Author Topic: They too can be part of history....  (Read 1818 times)

klaussner

They too can be part of history....
« on: August 30, 2002, 02:46:29 PM »
I noticed that, altough Solaufein has interjections and banters for numerous people in the game, even with people you normally encounter before you get him, he hasn't got a line in Volo's dialog. Maybe you could add such description for Solaufein and Valen in a forecoming update Weimer?                    

alson

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2002, 05:21:46 PM »
Maybe you could add such description for Solaufein and Valen in a forecoming update Weimer?
                   I don't know about Valen, but the Volo-Sola part is already on the TODO list  :).                    

Homunculus

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2002, 11:55:42 PM »
Volo's dialogues usually take into account whether the companion in question is currently in a romance with the protagonist, and offers a different description if true. Which is a pain in the arse with Solaufein, considering his non-exclusiveness.

Solaufein:

"None more exemplify the Eilistraeen virtues of song and beauty than the Warrior-poet Solaufein. His association with CHARNAME has led him to surpass his already impressive Underdark origins as the formidable commander of the Male Fighters' Society in Ust Natha to become the renowned champion of his goddess on the surface world. Possessing equal virtuosity in the twin disciplines of mundane weaponry and arcane magic has allowed him to challenge Lolth's baleful gaze and pass into the annals of surface history as one of only a rare handful of acclaimed Drow."

Solaufein's response:

"...Where wav'ring man, betray'd by vent'rous pride
To tread the dreary paths without a guide,
As treach'rous phantoms in the mist delude,
Shuns fancied ills, or chases airy good."

Valen:

"Transcending her grimy cutpurse origins from the gutters of Athkatla and emancipated from her former Mistress' will, the vampire Valen has achieved a level of notoriety matched only by her preternatural pulchritude!"

Valen's response:

"Such purple prose stirs the wicked heart. Perhaps a poet would be a worthy addition to any brood I may collect, although such a keepsake would no doubt have to retain some of its critical faculties."

Volo:

"I, ah, assure you, madam, that you would become rapidly bored with an eternity of the repetitive adventure literature my readership demands (note to self: mention disconcerting ability to suck the life from any conversation)"                    

[!--EDIT|Homunculus|Aug 31 2002, 07:45 AM--]

klaussner

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2002, 04:11:36 AM »
hey, nice lines.                    

Homunculus

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2002, 12:39:56 PM »
Popular but busy mod-maker in ignored gift dialogue shocker. ^_^                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2002, 01:35:09 PM »
:-) I'm working on it. Those sound nice. Locally I already have some Valen and Sola Volo dialogue, but I will merge it all together.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: