Author Topic: Improved Mae'Var..  (Read 1625 times)

Grayson

Improved Mae'Var..
« on: September 18, 2002, 08:20:54 AM »
Heyas,

Is part of the "Improved Mae'Var" script the addition of making his Assassins capable of seing invisible creatures? Not able to attack them, but able to see them?

I'm currently trying to solo, and as soon as I see the Assassins, they start following me around. The second I become uninvisible, I'm getting backstabbed by the whole crew of them. All in all, this really, really, really stinks. Tried every tactic I can think of, and just can't shake them.

Is it possible to disable this as an option? It's looking like I'm going to have to cheese my way through the battle, and I really didn't want to have to do that :(                    

Althernai

Improved Mae'Var..
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 08:45:34 AM »
I think it is part of their script. I know for sure that the creatures from the random encounters follow you around while you are invisible - I'd think this applies to the Assassins as well. There is no way to disable it short of changing their scripts.                    

Grayson

Improved Mae'Var..
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 04:35:32 PM »
Bummer. Any idea who the appropriate person would be to email a suggestion that it be changed to an optional change? =)                    

Rhearns

Improved Mae'Var..
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 09:13:06 PM »
Bummer. Any idea who the appropriate person would be to email a suggestion that it be changed to an optional change? =)
                   Grayson don't worry about changing that. Before you go in and attack Maevar, simply steal the potions of invisibility that the asassins carry. Then they won't be able to backstab you as they gulp their potions. Distract them with summons etc.                    

Grayson

Improved Mae'Var..
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2002, 10:31:42 PM »
Heh, thanks for the advice. I cheesed it, and moved on. After spending about 2 hours trying everything I could think of, having 3 or 4 instabackstabbing assassins, who can backstab me from the front and track me wherever I went no less, was just too ridiculous.

Would have been doable with a party, possibly with summons (Although there's no way in heck I could have afforded to recharge my Wand of Summoning or buy scrolls at that point. The little stuff I could have summoned would have died way too fast to be of much use  =/                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: