Author Topic: bug in underdark  (Read 2508 times)

Koveras

bug in underdark
« on: August 24, 2002, 08:59:20 PM »
I have a problem in the Underdark where my anti-paladin, Valen, and sometimes Korgan will stop about every second when they are moving.  It's as if they are in attack mode.  They also simply stop if it takes a long time to get to the destination.  I think it is almost certain that it is because of the drow illusion, but it never happened before.  Another cause might be the Valen mod, since it happened after I installed it.  Does anybody know what I'm talking about? Is there a fix?                    

Homunculus

bug in underdark
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 03:50:12 AM »
Please tell me; do either your PC or Korgan have any items that confer a substantial regenerative effect?                    

Koveras

bug in underdark
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 07:14:45 AM »
Yeah, I have Acid Katana and ring of gaxx.  Korgan have improved ring+2.                    

Koveras

bug in underdark
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 07:16:33 AM »
It has something to do with regeneration?

reiella

bug in underdark
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2002, 10:40:52 AM »
Possibly.

The Drow Illusion can cause problems if you have huge regen (don't ask em why :P).

There is an ease of use mod out to disable the drow graphic illusion (ie, hand waving says you look like drow now) so you don't start to have that bug.  Although I think it might be too late to use that for you.

Valen ... has huge regen to begin with so that does sound right.                    

Koveras

bug in underdark
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2002, 02:33:05 PM »
Can you tell me where to get this ease of use mod? Thanks.                    

Kish

bug in underdark
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2002, 02:43:22 PM »
The same place you got Valen.

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate/                    

Koveras

bug in underdark
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2002, 03:00:00 PM »
Ah, I see.  But I'm still wondering if this is such a common bug, why hasn't anyone fixed it, other than disabling the illusion?  I don't know anything about fixes, patches, and stuff, so excuse my ignorance.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
bug in underdark
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2002, 10:24:56 PM »
Bioware/BIS "tried" to fix it in their most recent ToB patch (or something) ... but what they really did was make it "half as bad" (you only stutter half as often).

Use the Ease component on all future games to avoid it. Sadly, the Infinity Engine has quite a few of these little hanging buglets. :-(                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: