Author Topic: Improved Demogorgan  (Read 2400 times)

Rhearns

Improved Demogorgan
« on: October 09, 2002, 12:20:45 AM »
(':huh:')Firstly I apologise for posting this here, obviously it's not Solaufein related. But most of the activity on this board is focused here and I'm sure most of you would be able to help me.

I have the non standard improved Demogorgan mod installed and am finding it really tough. I can only seem to get him down to badly injured. He then gates more demons and appears to heal himself. Can I get a few pointers here.

My party is:

Kensage
Solaufein
Keldorn
Sarevok
Aerie
Valygar

What weapons does it take to hit him +5? I've tried the simulcrum, improved alacarity, three lower resistance and 3 ADHW combo. Sometimes it works and hits him hard but sometimes it doesn't work! Or at least seem to hurt him?

What protections does he have on? Are these replenished whenever he gates in more demons? My characters have low THACO, some at -13 and GWW but still struggle to hit him. I think I could beat him if I understood what was going on. Like Wes says knowing is half the battle! :huh:

Pls help, thanks in advance.
---
Magical Rhearns :huh:  :huh:    :D  :lol:                    

Dyara

Improved Demogorgan
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2002, 02:07:03 AM »
Well, I think it belongs to the Ascension/Improved battles forum ;)

You need weapons+4 to hit Demogorgon but he casts a lot of stoneskin (maybe other protection spells too), so you have to breach him. The 'Answerer+4' might be a good weapon because he lowers both magic resistance and AC.

Looking at your party I wouldn´t bother to much with magics. I think he has high resistance and maybe he´s immune to 'lower magic resistance'.                    

Kreese Rasvar

Improved Demogorgan
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2002, 02:17:33 AM »
Also don't forget the stairs upward. If you lure his first batch of demons there they'll have to come up one at a time (the stair is too narrow for more) and you can whack them at your leisure. After the first batch, Demo's summoning rate is a lot lower and you can concentrate on him without being ripped to shreds by 'lesser' opponents.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: