Author Topic: New lich in the docks  (Read 1673 times)

Kastagir

New lich in the docks
« on: August 20, 2002, 07:07:04 PM »
While most of the new tactical encounters included in the Sola mod are very enjoyable (I loved Kuroisan, even if it was a little silly), I found the lich in the docks to be very disappointing.  Perhaps this is due to the fact that the lich appears to "force cast" it's spells.  I would implore you to read the description of creeping doom, especially the line that says  "100% spell failure".  I watched in dismay as the lich cast 3 spells during a time stop while taking 2 points of damage per second of real time from a successfully landed creeping doom.  Is this poor scripting or just a bug?

Blucher

New lich in the docks
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 07:37:31 PM »
Notice the words over the lich's head, things like: 'Uses a ring', 'Uses a scroll', etc.  Items can't be disrupted.  Note that she won't drop all of the items, though the items she does drop are very good.                    

reiella

New lich in the docks
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2002, 08:05:42 PM »
Well, the lich has at least done the Triple-Skull Trap (sequencer I assume heh) while magic disrupted.  But the lich does use alot of scrolls, if you kill her fast you get some of them too.  Many many timestop scrolls heh.                    

Kastagir

New lich in the docks
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2002, 12:24:35 PM »
No, these are not items or scrolls, these are spells being cast.  During the time stop, I can watch the lich cast spells while taking 2 damage per second.  I've noticed the text when creatures use wands, scrolls, potions, etc., and this is not the case.

reiella

New lich in the docks
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2002, 12:31:08 PM »
Hmm, which spells if you can recall?

I'm going to look at its script now :).

[ Oddities ]
Override script: GBLICH1a.BCS ... this doesn't exist.
Race script: GBLICH1B.bcs ... this does exist.

There is also a GBLICH1C.bcs script that isn't used I believe.

From 1B.
All the Time Stop blocked spells are Forced (not sure what all this bypasses, but it does actually only use Force for the TimeStop scroll and the Ring).

Hmm, Project Image trigger Really Forces Imp Invis, no dialog overhead for ring use.

1C Seems to just be a stripped form of 1B, only one timestop, no triggers, etc.                    

[!--EDIT|reiella|Aug 21 2002, 01:46 PM--]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: