Author Topic: Solaufein's romance:when does it start?  (Read 2640 times)

klaussner

Solaufein's romance:when does it start?
« on: August 20, 2002, 10:05:52 AM »
At what point in Solaufein's dialog does he truly romance you? (like when the value for Viconia or others romance global is of 2 rather than 1 or 0)?

Because I got solaufein and fought Bodhi, but she didn't take him from the party, so I assume I wasn't far enough in the romance. (I'm two dialogs before Archryssa appears) .

Kish

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 11:46:49 AM »
Not a good assumption.  Bodhi will grab Solaufein independent of romance.  (She's not grabbing him because he's your romance partner, like all the others.)                    

Aubrey

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2002, 01:07:00 PM »
Not a good assumption.

Not a bad one either, considering that players had used to having Bodhi abducting one only and if he/she was just their romance interest. Of course, that was happening in b.S.* era.

*before Solaufein

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2002, 01:11:02 PM »
If Solaufein is installed but he wasn't abducted, it might mean you installed Kelsey after him. Kelsey's abduction will skip Solaufein's.                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Aubrey

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2002, 01:20:11 PM »
Because I got solaufein and fought Bodhi, but she didn't take him from the party, so I assume I wasn't far enough in the romance.

According to the README, Bodhi would adbuct Solaufein whether you are romancing him or not. Now, if she didn't do that, it would probably mean that something went wrong with some of the game files. For example, having some other mod installed after installing Solaufein which might affect some scripting files.  In my recent game I had installed Kelsey mod after installing Solaufein, and Bodhi didn't abduct Solaufein.

I'm not tech-wise, so you would have to wait for Weimer's reply. He would probably know what went wrong in your game.

Klaussner

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2002, 04:31:56 PM »
I have installed Kelsey, but before I put Solaufein on.
I didn't have Kelsey in my party so he wasn't abducted.
Strange thing is this time, valen had no dialog whatsoever with bodhi.

this would be an interesting chalenge:
If you have a five-members party and bodhi abducts kelsey solaufein and viconia, can you defeat improved bodhi without adding another party members (only the two left) and only with the help of drizzt?                    

reiella

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2002, 06:54:50 PM »
Depends on party layout.
With Spell50 + a high level sorc with HW, quite easily.

A double HW should kill Solaufein, Kelsey, and Viconia off the bat (with Spell50, I believe a triple would probably kill all three without Spell50).  You just have to deal with Bodhi.  A planetar should be able to help significantly with Imp Bodhi.

Bodhi herself would be harder, but with just two people you can probably get Level-Drain immunity on both of them (so she focuses on Drizzt and kills him).                    

Aubrey

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2002, 12:05:48 AM »
Depends on party layout.
With Spell50 + a high level sorc with HW, quite easily.

...and if you haven't Spell50 installed?

Of course you are right: a Planetar can be of great help, but I don't know how easy would be for a two-member party. I needed a lot of melee fighting to bring her down. Don't forget that the time she's about to die and says, "No, this life is mine!", she's instantly healed and you have to start all of over again. *sigh*

However, I don't remember if Negative Plane Protection worked against her.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2002, 03:24:57 PM »
Negative plane protection will protect you from Bodhi's level-draining claws.                    

reiella

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2002, 04:11:26 PM »
As I said, a triple 'should' work without HWW.

20d8*3, ~270 damage on average (20*4.5*3).  in half it's 135 (Assuming a save).

Assuming the level 20 cap is correct on that heh.

Just need to prolly toss a few Lower Reses first (Triple Lower Res Spell Trigger should bamf out Solaufein's huge SR).  Should on average kill Solaufein.

If it doesn't, then a Time Stop Quad Wilting would clear them out most likly.

Negative Plane Protection does work.  However, she shifts her target to someone without it if possible.

After 'this life is mine' it tends to go really well for me (her buffs have either faded or got dispelled).  But then again I play on normal :).                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: