Author Topic: 2 problems  (Read 3150 times)

Caernafon

2 problems
« on: August 27, 2002, 04:41:40 PM »
I've downloaded the latest item upgrade and I've got 2 bugs.
1. When ever I asked the dwarf to rummage through my pack (option 1) the sentence changes but the options stayed the same so I had to select option 1 a second time. Now on the latest patch it won't let me select option 1 the second time via the mouse, I have to tap "1" on my keyboard about ten times repeatedly.

2. I don't get the option for the Shield of Illmater +2, I have all the components and money but the option never appears. I've now had to use shadowkeeper to add it to my inventory (I took off all the other equipment to keep it legal)                    

reiella

2 problems
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 06:31:14 PM »
Err, 1) Shield of Illmater?

You mean the Holy Buckler of Amaunator +2?

If so, I believe that was kinda intentional.  Only Cespy can do the Holy Buckler upgrade (losing the Symbol of Amaunator before rescueing your romance/Solaufein == teh bad).

Hmm although it appears it does allow this.

Odd, the latest version should create trigger the buckler option (blah blah this forlorn buckler) when you have the buckler.

The other problems are actually results of it installing over itself, instead of being reinstalled.  Usually results from some files being write protected at the wrong time, best suggestion is to do a fresh install (delete the override directory, chitin.key and bgmain.exe as well).                    

klaussner

2 problems
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 11:29:28 AM »
I don't think you need Amaunator's symbol to rescue loved ones, only bodhi's black heart and undead bodies are enough.                    

INeedTheNetInMyRoom

2 problems
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 02:37:16 PM »
You may need it to open the door to get out.                    

Caernafon

2 problems
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 03:45:13 PM »
Nah, it has no use aprt from it's initial open the door.

Well I've only been playing SoA so that could be the reason.                    

reiella

2 problems
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2002, 04:13:48 PM »
Hmm, actually check the item code on your buckler +1.

And I'll admit I was wrong on the Symbol thing :) [oops].

SHLD17 is the only buckler +1 (unless you swiped some old skeleton bucklers).

Hmm.  No clue actually.  I never got it myself either.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: