Author Topic: 3 little suggestion for ATE  (Read 1585 times)

KaPe

3 little suggestion for ATE
« on: September 04, 2002, 10:43:53 AM »
Not exactly sola-related, but Add. Tac. Enc.
1. New Sahuaganin City is pretty tough - much tougher than Underdark, even with Imp. Mind flayers/ Beholders and Dragons... Could it be possible to make this area a bit more challenging? At this moment, all that PC needs to do is a)kill one group of Drow B) kill Elder Orb (or kuo-ta prince, even easier) c) kill 3-4 mindflayers d) Balor e) group of (those sporing thingies, whatever their name is) Bit much, but compared to fighting with Rebels, and  Minor Avatar, it's piece of cake. I'm not a tactical genius, but i think that couple of changes would be welcome - for example give Drow paralyzing bolts(it worked for fish city...), maybe some kind of spider summoning ( RS would be evil B) Maybe those quest with killing svirnevbli and slimes could be a bit tougher? (couple of slimes threatens entire city...? no way)
2. Spellhold - now that's a real joke - prison for powerfull spellcaster, and it has 3 golems ( or 5 ) but you don't need to fight a single one, couple of umber hulks(6-7), 2 groups of minotaurs&Yuan-ti, kobolds and a single vampire... ( oh, there a 2 trolls there, now that's *very* scary...) I had more trouble with finding a stake, than killing the vamp... May i suggest Nishruus, Hakeshar since they are "anti-spellcaster", maybe more golems, or something like that (and traps, maybe?)
3. Sendai... Every member of the Five has been "improved", except for her... She's supposed to be powerfull spellcaster, but all you need to kill her is true seeing and breach... Or planetar with IDBS instead of TS... She summons 2 drows per statue, but they are only a source of healing potions ( maybe some pre-buff scripts?) and the statues suck badly, i think that warrior, and thief type, should have imp.haste, and/or fireshields, and spellcaster some nice summoning (imp. mages summon 1 creature automatically, and she doesn't), maybe SI:abjuration/divination, and devas/elementals (for real Sendai) And after killing her - she says something about (sorry, but i don't remember english quote) stripping our victory of it's glory... Maybe releasing a comet or two, storm of vengenance or something could fix that?

And i can't believe i actually wrote all this text :blink: Please ignore all those spelling errors, and SMFA...                    

KaPe

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2002, 10:44:51 AM »
Ups, it's Sorry For My English...  [_[                    

JAG

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2002, 05:48:37 AM »
Just to add my two cents to this...
   I really like these ideas.  You'd think, just like in a Sahuagin City with royalty, that the Kuo-Tua (sp?) city containing a prince would be something of a tough challenge (at least the demonknight battle is).  The beefier Spellhold is a great idea, but that would probably take a good bit of time to do, plus you have to account for a pretty wide range of character experience levels...but anyway, that's why it would be optional right? :)  

Jamie                    

Gospel

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2002, 06:08:51 AM »
If these are added, may Additional Tactical Encounters be split up into different components too, please? :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: