Author Topic: The Ritual - Exploit?  (Read 1527 times)

Piker

The Ritual - Exploit?
« on: September 25, 2002, 04:05:05 PM »
I stood on the stairs to WK after Pontifex gained some weight, which made his Timestops useless since he couldn't reach me.  I then pulled the golems and Mordy swords Ira'kiou'dneg summoned up the stairs to fight or otherwise kill, then fought the dragon at the foot once he was done summoning and casting protections on himself.

It means he couldn't DimDoor to my PC, since he won't fit on the stairs, and that my party could retreat anytime we wanted to heal and buff before returning to the fray.  It also meant that when my tank berserked due to the Lillith amulet, I could pull everyone who wasn't berserked away from him until he calmed down and meanwhile he would continue beating on the dragon.

Incidentally, I haven't looked at the item itself yet, but am I hearing Minsc all the time because of the amulet?  He is in my party and my game is heavily modified so I wasn't sure he wasn't just more screwy than usual.

Just thought I would let you know so you can change it if you don't want it happening in future.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
The Ritual - Exploit?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2002, 04:48:51 PM »
The Minsc yell should be fixed by the most recent version. What version do you have?

As for the stairs ... fixing the problems in the IE with respect to pathfinding and enemy movement is beyond my powers. I am also not the police. If you are willing to use this exploit, I'm not really concerned about stopping you -- you can just as well use Ctrl-Y to kill him. If you want more of a challenge, face him on the plane. If you think it is realistic that your character can hide on the stairs from a dragon (depends on how you view the area, I guess) and you are roleplaying a clever character, perhaps you should get this reward. Whatever works.                    

Piker

The Ritual - Exploit?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2002, 10:57:19 PM »
v4                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: