* Honestly, move to laid back Phoenix and all my organizational skills went out the window.                    

Kiki

Tactics Mod
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2003, 03:32:12 PM »
Sounds like a bug to me. I think the problem here is that I don't have any pets myself, so in-house testing is difficult. How about this: just zip up your entire household and mail it to me.
Done. I included my husband, as he is often found on the same couch as the dog and cat, so you'll probably want to factor in his proximity as well.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: