Author Topic: Final battle Balthazar dialog loop  (Read 4191 times)

Dartanian

Final battle Balthazar dialog loop
« on: September 08, 2002, 07:19:26 AM »
After defeating Melissan and the five again, the solar approaches me and gives me my options for my destiny.  Problem is Balthazar seems stuck in a dialog loop telling me to choose wisely.  Somebody help please?  Also, how do you make Sarevok change alignments?                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2002, 09:42:31 AM »
What version of Ascension are you in, and what other mods do you have installed?                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Dartanian

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2002, 10:55:13 AM »
I have version 1.4.12 of the Ascension mod and I have the following mods installed:  TOB compliant Darkest Day, Reign of Virtue, Ease of use, Item Upgrade, Solaufein mod, and the last ritual mod. All of these are with the most current version.                    

Kiki

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2002, 11:12:36 AM »
If you're already at the final set of battles, it's too late to make Sarevok change alignments. During the course of ToB, he'll initiate a series of dialogues with you about his future, whether you'll release him from your service after your quest, if you think people can ever be redeemed, etc. If you respond to these in a generous and forgiving manner, he'll change to Chaotic Good.                    

Dartanian

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2002, 01:12:32 PM »
I finished the TOB all the way from Shadow of Amn with The Darkest Day at over 185 days total game time and I never saw the banters with Sarevok except for the ones that were initiated from certain enemies, what gives?  Any suggestions from anybody?                    

Kish

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2002, 01:57:15 PM »
Darkest Day bug. : shrugs:  Not too surprising.                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2002, 02:10:51 PM »
TOB's banter engine is remarkably unreliable. It just doesn't happen to fire terribly often. You might consider using the Banter Accelerator now in Baldurdash Remix.                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Kiki

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2002, 10:21:53 PM »
If you installed Ascension before the second meeting with Balthazar, the Sarevok dialogues will be triggered--that's built into Ascension. If they didn't ... maybe it is Darkest Day gumming up the works as Kish suggests. I've never gotten around to installing it.                    

Dartanian

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2002, 12:12:39 PM »
Another quest that I've never been able to get is to finish the love quest with Aerie and having a baby.   I've finished TOB numerous times and I have yet to get to the point of having the baby.  I did see the married dialogue but that was as far as it went.                    

GVGS58

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2002, 12:32:02 PM »
You have to wait a looooong time for the baby                    

Kish

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2002, 12:53:30 PM »
I suspect you may well be meant to complete the game with Aerie stll pregnant, if you romance her.  Yes, she gives birth if you wait long enough, but (in light of her saying that healing spells cast on her will heal the baby), it makes a lot more sense to have her pregnant than to have a tiny not-immune-to-Horrid-Wilting baby in her backpack.                    

Dartanian

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2002, 12:37:48 PM »
Has anybody had this problem with the Balthazar dialogue loop and is there any suggestions on how to fix it?                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: