Author Topic: Error message  (Read 1552 times)

vedran

Error message
« on: September 23, 2002, 02:16:13 PM »
I have just downloaded WeiDU dialog tool (and GUI for it). When trying to compile or decompile I get the following message:
CreateProcess failed. error: 5
Any help will be appreciated. What other dialog tools are there?                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Error message
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2002, 04:09:07 PM »
Try running WeiDU without the GUI. It should work. Make sure that WeiDU.exe is in the same directory as the GUI.

The error message you are reporting is from the GUI, not WeiDU.

The other choice is to use IDU, which you can get from http://www.teambg.com

We don't recommend it for a number of reasons, but at least we won't censor knowledge of it from you.                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Error message
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2002, 07:25:19 PM »
There are other ways... none of which I recommend either.

There's dialogue editing in NI. This is hard, brute force work, and cannot be cleanly installed onto existing games with other mods.

There's TeamBG's new IDW. It's meant to correct some of IDU's flaws in state weight destruction and crashing and so forth. As of its first version (currently out), though, it has a number of issues, and from an export standpoint it's still no better than working in IDU or NI.                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: