Author Topic: A request regarding a minor detail  (Read 2320 times)

Althernai

A request regarding a minor detail
« on: October 07, 2002, 03:06:28 PM »
I don't know where else to post this so I post it here.

When going through WK with a Sorcerer, I discovered that a Planetar cannot hit anything that requires a +4 weapon. There are very few situations where this is of any consequence, but from a roleplaying perspective it makes no sense at all - that thing is supposed to be a divine servant, yet it can't touch things that Mordies and regular elementals do. Is there a quick and easy way to enchant the sword by one more (without increasing its THAC0 or to hit) and bundle that with one of the fixes?

If it would be hard to do, then it's probably not worth it.                    

Michele

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2002, 10:27:26 PM »
Try setting it's enchantment bonus to +4                    

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2002, 11:58:49 PM »
You should try the forums at www.teambg.com Anyways, here is how I would go about doing that.

1. Open up shadowkeeper and get the exact spell file that is being used.
2. Open up that spell in IEEP and check to see what .cre (creature file) is being summoned when the spell is cast.
3. Open up that .cre in shadowkeeper and check to see the .itm filename that it is using for a sword.
4. Open that sword in IEEP change its "enchanted to hit" value (which is separate from thaco bonus) and then save that file under a different name. e.g. put your initials in front of it.
5. Go back to shadowkeeper and change the old sword on that .cre to the new sword you just made. save the cre.

There you go.

p.s. don't have shadowkeeper and IEEP open at the same time.                    

Mizaq

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2002, 12:01:41 AM »
that above post was mine, whoops :)                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: