Author Topic: Prot from Magical weapons bug  (Read 1518 times)

Mikar

Prot from Magical weapons bug
« on: August 31, 2002, 01:02:56 PM »
Heya,

It seems that the "Prot from Magical Weapons" spell doenst work again Abazigal. I know for sure that Abazigal doesnt weild a "normal" weapon so I should be immune to his attacks after I casted the Prot From Magical weapons spell. And...I am not immune. He keeps doing +/- 60 damage per hit!
I uninstalled IU and EOU and LVL50 spell mods and then the spell protected me again. I installed EOU mod and it still worked. When I installen IU i was still protected. Then I installed the LVL50 spell mod, casted "PRot From MAgical Weapons" again and get chunked in 2 strikes. It seems that the LVL50 spell mod makes the "Prot from Magical Weapons" useless.
I uninstalled the LVL50 Spell mod and the "Prot from Magical Weapons" worked again.

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 10:43:25 PM »
Very interesting, but if you look closely you'll see that the spell-50 mod *does not change Pro-Magic-Weapons* (SPWI611). That is, SPWI611.SPL is not copied or updated by that mod. You must be seeing a secondary effect from something, but I can't imagine what it is.

Can you tell me what other buffs you have when you do this Pro-Mag-Weap experiment?                    

Mikar

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2002, 10:25:25 PM »

After considreble checking i discovered that it was an custom item intervering with the Prot of Magic spell. It seems that the creator neglected to remove certain weapon immuneties from his item. This item was suposed to give only improved Haste for 10 rounds. I looked at the item with NI and it had Improved Mantle as an effect.. :/

I unequipped the item and everthing worked again.
Now i understand why i saw the "weapon ineffective" so much :blink:  :blink:

I remember that i "clua-ed" it in the game inbetween installing and uninstalling the mods.....So much for blaming a mod eh?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: