Author Topic: Yaga-Shura is causing crash  (Read 2581 times)

Piker

Yaga-Shura is causing crash
« on: October 11, 2002, 12:04:23 PM »
I newly installed most recent versions of Ascension and Sola.

I have had two crash bugs I haven't seen before - once when I enter the defunct Temple of Bhaal before speaking to Nyalee - it looked like the Skeleton Mage or Cleric was casting something that made the game crash.  My guess is it was the Mage, because when I later dropped 3 adhw on his head and killed him before he got a spell off I didn't crash.

The Yaga problem was similar - it looked like he was casting something and the game crashed.  In both cases it looked like it was Sunray - it was the column-of-light 3d effect, then boom.

Anyway, new to me as of this install.  I think I have saves just before both encounters.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2002, 12:56:18 PM »
Crash 1 - Do you have Spell50 installed? Remove it.

Crash 2 - Do you have Spell50 installed? Remove it. Yaga is known to cause crashes (see the README), consider uninstalling imp yaga.                    

Piker

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2002, 04:24:53 PM »
Gack.

Yes, I do, damn, I didn't read that readme :(

Edit:
Er, the Spell50 Readme not the Ascension one.   Uninstalling Spell50 worked fine, thanks.

Thanks, sorry bout that.                    

[!--EDIT|Piker|Oct 13 2002, 07:18 PM--]

raven

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 07:22:36 AM »
well it causes crashes even when I don't have the spell 50 mod installed. it's random, about 50% chance though...                    

Piker

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2002, 07:33:09 PM »
Not for me.  I experimented with different group makeup, levels, equipment levels and tactics after uninstalling Spell50.  Killed YS probably 12 times, no crash.  I suppose it's possible I could have just gotten 'heads' 12 times in a row but I don't think so:)                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: