Author Topic: Random City and Wilderness fights ?  (Read 2063 times)

Mike B.

Random City and Wilderness fights ?
« on: August 19, 2002, 09:57:08 AM »
I just started Chapter 6 and I haven't seen the new Weimer or Kensai Ryu random fights.  I travel between the city maps constantly and make numerous wilderness trips, but no random fights.  How random is random?  What is the percentage chance of those encounters?  Perhaps Wes could dramtically increase the percentage (say 33% or 50%) for each trip between maps.  Maybe this could be included as alternative option from the one already in the Additional Tactical Encounters.  

I recall only one random fight from a prior game.  I loved that random fight!!  It started out with an imp, then some elementals, various monsters and ended up with a few demons. I had to shift my combat strategy on the fly to deal with each new opponent.  I wasn't sure if I would make it out alive, which doesn't happen too often! I simply want to see those  encounters occur on a regular basis, not just one time in the entire game.                    

reiella

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2002, 10:04:01 AM »
Actually from all accounts the world map random encounters seem to be time based.  Kind of fun after getting a random encounter, just reloading the autosave, and going again to reset until it's something you want to face.

Best suggestion I have is make routine trips between Watcher's Keep, Athlatka, and Windspear Mountains (or some of the C6 areas).  Those produce the longest journey typically.                    

starrie

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2002, 03:56:10 PM »
be carefull what you wish for...........  :lol:
I once got a siver dragon as a random encounter...not good when your on your way to resurrect dead party members after being vamped..like sola and kelsey...lol...
picture this....my party members..me(fighter/mage)
                                                  viconia
                                                  valygar
                                                   jaheira
                                                   kelsey(dead)
                                                   sola(dead)
now keep in mind that I have just came from the graveyard district and killing both improved bodhi and undead sola.....needless to say I have NO spells left and because it is a random encounter...no prep time...can you say ouch?
lol
                                                                               :rolleyes:                    

alson

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 05:10:09 PM »
now keep in mind that I have just came from the graveyard district and killing both improved bodhi and undead sola.....needless to say I have NO spells left and because it is a random encounter...no prep time...can you say ouch?
lol
:rolleyes:
                   Ahh, now, that's the beauty of autosaves!  :D                    

starrie

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2002, 06:13:08 PM »
@alson

well...yah..I  just couldn't believe that someone would be that masochistic as to give a silver dragon as a random encounter....even with all my spells and lots of prep time adalon was tough...she still manages to kill at least half my party when I play evil...... :lol:                    

starrie

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2002, 06:15:06 PM »
did I tell you that I had the improved shadows of amn dragons installed?.....double ouch... :o                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: